Cyber suits(Japanese made)

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Cyber suits(Japanese made)

Postby Renna » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:17 am

Got a 5/4 custom made by Cyber suits in November. Ordered through the US dealer and got it shipped to Norway. Ended up paying around 650$. Last three or four years I've been in 5/4 Xcel drylock's and 4.5/3.5 mm O'neil psychofreak.. This suit blows them away. There's no extra room anywhere and fit is just like expected from a custom suit. It's warmer than the drylock suits and more flexible than a 4mm.. A genius zipperless entry with absolutely no flushing, and also easy to get on and of.. The inner-lining is super comfy. Doesn't dry out really fast like a Isurus, and gets equally heavy like other suits with a inner-lining. That said, I'm usually dry when i take it of so it doesn't matter. Had 3-4 hour long sessions in down to 2-3 degrees water temps without getting cold. Hands down the best suit I've ever had. A buddy of mine who lives in Ireland got a 4 mm from them, and he ended up using it as his wintersuit since it's warmer than his brand new 5 mm quicksilver cypher.. If anyone considering spending their money on a new top en model from some of the big companies, you should look into a custom made suit. Defiantly worth the wait, and not really that much more expensive. Took about two months from ordering until i got it so plan ahead a bit. There's other companies in US who you can order custom handmade Japanese suits from(Elem, Axxe, etc..), but most ended up at around 1000$, or i couldn't really figure out their websites. Quality seems top notch so far, but to early to tell since I've only had it for about four months..
Renna

Re: Cyber suits(Japanese made)

Postby defever » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Wardo!!
Not that Wardo being sponsored by Cyber matters...

What's the "zipperless" entry like? I couldn't find out much on their webiste. Any pics would be helpful!
defever

Re: Cyber suits(Japanese made)

Postby Renna » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm

It's easy to get in and out of and the most watertight system i have tried.. I'm pretty bad at explaining stuff like this, but you enter through a big opening, and closes it with a Velcro on the chest. Then there's two cuffs that you pull over your head and closes/locks with velcro.. It may sound complicated but it takes about the same time as closing a zipper.. The velcro is solid and have no signs of wear so far.. But yeah.. you should probably see some pictures of it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-aT2KQa_Vs
Don't know which of the brands this is, but the entry is the same.. I think most of the high end Japanese suits uses more or less the same zipperless entry..
Renna

Return to Wetsuits and gear