wetsuit retailer in cornwall uk

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

wetsuit retailer in cornwall uk

Postby kittypurrkate » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:16 am

HI, i'm looking to buy a high end winter wetsuit and want to try some on, wondered if anybody knew a retailer in cornwall, uk with a good selection, live in falmouth - somewhere near newquay maybe? there is nothing in the shops round here
kittypurrkate

Re: wetsuit retailer in cornwall uk

Postby Evil J Guano » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:08 pm

I'd try Shop on the Beach at Watergate or Down the Line in Hayle, both excellent.
Evil J Guano

Postby Leven » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:44 pm

You live in Falmouth and you can't find anywhere to try a wetsuit on? I'm surprised none of the shops have any girls suits in?

Go and speak to Keith who runs Freeriders, and tell him Chris from Porthleven sent you in. He'll sort you out, he's a really good guy. It's on the Moor, just up from Lloyds TSB, other side of the road to KFC. Normally some boards in a rack outside.

Or, go and have a look in Sessions, or Ann's Cottage, both in the main street in Falmouth, both surf shops.

Failing them, Newquay town centre has half a dozen surf shops stocking the usual brands, Perranporth has a couple of surf shops, Hayle has Down the Line, and they're the main ones really, with probably the biggest choice.

You'll need to be quick though, they'll be getting in the summer stock now!
Last edited by Leven on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leven

Postby Leven » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:50 pm

PS. Let me know if you need a hand with the "fitting"....!! :wink:
Leven

Postby kittypurrkate » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Leven wrote:You live in Falmouth and you can't find anywhere to try a wetsuit on? I'm surprised none of the shops have any girls suits in?

Go and speak to Keith who runs Freeriders, and tell him Chris from Porthleven sent you in. He'll sort you out, he's a really good guy. It's on the Moor, just up from Lloyds TSB, other side of the road to KFC. Normally some boards in a rack outside.

Or, go and have a look in Sessions, or Ann's Cottage, both in the main street in Falmouth, both surf shops.

Keith has 1 winter wetsuit left, not my size. Loads in Sessions, all entry level, there was one decent oniell one but again, not my size. Anns cottage, same.

Thanks for other tips though
kittypurrkate

Postby Leven » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Yeah, that's going to be your problem now, the most popular sizes and suits will be gone. If you know what size you are in certain makes, you could always look online too? Most will do a refund/swap if it doesn't fit.
Leven

Postby prjwebb » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Try down the line, they have shit loads of suits.
prjwebb

Return to Wetsuits and gear