had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby briggfoot » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:06 pm

Garbage surf today in Central Morocco. Made even better by my buddies sending me pictures of it going off back home the last few days! :twisted: :roll:
briggfoot
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:55 am
Location: Braunton, N.Devon

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby MV2local » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Knee high sheltered North sea wind chop for today. As the tide went out, so did whatever waves there hardly were there in the first place...
Turned the session into a paddle training and went for a km or so of paddling along the shoreline.

Kindof felt like the first stirrings of spring where in the air though!
MV2local
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Black » Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Bad back causing foot placement difficulties and pain plus weak crappy waves = don't ask more than you're given it'll only piss you off!
Never growing old together...
User avatar
Black
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Same place as God

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby insideout » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:56 pm

First time in the UK for a few months.

Way too fussy about surfing in shite these days.

Off to Capetown in 4 days I'll trade shite for sharks and see if that works any better for me.
insideout
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby thechimp » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:12 pm

insideout wrote:
Off to Capetown in 4 days I'll trade shite for sharks and see if that works any better for me.


mmm.....having had one close encounter, here in oz....when you see that fin break the surface and slowly disappear its a strange feeling and one i don't want again, when its clean, offshore, but the water is murky, i wish i was back surfing shite.

ON the plus side, the Kom next wed i see is 5 star, 9'5 ft at 13 sec, but its cold 13 deg at midday.
thechimp
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby insideout » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:00 pm

thechimp wrote:
insideout wrote:
Off to Capetown in 4 days I'll trade shite for sharks and see if that works any better for me.


mmm.....having had one close encounter, here in oz....when you see that fin break the surface and slowly disappear its a strange feeling and one i don't want again, when its clean, offshore, but the water is murky, i wish i was back surfing shite.

ON the plus side, the Kom next wed i see is 5 star, 9'5 ft at 13 sec, but its cold 13 deg at midday.


Not looking forward to my first encounter, will be surfing on clear water days only......

Got the kite with me too should make for a faster getaway......
insideout
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Chris F » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Muizy is pretty low risk, even has shark spotters on the cliffs. And always fairly busy (can be crowded on weekend) so improves your odds! :lol:
Chris F
 
Posts: 7595
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Yabberdabberdeen

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby JayP » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:13 am

Enjoyed a few crappy surfs at Croyde last couple of days.Wasn't as good as I thought it might be and it was rammed but lovely to be in the water again after what feels like ages. Can we have some lined up swell that lasts a few days soon please FFS!
JayP
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:06 am

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby insideout » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:24 pm

Chris F wrote:Muizy is pretty low risk, even has shark spotters on the cliffs. And always fairly busy (can be crowded on weekend) so improves your odds! :lol:


Spent a lot of time driving looking for spots with surfers out, very quiet here. Lots of spots with really good quality waves and no surfers to be seen. Makes me feel a bit edgy about paddling out on my own. Locals have been reassuring though....

Had a few good surfs at Llandudno/Big Bay/Kom... Seems very quiet here spots are never rammed and the SA surfers are way more friendly and inviting than most places I've travelled.

Click for full size:

Image

Image
insideout
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:47 pm

paddle out bit late for the dropping tide
knock a fin out on a rock
go back up the cliff to grab a fin key to fit it back in properly
on the walk back down kick a rock so hard I rip a load of skin off my toe and get blood everywhere
by the time that was sorted out I'd missed the tide entirely.
fucking arse.
Tomdiddlybomb
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Goat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Truly dreadful session today. Tried out Consolacao near Peniche.

Basically a rocky point break, holding 6ft clean swell today.

Entering the sea I got swept off sharp rocks, damaging board and feet. Caught one 5 second ride, before getting h caught in a rip, unable to paddle back out. 30 mins paddling later, a rogue set comes and wipes me out, smashing me and the board on the rocks, 50m down the beach.

Cue a painful scrabble back to safety. What made it worse, is my mates had a belter!

Just one of those wrong place, wrong time, everytime sessions, off the back of no sleep.
User avatar
Goat
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Black » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Crap surf then tripped on a rock and fell flat. Sure my toe is broken. Provided a laugh for the whole beach though!
Never growing old together...
User avatar
Black
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Same place as God

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Philshoz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Goat wrote:Truly dreadful session today. Tried out Consolacao near Peniche.

Basically a rocky point break, holding 6ft clean swell today.

Entering the sea I got swept off sharp rocks, damaging board and feet. Caught one 5 second ride, before getting h caught in a rip, unable to paddle back out. 30 mins paddling later, a rogue set comes and wipes me out, smashing me and the board on the rocks, 50m down the beach.

Cue a painful scrabble back to safety. What made it worse, is my mates had a belter!

Just one of those wrong place, wrong time, everytime sessions, off the back of no sleep.


Should've used the rip to go down to Supertubes Goat.. :idea:
User avatar
Philshoz
 
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 am
Location: Brittany

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Philshoz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Black wrote:Crap surf then tripped on a rock and fell flat. Sure my toe is broken. Provided a laugh for the whole beach though!


OUCH mate.
User avatar
Philshoz
 
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 am
Location: Brittany

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Philchapman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:04 pm

X-ray? To be sure? If you're quick you'll just beat the Saturday night rush!
Shamanarchy in the U.K.
Philchapman
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Black » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Wine and dingtape solves all.
Never growing old together...
User avatar
Black
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Same place as God

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:31 pm

[quote="insideout"]

that left point looks amazing
User avatar
Vince Noir
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: Up North

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:31 pm

insideout wrote:that left point looks amazing
User avatar
Vince Noir
 
Posts: 3695
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: Up North

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby roberdy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:33 am

Vince Noir wrote:
insideout wrote:
that left point looks amazing


Vince, you are shit at doing quotes mate :D
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Leven » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Wobbly, massive, closing out, and to top it all off, 8 paddle boarders turned up and paddled out at once. Shit!
Leven
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 am

Sunday - surfed like a c*nt, in c*ntish waves .................... other than that it was good :evil:
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8902
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Chris F » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:36 am

roberdy wrote:
Vince Noir wrote:
insideout wrote:
that left point looks amazing


Vince, you are shit at doing quotes mate :D


What D said.
Chris F
 
Posts: 7595
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Yabberdabberdeen

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Philshoz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Sunday - surfed like a c*nt, in c*ntish waves .................... other than that it was good :evil:


You and me both J, couldn't buy a decent wave. Rammed with skis and SUPs :roll:
User avatar
Philshoz
 
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 am
Location: Brittany

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am

Philshoz wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:Sunday - surfed like a c*nt, in c*ntish waves .................... other than that it was good :evil:


You and me both J, couldn't buy a decent wave. Rammed with skis and SUPs :roll:


I hurt both hips on the Friday on a wave that had loads of steps in it - so on the Sunday, for some reason, I kept popping up right on the back of my board & wheeling down the waves, slap slapping the board up & down & getting more & more angry. Caught one decent wave in 2 hours :oops:
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8902
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby thechimp » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Lovely spring morning, gentle offshore, looked small but 2' on the sets, would have taken out the longboard but nobody in this morning, maybe due to the 4.5m great white that knocked a 15 year old girl out of her kayak yesterday, just south of this spot, luckily she's ok.
Attachments
img_1899_2.jpg
img_1899_2.jpg (63.88 KiB) Viewed 922 times
thechimp
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Black » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Whatever I was doing in the water tonight, it wasn't surfing. Couldn't do anything right - if you'd seen me you would think it was my first time surfing! :oops:
2 days ago I had a stoke surf - how does that equate?
Never growing old together...
User avatar
Black
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Same place as God

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Black wrote:Whatever I was doing in the water tonight, it wasn't surfing. Couldn't do anything right - if you'd seen me you would think it was my first time surfing! :oops:
2 days ago I had a stoke surf - how does that equate?


Makes the next one better though .................... unless you are on a run :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: worst run I had I started counting up how much all my stuff was worth :lol:
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8902
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Black » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
Black wrote:Whatever I was doing in the water tonight, it wasn't surfing. Couldn't do anything right - if you'd seen me you would think it was my first time surfing! :oops:
2 days ago I had a stoke surf - how does that equate?


Makes the next one better though .................... unless you are on a run :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: worst run I had I started counting up how much all my stuff was worth :lol:
:lol:
Found myself browsing longer boards on the net today!
Got issues with my back, hips and foot plus was first time in gloves & boots - I need the warm summer back.
Never growing old together...
User avatar
Black
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Same place as God

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Leven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:21 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
Black wrote:Whatever I was doing in the water tonight, it wasn't surfing. Couldn't do anything right - if you'd seen me you would think it was my first time surfing! :oops:
2 days ago I had a stoke surf - how does that equate?


Makes the next one better though .................... unless you are on a run :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: worst run I had I started counting up how much all my stuff was worth :lol:



Got as far as writing an eBay add for the lot once!!
Leven
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Leven wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:
Black wrote:Whatever I was doing in the water tonight, it wasn't surfing. Couldn't do anything right - if you'd seen me you would think it was my first time surfing! :oops:
2 days ago I had a stoke surf - how does that equate?


Makes the next one better though .................... unless you are on a run :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: worst run I had I started counting up how much all my stuff was worth :lol:



Got as far as writing an eBay add for the lot once!!


:lol: :lol: ^^ It's funny - then you luck into a nice clean swell & surf like you mean it & all is good again ..................
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8902
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests