Boots, any advice ?

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Boots, any advice ?

Postby bluesky66 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi,

I have a pair of gul power boot 5 mm round toe and struggle to feel my surfboard.
I am a beginner though and can manage a take off most of the time on white waters. Since I am wearing these, it becomes really hard for me to feel where my feet are.
It takes me either longer to take off to make sure my feet are well positionned either fall off.

Just wondering if anyone would have any advice on this.
They are good boots overall and don't feel the cold but didn't put much in it so I thought maybe there are better quality boots ? Maybe 3 mm instead of 5 mm ?

Thanks
bluesky66

Re: Boots, any advice ?

Postby Black » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:02 am

Boots are a necessary evil. You just have to put up with it. I have those or very similar & wear in winter only. Sizing is crucial.
Never growing old together...
Black

Re: Boots, any advice ?

Postby BoredatWork925 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Pop into a shop and have a feel of the soles - some are thinner than others. I use O'Neill 'heat' boots and they have a very thin sole with loads of feel and they're better than my previous Gul boots. I'm on my second pair now, because the soles are so thin I wear through them once a year! They've thickened the latest model though, so pop to a shop and have a look.
BoredatWork925

Return to Wetsuits and gear