Bag for 5'9" Egg

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Bag for 5'9" Egg

Postby lgrdnr » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Hey, first post on here for years, (went and blooming lost the password)

I've been based out here for a few years now, and towards the end of last year got a new board from a local shaper - what they say about spanish builders taking forever and a day can't be said for the shapers, good job & done in 1 month. Anyway, in the summer I'm gonna be back in Scotland and want to bring the board back with me. The issue is finding a bag for it:

5'9" x 20"

Blocking the rails with foam, triple wrapping it in bubble wrap and then putting that in a sock can't be the only option...

Liam
lgrdnr

Re: Bag for 5'9" Egg

Postby roberdy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:07 pm

I got a 6'0 which is 22' wide, took to it and around Oz in one of these --> http://shop.rhinosurf.com/rhino-surflite-wedge-retro-5mm-boardbag-1267-p.asp had plumbers pipe lagging on the rails and was wrapped in bubble wrap too :) Didn't get a single ding until my first surf back in Scotland when a local 'tard paddled right in front of me as I took off and ruined one of the fins!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby lgrdnr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 am

Cheers Daryll. Surfed with you a couple of times at fittie and the broch when I was at uni in Aberdeen. How've the waves been?
Liam
lgrdnr

Postby Archy_is_God » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 pm

FCS do a 6'0 'retro' bag with a velcro fin slot - they last well and do the job well
Archy_is_God

Return to Wetsuits and gear