Stoke surf today!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Stoke surf today!

Postby Black » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:53 pm

Goat wrote:Last few weekends in UK have been good. Last Sunday was brilliant. Nice to be getting in every week recently, and currently on holiday in Peniche, Portugal.

Been consistent 5ft swell so far, and very fun. I'd forgotten how much more power there is over here! Received a few beatings so far. :wink:
If you get down to Sagres area give me a shout. Here for a couple of weeks.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Goat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Cheers Black, that would be great, but staying up Peniche way I'm afraid. How are the waves down there at the moment?
Goat

Postby Black » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:41 am

Only been in once at low - provided amusement for others. Breaking very shallow, was worried about board snappage.
Black

Postby Goat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Beliche? I remember that being pretty fast and heavy! Tonel Beach nice when it works though.
Goat

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Black wrote:
Goat wrote:Last few weekends in UK have been good. Last Sunday was brilliant. Nice to be getting in every week recently, and currently on holiday in Peniche, Portugal.

Been consistent 5ft swell so far, and very fun. I'd forgotten how much more power there is over here! Received a few beatings so far. :wink:

The Janitor flys out there tomorrow...........wee guy , tats all over legs & arms

First solo surf since on Friday since breaking my ribs. Had a bit of the fear, quite chunky, big seal annoying me then two fork lightning strikes about 3 miles out to sea. Fear set in & I was just getting out as the surfing Janitor arrived. It's amazing what a fresh bucket of sawdust can do. Grew a set and paddled back out. Had a good session apart from being greedy on the inside section over the rocks - made it off the back of the wave, my board didn't.......nasty wee ding on the nose.

Sunday - one good , one bad - big, fast and mixed up on one side , came out after an hour and went onto the cleaner side but it was pretty gutless - couldn't be arsed getting out again.
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby troutlips » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:07 pm

that damn pesky seal, winter waves are on their way.
love talking pish tae fish
troutlips

Postby troutlips » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
Black wrote:

The Janitor flys out there tomorrow...........wee guy , tats all over legs & arms

First solo surf since on Friday since breaking my ribs. Had a bit of the fear, quite chunky, big seal annoying me then two fork lightning strikes about 3 miles out to sea. Fear set in & I was just getting out as the surfing Janitor arrived. It's amazing what a fresh bucket of sawdust can do. Grew a set and paddled back out. Had a good session apart from being greedy on the inside section over the rocks - made it off the back of the wave, my board didn't.......nasty wee ding on the nose.

Sunday - one good , one bad - big, fast and mixed up on one side , came out after an hour and went onto the cleaner side but it was pretty gutless - couldn't be arsed getting out again.
images (6).jpg
images (6).jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 913 times
damn that pesky seal, always at it!!!
love talking pish tae fish
troutlips

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:57 pm

early hungover mission to find a secret right point. Head high, offshore, fast, steep. :-D
and yes I surfed my fish, faaaaaaast board. did one roundhouse that felt wild, so much speed!
stoked
Tomdiddlybomb

Postby Goat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:27 pm

One of the best surfs of my life today.

Glassy, chunky on sets, sun blazing and not a breath of wind. Wave after wave, and a great swan song to the holiday.
Attachments
rsz_2017_1005_13403800-01.jpg
rsz_2017_1005_13403800-01.jpg (87.21 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Goat

Postby Black » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:46 pm

^^^^ Good one down here too.
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am

down the local with Gordo. Good size but not great shape. Riding a shorter board today so doing more stuff on the wave :lol:

Sea Otter came paddling right up to us , looking right at me, then dived underneath me and came up the other side - 1st for the both of us :-)
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 am

Yesterday got a memorable one at a stunning location. Pumping & reeling. Very strong offshore were the only drawback. :-D
Home tomorrow. :-(
Black

Postby Surfy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am

Had a memorable surf on saturday - shoulder to head and above, tried to take off on a few that were closing out and ended up collecting my board on the beach - new faces in a quiet lineup spell trouble though. :?
Surfy

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 am

Surfy wrote:Had a memorable surf on saturday - shoulder to head and above, tried to take off on a few that were closing out and ended up collecting my board on the beach - new faces in a quiet lineup spell trouble though. :?

^^ Loose lips sink ships Gordo - he's had his ticket punched a couple of times but looks like the spots a bust .................... speaking to the Janny we are gonna move down the road a bit where they don't know about.
ATTMFKH

Postby Leedsol » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:01 pm

It's amazing how a spot can surprise u. Just had my best surf in about ten years at an East coast reef in crisp Autumn sunshine. Nowt critical just 5 in and head high lushness. Got my best wave there in many years.

Just saw Danny1 by pure chance at Manchester Piccadilly. Saw a surfboard on the platform and heard his name over the tannoy re lost passport. Mental, not seen him in 6+ years tho my wife did at a party the other week (I was working).

He's still a balcony shitting weirdo!
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Postby Vince Noir » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:24 am

Leedsol wrote:It's amazing how a spot can surprise u. Just had my best surf in about ten years at an East coast reef in crisp Autumn sunshine. Nowt critical just 5 in and head high lushness. Got my best wave there in many years.

Just saw Danny1 by pure chance at Manchester Piccadilly. Saw a surfboard on the platform and heard his name over the tannoy re lost passport. Mental, not seen him in 6+ years tho my wife did at a party the other week (I was working).

glamour reefs or the right.

had a fun surf up here this morning, last pre work surf this year. miss surfing yorkshire :-(
Vince Noir

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:03 am

actually pulled into some sort of tubular thing this morning :shock: nearly made it out too
not bad for a storm session!
Tomdiddlybomb

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:46 am

helped out with a session teaching autistic kids how to surf over the weekend. pretty happy about that.
Vince Noir

Postby danny1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 am

Leedsol wrote:It's amazing how a spot can surprise u. Just had my best surf in about ten years at an East coast reef in crisp Autumn sunshine. Nowt critical just 5 in and head high lushness. Got my best wave there in many years.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby Black » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Big closeouts in Newquay bay got the blood and endorphins pumping. :-)
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:23 pm

wee diddy session down the road on Saturday ..................couple a decent rights to make it a Stoke Surf - only just :evil:
ATTMFKH

Postby danny1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:47 pm

North s a google it nuts last fe david s. Shagged. Stoked.
danny1

Postby briggfoot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:40 pm

danny1 wrote:North s a google it nuts last fe david s. Shagged. Stoked.

Drunk!? :mrgreen:
I've been up Yorkshire way this week, pumped! Been a good few days!
briggfoot

Postby danny1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:02 am

Ha! Autocorrect bollocks .

It's been good.

Where did you get in?
danny1

Postby future primitive » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:14 am

been a bloody frustrating week,knowing it's going off and the tides just out of sink with my shift patterns,managed to get 2 waves on friday at the local right hander before the tide filled it over
future primitive

Postby Leedsol » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Must have missed u blood. I got out about 1130 ^^^
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Postby future primitive » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Leedsol wrote:Must have missed u blood. I got out about 1130 ^^^

About 10 minutes tops,the tide came in like a steam train
future primitive

Postby Black » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Decided I couldn't justify journeying to a far southcoast spot so I braved the howling onshores at Newquay. Was fun, even with a bad back & foot. Finished on a decent one and loving the Surftech Rusty! :shock:
Black

Postby briggfoot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:27 am

danny1 wrote:Ha! Autocorrect bollocks .

It's been good.

Where did you get in?

Hi Danny, all the usual spots where everyone heads, a few points and reefs. Hanging out around Whitby. And had some cracking surfs at Cayton beach too, better quality than Croyde I reckon!
Miut head back up there next week, I'm using up some 'leave' before I start a new job. Have booked flights to Morocco from tomorrow but the forecast out there looks uninspiring so I'm not going!, Would love the money back and head up to Scotland for the next week or so :shock: :lol:
briggfoot

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:59 am

briggfoot wrote:some cracking surfs at Cayton beach too, better quality than Croyde I reckon!

nae chance pal

pumphouse or bunkers ? pumphouse is almost always a closeout. bunkers is hella good when its on though, not quite as good as croyde. cayton can be heavy at times ill give you that.

been fucking nothing in the deen other than the cold
Vince Noir

PreviousNext

Return to General