Wetsuit prices.

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Wetsuit prices.

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:44 pm

With most wetsuit brands it looks as if theybasically have two price ranges. The cheaper ones that usually go from about £100 to £150 and the more expensive ones approximately around £250 to£300 plus.
What is the difference in quality? and is it worth paying more?
Paul C

Re: Wetsuit prices.

Postby Leven » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 pm

There's so many posts on Wetsuits, just search the forum. Also, have a look at 2 wetsuits from the same brand. It'll usually come down to things like how flexi the neoprene is, whether the seams are taped or not etc.
Leven

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:13 pm

^^ and some marketing sciencey enviro bullshit
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Philshoz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 am

Paul C wrote: is it worth paying more?

You can spend big on a Matuse or Patagonia (400) but is it really worth it. I am struggling to see it myself.

I always look for secondhand first. Got a mint Rip Curl 3/2 eBomb on here from lecky, like new 50 notes.

There was another on eBay the other day, didn't sell, so I contacted him...£55 if I want it, chest zip.

Then there is the 'last years model' option, bargains galore if you hunt around. 2011/12 O'neill 4/3 RG8 £150 delivered to me here. King of Watersports.

Remember, those entry level suits would have been cutting edge technology a few years back.

So, let your fingers do the searching and grab a deal................... :-D
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby mitch_goodyear » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:49 am

Paul c

Hiya mate I feel that to honest it usually is down to you pay for what u get??, the issue with the Patagonia wetsuit situation is that their really that bloody expensive and we can't all experience them!! To b fair anyone that can afford to get one ain't gunna say that their crap because they've jus smashed £400+ on it lol.. They look simple which I like, attention to detail is good, whether they last is a question I can't help wiv?lol, but yourl need to talk to a few shops etc about a few things like where their supplied from? I.e xcel n c skins iv been told are made in the same factory??.. I feel the best thing for people to do when they need a good first wetty or on a tight budget.. Is to look out for last minute previous season suits?? From eBay or your local surf shop??
Theirs always last season c skins wired suits n badass psycho freaks n all sorts of sizes??
mitch_goodyear

Return to Wetsuits and gear