Edinburgh/glasgow/surrounding area surfers

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Edinburgh/glasgow/surrounding area surfers

Postby swiggy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:02 am

I'm back in UK for another 10 days (one of my best mates was killed in the Glencoe avalanche, funeral was last Thursday so I came back for that, its kind of a strange visit), and will be in edinburgh in a few days time. Looks like theres going to be some waves east side, I brought my wetsuit and have obtained a POS Bic 6'7 I can ride. If anybody wants to lend me a real surfboard though I would be very grateful, and if anybody wants to go surfing I'd be happy to go with them. I should have a car to use.
swiggy

Re: Edinburgh/glasgow/surrounding area surfers

Postby danny1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 am

If you get down into Northumberland let me know.

Sorry to hear one of your pals was in the avalanche. RIP
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby swiggy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:41 am

Cheers man. I'm staying with family in Cheshire at the moment, funeral was in Blackburn where he was from.

Planning on driving up on wednesday, was thinking of taking A1 and getting a wave in along the way, looks like big swell and strong NW wind, you want to surf? I have surfed a few spots in northumberland but not in conditions like this..
swiggy

Postby danny1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:55 am

There'll be a low ride left and high tide right breaking wed. If the forecast holds. Both don't mind N or NW winds . Both bowly with chance of a bazzer. I posted a pic of both in the Sunderland thread

I live in Whitby now but will be up there with work wed/thurs/fri. I got morning meetings but can do the pm. Can bring thruster.

Thurs may just be amazing.
danny1

Postby swiggy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:18 am

That sounds good to me man, thanks. Can meet you wherever you want on wednesday. I can prob do thursday too, was thinking of staying in edinburgh wed night (family and mates there) but I don't have to, I'm going to be up there for a few days anyway and have time to see people.

I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks, think it would be really good for me to get in the water
swiggy

Postby danny1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 am

Ok mate I'll let you know what my movements are gonna be

I am in Exeter on the tues so it's likely I'll be gagging for a surf too as sick of travel! I only have one meeting I must attend- I can move the rest if the forecast gets all time

I know you like a very short board but I'm a fat bastard so usually surf fairly volumey 6'2s- maybe bring a set of small fins? FCS

also I just snap
Ed a leash so currently using my spare as my first. Have you got a spare one?

If you are heading north and thurs looks to be anything around 8-10ft 12 sec range and s erly- ill come up to borders with you- got a couple of spots that will blow you away
danny1

Postby rustopher » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:54 am

Hey Swiggy - sent you a PM.
rustopher

Postby danny1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:03 am

swell not filling in till late wed now swig- may just catch low tide at Black Middens but its a risky call.
danny1

Postby Chris F » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:34 am

Can't help, but sorry to hear about your mate Swiggy.

Another close shave for 3 climbers in Cairngorms on the weekend.
Chris F

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:30 pm

sorry to hear about your mate Swiggy - tragic.

I'm stuck at work all week so I'm out ............. hope you get some ocean therapy though.
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby tootes » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi Swiggy, I am in east lothian now (although working away most of the week ATM).

Feel free to use any of my boards, I just need to make sure my mrs is in when you pick them up and drop off.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby swiggy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks guys, I think I'm ok now tootes but I'll keep that in mind too, cheers

PMed you danny
swiggy

Postby danny1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 pm

couple of fun surfs and meals with Swigster the last coupla days

first surf he knocked a fin out of the board i lent him! the slab was probably a bit too low to surf but he was desperate.

nice to meet you again mate- pop in anytime
danny1

Postby insideout » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Did you score middens in the end?
insideout

Postby swiggy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 am

Big thanks to Danny for sorting me out, losing a best mate had definitely shaken me up a bit, I got some really fun waves and put a smile back on my face again.

PM me your address danny and I'll post you a fin from my spares box, seemed to happen before I even caught a wave eh? Board was fun as a twinny anyway..

It was really nice to have so many offers of boards and lifts to beach etc., including from people I have never met. If any weeders make it over to vancouver island please get in touch, my doors usually open.

Jon, surfed it twice at 2-3 ft and clean, nothing epic but really fun.
swiggy

Postby tootes » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 pm

glad you had a good un. Good karma must have come around cos the sale of my manc house went through today so i guess I really do now live by the sea
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Return to General