Stoke surf today!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Stoke surf today!

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:51 am

Overhead clean green Atlantic juice with Kaikela (aka The Janitor) yesterday. Never been in at this spot before – had to negotiate 2 electrified fences and then do the bull run (new name for the spot) through a field of gnarly young friskers. The Janitor nearly got mowed down on the way back :lol:

Long clean green walled up visions of perfection – long rides with boils all over the place – paddle back out was a ballache though. Ran out of gravy in the arms, did the bull run , then slid sideways down a farmers track to another spot. Couple of good ones but not worth the effort on that one.

Then off to a high tide right reef that was firing big lefts :? ................... those storms in January must have rearranged the furniture on the seafloor

Feel as though I've been in a fight today though :cry:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby zboy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:10 pm

nice little surf today, blue sky no wind and little clean peelers real fun :-D :-)
zboy

Postby seenit » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

Got the stoke back to such an extent yesterday that I feel the need to tell as many people as possible.

Short back story: I had a pretty nasty accident with a router last November and ended up having reconstructive surgery, it capped off a shit year of surfing as I'd been working in London for most of it.

So after being through re-hab and finally getting some work at home in Bristol I got out in the surf and beautiful sunshine yesterday. It wasn't the most epic day wave-wise but I filled my boots, spent 2 hours in the water with a massive grin on my face and even got a fairly decent sized wave with a couple of turns in. I didn't surf anywhere near by best but my lord it felt amazing, a real lesson in just enjoying the activity for its own sake rather than trying to progress all the time and pushing or berating myself beyond the point of enjoyment. Tomorrow's looking good so I'm going to go again, and maybe Thursday work permitting.
seenit

Postby zboy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:21 pm

another nice day clear blue skies 4 to 6 ft super clean and no leash :-D :-)
zboy

Postby Archy_is_God » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 pm

seenit wrote:Got the stoke back to such an extent yesterday that I feel the need to tell as many people as possible.

Short back story: I had a pretty nasty accident with a router last November and ended up having reconstructive surgery, it capped off a shit year of surfing as I'd been working in London for most of it.

So after being through re-hab and finally getting some work at home in Bristol I got out in the surf and beautiful sunshine yesterday. It wasn't the most epic day wave-wise but I filled my boots, spent 2 hours in the water with a massive grin on my face and even got a fairly decent sized wave with a couple of turns in. I didn't surf anywhere near by best but my lord it felt amazing, a real lesson in just enjoying the activity for its own sake rather than trying to progress all the time and pushing or berating myself beyond the point of enjoyment. Tomorrow's looking good so I'm going to go again, and maybe Thursday work permitting.

Stoked! :D
Archy_is_God

Postby zboy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:48 pm

more good surf today super clean head high had good few pumps down the line cut backs and a few floaters :-D :-)
zboy

Postby oddmanout » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Got some great waves tues and weds between appointments in south Wales, sadly back to towns and flatness now, but still stoked off it, 24hrs on 8)
oddmanout

Postby Dantastic » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Sunburnt face in the shape of my excel hood is not strong look. However after the last 2 days on the north east of sun and relatively clean swell I'm chuffed to pieces. Got my bets ever backhand wave at clayton today as well. STOKED!

Lets see what tomorrow has in store for me!
Dantastic

Postby danny1 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

canny surf today...had a handful of barrells but never exited
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby danny1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:21 pm

good surf this morning

heavy reef .. on my own.

head high.

I always shite myself at this spot when it gets over head high...its one of those places you always worry about your leash pinging

couple of unexited barrells and one nice one where i dropped in on the shoulder and just caught the end of the lip going over my head- looked up into the roof of the barrell then as i came out looked behind into the whirling washing machine mechanics of a slabbing barrell...

it got windy and rippy towards low tide so came in prematurley
danny1

Postby tootes » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:34 pm

nice one danny, there were a couple about up here too. Got parked in the pocket on a real nice wave but don't think I can give it any kind of claim (other than this sentence lol). Stopped at the lights behind BMW K*** KEG on the way home which made me smile.

had a three hour session all told, waves from start to finish but quite sety, some amazing walls at times, real quality. Thought it was gonna be tiny so only had the log but really enjoying riding it lately. Loving my surfing at the moment :)

its great when you look round and see all the madness behind you.
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 pm

tootes wrote:its great when you look round and see all the madness behind you.

In life, on the wave or both ? :-)
ATTMFKH

Postby tootes » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:21 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
tootes wrote:its great when you look round and see all the madness behind you.

In life, on the wave or both ? :-)

I only do it in life after my wife has shouted at me.
wheels and water blog
Eco Kindle Blog
tootes

Postby danny1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Another great morning at my fav little slab. Lots of waves. A few unedited bazzlers ... Cover ups... And only my good pal scar face stu for company- paddled out on a bodyboard and got some thick tubos.. Love it when North Sea is small and long distance xx big kiss xx
danny1

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Nice 1 Danny. Give my love to Stuey
Poo Stance

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 am

danny1 wrote:Another great morning at my fav little slab. Lots of waves. A few unedited bazzlers ... Cover ups... And only my good pal scar face stu for company- paddled out on a bodyboard and got some thick tubos.. Love it when North Sea is small and long distance xx big kiss xx

Why is he called scar face Stu :mrgreen:
ATTMFKH

Postby Chris F » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:27 pm

Big Al Pacino fan.
Chris F

Postby Werwulf1919 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:19 am

Only four out at a chunky slightly messy 4-5 ft north bay in SC/NY this morning...only me and a mate out at a super clean 3-4ft reef break a bit further south...sweet :lol:
http://mohawkeastcoastsurf.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/edmohawk1919
Werwulf1919

Postby tootes » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Werwulf1919 wrote:Only four out at a chunky slightly messy 4-5 ft north bay in SC/NY this morning...only me and a mate out at a super clean 3-4ft reef break a bit further south...sweet :lol:

could have sent some up the coast a bit. Twas a bit gash up here tbh. two+ hour session in the sun was nice though, and it thinned out to two or three of us after a while.
wheels and water blog
Eco Kindle Blog
tootes

Postby danny1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Werwulf1919 wrote:Only four out at a chunky slightly messy 4-5 ft north bay in SC/NY this morning...only me and a mate out at a super clean 3-4ft reef break a bit further south...sweet :lol:

at mid high tide?

i waited in this morning to do some work..waiting for low tide. got to the spot. ran down...wind went ESE and wrecked it!
danny1

Postby Werwulf1919 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:47 pm

Yeah just after seven...checked it later and it had gone cross-shore so my timing was good for once...didn't bother this morning as it looked a bit shitty.
http://mohawkeastcoastsurf.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/edmohawk1919
Werwulf1919

Postby briggfoot » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Few great waves tonight at South coast spot, solid size, hollow, fast waves, comitted and got under the lip on a few as opposed to being a pussy and straightening out, then got drillllled. Only managed an hour or so because of work, shame it goes dark, huh? But super-worth it.
briggfoot

Postby Ferral » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 am

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

for last night and this morning.

Ferral

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

an hour of big beefy shorebreak on my shortboard last night, and 2 hours of chest high peelers on the 6'4 single at bracklesham today :-D 2 good surfs on the same swell stoked...
Tomdiddlybomb

Postby gasman1984 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Surfed the drop at rest bay for coiple of hours. Solid 3-4ft. Bit lumpy to start, cleaned up a bit later. Bloody good wave on its day
gasman1984

Postby zboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:51 pm

little surf today,caught few knee high peelers. not surfed for a week so good to be in the water.
zboy

Postby tootes » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:40 pm

Ferral wrote::-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

for last night and this morning.

+1 for this morning. One of the best waves I have ever caught on my log this morning. Went fat round high tide though :(
wheels and water blog
Eco Kindle Blog
tootes

Postby zboy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:48 pm

real spring day here surfed aspot that hasnt worked for a while it was super clean shoulder high peelers,had a couple cover ups :-D :-)
zboy

Postby Black » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:10 pm

Exhilarating! :-D @Perranporth
A little less offshore and it would have been fairly perfect!
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby zboy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:46 pm

atlantic juice came through today, in for a few hrs,caught some corkers even on the inside where they normaly tail off they where keeping there height and just dumping,a good seven ft today totally stoked, three day on the run. :-D :-)
zboy

PreviousNext

Return to General