wetsuit repair

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

wetsuit repair

Postby otterr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm

any suggestions for the best place to get a wetsuit repaired?

just knackered the neck of my xcel suit :cry:

I can post it, so anywhere in the UK!

cheers
otterr

Re: wetsuit repair

Postby dermo909 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:07 pm

I've just sent my Billabong wetsuit off to get its zip done at Bodyline in Newquay... I was directed to them by wetsuit outlet who I got the suit from.

The zip is being done under warranty and I'm also getting the neck done as well. The neoprene on the neck is wayyyy too thin and ripped. Hopefully it all works out ok!
dermo909

Postby Leven » Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 am

Spot on, Paul at Bodyline is a legend. There's also an Xcel repair place in Plymouth I think....search the forum.
Leven

Postby mountain man » Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 am

Go to Daniel Surf Plymouth, they deal with Xcel and have been excellent the few times I've sent suits there for repair.
mountain man

Postby otterr » Thu May 02, 2013 8:37 am

looks like Daniel Surf are the ones!
otterr

Postby prjwebb » Thu May 02, 2013 10:24 am

I'll second Bodyline. Me and a few mates have had suits patched up there and it's always a top job and very, very reasonable price.
prjwebb

Postby dermo909 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:43 pm

I got my Billabong suit back this morning from Bodyline and the repair job is excellent. It really looks like a new wetsuit again!

The ripped neck panel was replaced by thicker neoprene so hopefully that wont rip like the old one did. The zip was also replaced and hats off to them, you cant even tell its been replaced.
dermo909

Postby briggfoot » Sun May 26, 2013 9:22 pm

mountain man wrote:Go to Daniel Surf Plymouth, they deal with Xcel and have been excellent the few times I've sent suits there for repair.

Second that, their warehouse is like an Aladins cave of kit too!
briggfoot

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:48 pm

I need the right knee replaced on my Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 because it has gone really thin and is now leaking water in one place. I would like to have it replaced with the same type knee.
I had another Rip Curl a few years ago with the same problem and a place I took it to replaced the whole knee piece with ordinary neoprene and stuck something over it that looked like an elbow pad which kept coming unstuck. I wasn't really satisfied with this so I want someone who will replace the correct type of knee piece that is on it now.
Does anyone know if Bodyline can do this? because I don't live too far away from Newquay.
Paul C

Postby prjwebb » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Paul C wrote:I need the right knee replaced on my Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 because it has gone really thin and is now leaking water in one place. I would like to have it replaced with the same type knee.
I had another Rip Curl a few years ago with the same problem and a place I took it to replaced the whole knee piece with ordinary neoprene and stuck something over it that looked like an elbow pad which kept coming unstuck. I wasn't really satisfied with this so I want someone who will replace the correct type of knee piece that is on it now.
Does anyone know if Bodyline can do this? because I don't live too far away from Newquay.

Bodyline do Ripcurl's repairs around here so I'm sure they'll either be able to use the same knee piece or an improvement.
prjwebb

Postby baggins » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Another thumbs up for Bodyline

I used them last year to replace the kneepads in my O Neill Mutant
Great job done - good communications with the guys down there

Im up in the North East so it was a postal job - fair price for a great job - new pads still going strong and the liquid seams are flawless
baggins

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:42 am

prjwebb wrote:
Paul C wrote:I need the right knee replaced on my Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 5/3 because it has gone really thin and is now leaking water in one place. I would like to have it replaced with the same type knee.

Bodyline do Ripcurl's repairs around here so I'm sure they'll either be able to use the same knee piece or an improvement.

I phoned Bodyline last week prjwebb and I am going to take it in there when I go for my next surf at Newquay, hopefully in the next few days. :-)
Paul C

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Just picked up my wetsuit from Bodyline. Excellent job, like new!
Can't even tell it has been worked on. :-)
Paul C

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:26 pm

I dropped 3 suits in to Bodyline on Monday. Quoted £50 to fix all three with postage back to me included. 1 knee to replace, 1 crotch, 2 small holes needing patches and a general fix up of a few seams. Canne complain about that.

The fella in there, Paul?, was super friendly. Best of all the place actually smelled like surf shops used to. A mix of resin and neoprene. Can't remember the last time I went in a surf shop that smelt like that.

I also picked up a sleeveless thermo rashie for 20 notes. Bargain.

I'll report back on the quality but have had suits repaired through warranty from them and always been happy. No reason to expect otherwise.

:)
Poo Stance

Postby prjwebb » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

I've got a couple to drop in there soon too. I thought the same thing regarding the smell last time I was there :D
prjwebb

Postby Leedsol » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Big up to Bodyline from me
just got my O'neill mutant back, 3 day turnaround
two kneepatches repaired
like new
very reasonable price too
extended the life of my fave ever wettie
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Postby Argent_Vive » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:21 am

Paul down at bodyline all the way. As far as i'm aware he's the go-to for most major brands repair wise in the uk and for good reason. He does a bloody good job of it for a reasonable price.
Argent_Vive

Return to Wetsuits and gear