easy wetsuit to put on

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

easy wetsuit to put on

Postby salsapirate » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Hey all
I got a longboard and wanted to do some paddling first as i haven't surfed in a long while. I have some arthritis in hands so when i went to put on each of 2 wetsuits i have that are old but in good condition, I found it impossible. The force i need to exert to clamp my hand on the wetsuit hard enough to hold it while pulling over my ankles to get on and off, and the pain that would result from the inflammation of tendons from repeatedly doing this, would surely more than negate any benefit of the paddling overall. Any suggestions on a wetsuit for SoCal 58F (about 13C) water, that I can get on and off more easily?? Thanks for your comments
salsapirate

Re: easy wetsuit to put on

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:47 am

Use PolyBags over your feet & hands to get the wettie on / off .....................
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Re: easy wetsuit to put on

Postby Black » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:56 am

You used to be able to get wetsuits with pleats and a velcro strap in the ankles & wrists so you just pull the strap to open it wide. If they are not made any more you could get some put in. Don't know why these aren't really popular today?
Never growing old together...
Black

Return to Wetsuits and gear