How to buy neoprene fabric for wetsuits

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

How to buy neoprene fabric for wetsuits

Postby Ganix » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:26 am

Hi guys,

I'm a surfer and a designer and I'd like to make my own wetsuit (and some more in the future...). I've never bought a neoprene fabric before, so here I am, asking for some advice.

I'm thinking of making some 2mm just for summer time, to try to keep it as simplest as I can at the beginning... I need to buy neoprene fabric but I don't know which are the best brands or dealers for wetsuits. There is lack of information on internet and I think if ask Rip Curl, Billabong or some other brands they're not going to be very helpful in terms of revealing their secrets and stuff.

Any ideas where to go or what doors I can knock on to start asking?

If someone could help me, that would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Ganix
Ganix

Re: How to buy neoprene fabric for wetsuits

Postby Black » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:40 pm

Which internet would this be you are searching???
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby briggfoot » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:43 pm

Well if you literally want to go knocking on doors, I know there's a wetsuit repairer called 'BodyLine Wetsuit Repairs' that has a little glass-fronted unit in the new residential estate off the Gannel Road in Newquay, near the fire-station.
I walked past it today and they had what looked like whole rolls of neoprene material, like wrapping paper sorta thing.

Good luck, must be fiddly as hell, I ain't got the patience for it!
briggfoot

Postby JayP » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm sure if you contacted Malcom at snugg wetsuits he would sort you out some. Won't be cheap though.
JayP

Return to Wetsuits and gear