Billabong Furnace

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Billabong Furnace

Postby rodent » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Anyone have a billabong furnace wetsuit - not sure if a billabong furnace 4/3 is comparable to a average 5/4 winter suit???

Any advice appreciated :-D
FREE THE DEADLY
rodent

Re: Billabong Furnace

Postby Sealines » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Local shop has this on sale in my size. 100 quid off. The furnace carbon comp. 5/4. Has the fluffy inside but no shiny, wind-resistant external chest/back panel thingy.

Anybody any experience of one? Or if that shiny chest panel is essential for the type of conditions the Welsh coast offers?
Sealines

Postby Leven » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:51 am

Can't say on thsi model but I've had Billabongs in the past (5years maybe) and they were terrible. Weird fit, poor quality.
Leven

Postby Sealines » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Ok good to know, thank ya
Sealines

Postby thechimp » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Leven wrote:Can't say on thsi model but I've had Billabongs in the past (5years maybe) and they were terrible. Weird fit, poor quality.

agree, i've had Billabong suits in the past, not the best but now not a lot of choice as Billabong has received a bid from Boardriders Inc (Quiksilver) so now quik,bill, xcel etc are all the same, just as well call them Oaktree, and now its just coming to light much off the stuff is made in North Korea by slave labour, with the companies refusing to name their supply chain, maybe better we all return to Snugg and the like.
thechimp

Postby Goat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:44 am

Not tried the furnace, but I bought a 4/3 billabong tri bong in the sale, for summer/autumn use. For £143 I think it's very good. Decent enough quality, warm and fairly flexible. It has their signature neck entry system, which feels weird at first, but it really does prevent flushing and no rashes / discomfort on neck like other wetsuits I've tried.

Fit in fine for me, but that's always subjective anyway.
Goat

Return to Wetsuits and gear