Thieves operating at saunton

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Thieves operating at saunton

Postby seymourbutts » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm

£4 to park in february!!! :evil: l like a few others in front of me, did a u turn and went elsewhere.
seymourbutts

Re: Thieves operating at saunton

Postby buttholesurfer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Half term...anything to make a buck!
buttholesurfer

Postby Leven » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:51 pm

£4? £5 at Puts on Tuesday!
Leven

Postby surfrat » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:05 am

get up early. you can get in before 8 and they won't be there.
i paid to park for a surf for the first time in months at croyde on friday...my resolution to get out of woolacombe more is gonna be expensive!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby Vince Noir » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:05 pm

do you know where there is free parking at croyde surfrat ?
Vince Noir

Postby briggfoot » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Vince Noir wrote:do you know where there is free parking at croyde surfrat ?

Just a thought, last summer I was talking to one of the National Trust attendies at the car-park they have there, and he mentioned some new scheme which was in the pipe-line of a £24 National Trust membership for the use of their car-parks only - about half the price of their normal full membership for looking in the old houses.

They own a fair old chunk coast-line and beach car-parks in the South West:- Godrevy, Croyde, Crantock, Wembury being just a few that I've used, so it's worth consideration for watersports enthusiasts, the money obviously going to look after the land/properties they maintain.

If you're under 25 then you can join the NT for 25 quid anyway I think.
briggfoot

Postby Andy7 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:58 pm

I went camping at Croyde last year, first time I've been there for a few years. I was a little surprised how much it was to park at Puts and Saunton. I wasn't expecting it to be more expensive than most Cornwall beaches to park

The National Trust membership isn't something new. I've been using it for about 10 years and it wasn't new when I first got it.
I got it as I surf at Church Cove and Godrevy a lot so saves a lot of money.
Andy7

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 am

The prices have steadily increased over the years. Puts sharks will be out at 5am if its obvious the surf is going to be good. not so much in the winter, but everyday in the summer

It would seem the other car parks have started to follow suit, and they would be stupid not too seeing as people will pay it. Saunton car park, £7 a day in the summer, and it will be filled up completely by 11am on a hot day...
Vince Noir

Postby surfrat » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 pm

dunno when it ends but there's free parking during winter in croyde towards nat trust area. it's on left where before the turning that you'd walk down to beach.

if anyone's around in summer in woolacombe in a camper i can do much cheaper parking all day by combesgate for you outside mine....£5 all day or a six pack of beer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

briggfoot wrote:
Vince Noir wrote:do you know where there is free parking at croyde surfrat ?

Just a thought, last summer I was talking to one of the National Trust attendies at the car-park they have there, and he mentioned some new scheme which was in the pipe-line of a £24 National Trust membership for the use of their car-parks only - about half the price of their normal full membership for looking in the old houses.

They own a fair old chunk coast-line and beach car-parks in the South West:- Godrevy, Croyde, Crantock, Wembury being just a few that I've used, so it's worth consideration for watersports enthusiasts, the money obviously going to look after the land/properties they maintain.

If you're under 25 then you can join the NT for 25 quid anyway I think.

£24 to only use the car parks! If this materialises I am interested.
Better than paying the full £39.75 just to see how the greedy rich used to live.
Last edited by Paul C on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C

Postby briggfoot » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Andy7 wrote:The National Trust membership isn't something new. I've been using it for about 10 years and it wasn't new when I first got it.
I got it as I surf at Church Cove and Godrevy a lot so saves a lot of money.

Fair one, I wasn't aware of that, certainly the guy I was talking to suggested it was a new scheme for the half-price/car-parks only set-up.

Paul C wrote:
briggfoot wrote:
£24 to only use the car parks! If this materialises I am interested.
Better than paying the full £39.75 just to see how the geedy rich used to live.

Agreed. No mention of it on their website at the moment, but I'll keep eyes open and post back here if anything turns up.
Last edited by briggfoot on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
briggfoot

Postby Chrisisted » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:58 pm

National trust car park only membership was definitely being used in 2012 I know my in-laws had one
Chrisisted

Postby coxie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Sure there was a thing a while back where you could join the national trust in New Zealand for £14 and it enabled you to park in any national trust carpark over here.
coxie

Postby well-chilled-out » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:50 pm

I'm re-locating to North Devon, £80 frikken quid for Bantham !!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Cheaper to paddle down the Avon with longboard in tow.
well-chilled-out

Postby Vince Noir » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:17 pm

its not cheaper mate...probably the same if not more for a pass for saunton, or puts.

i never pay for parking, but then again i am lucky and have a few mates with car park passes.

id like to say that its a good cash injection for the local economy, but i have a feeling that not much of the villages see any of that cash. couldnt be sure either way though
Vince Noir

Postby Jory » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:35 pm

saunton pass is £120 i think this year, puts pass is about the same. That said you dont need to go many days in summer to make it back!
Jory

Return to General