Don't buy a Nixon Supertide watch

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Don't buy a Nixon Supertide watch

Postby surfrat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:47 pm

just don't do it.
Got bought one for my birthday. opened box and battery flat. returned, waiting for refund a month later - surfdome!
girlfriend ordered another thru another dealer. paid for it but then they said none in stock so another refund
ordered a 3rd straight from Nixon. 48hr delivery didn't happen. then it too had a flat battery
cue crying girlfriend and another load of hassle getting refunded (thanks Tiki the local Nixon dealer for helping with this). girlfriend spoke to Nixon and someone said "these watches have a battery problem"...if they know this why the fuck didn't they check it before they posted the fucking thing

just steer clear people
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Re: Don't buy a Nixon Supertide watch

Postby prjwebb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Their newer watches in general seem to be pretty poor. The casing and straps falling apart as well as battery problems.
prjwebb

Postby roberdy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:02 pm

crazy, I got a Nixon off of ebay with a tiny scratch on it 4 years ago, it has had one battery in that time and is my go to timepiece..(whatever the feck that means), but two local shops have stopped stocking Nixon cause of crap customer service so it must tell a story of some kind...
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 pm

^^ go to timepiece :lol: :lol: :roll:

what's your step up / down timepiece
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby surfrat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:18 pm

well they've apologised in writing which is what i wanted. they did offer to send me a lowdown2 until new supertide comes out then let me swap them which was better but i'd already decided to go for another brand as i'm fed up with Nixon. They are, by way of making amends, sending us a couple of free tshirts apparently.

ordered a Sharkbrand watch instead...guess what the website selling them took our money and then said it's not in stock in that colour so please wait a week.....fucking hell it's a joke!!! they're gonna sort one out but are refunding us for the 48hr delivery payment.

FFS if you don't have something in stock UPDATE YOUR FUCKING WEBSITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i'm not destined to have a watch anymore!! :roll:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby zboy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:56 pm

DSCF3711.JPG
DSCF3711.JPG (31.5 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
get a tag instead
zboy

Postby ATTMFKH » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 pm

I've already got one ......... :mrgreen:

Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby zboy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:I've already got one ......... :mrgreen:

classic like that :lol: :-)
zboy

Postby buttholesurfer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:25 pm

You think that's bad, I bought an Omega seamaster watch, after a year the seals failed and filled up with sea water. When I took it back they said I shouldn't really wear it in the sea! My exact words to the posh looking sales assistant ...'your shitting me?!'
They sorted it out in the end...Seamaster my ass!
buttholesurfer

Postby simpak » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:05 am

surfrat wrote:just don't do it.
Got bought one for my birthday. opened box and battery flat. returned, waiting for refund a month later - surfdome!
girlfriend ordered another thru another dealer. paid for it but then they said none in stock so another refund
ordered a 3rd straight from Nixon. 48hr delivery didn't happen. then it too had a flat battery
cue crying girlfriend and another load of hassle getting refunded (thanks Tiki the local Nixon dealer for helping with this). girlfriend spoke to Nixon and someone said "these watches have a battery problem"...if they know this why the fuck didn't they check it before they posted the fucking thing

just steer clear people

It is so aweful... Nixon has a problem..
simpak

Postby Paul C » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:40 am

Had my Animal watch for 4 years now with no problems and wear it in the surf all the time and has had only one battery change which I didn't have to wait long for when I sent it away. :-)
Paul C

Postby Spencersurf » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Do not buy the supertide. Nixon know they have a problem with the battery. Why do they keep selling them.new model out end of August, will it be any better!
Spencersurf

Return to Wetsuits and gear