MSW hospital ward

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

what bits of you body are injured at this moment?

head
4%
eye
2%
ear
4%
nose
2%
neck
10%
shoulder
13%
chest
4%
arm
4%
elbow
4%
wrist
7%
hand
4%
stomach
2%
groin
2%
thigh
1%
knee
11%
calf
4%
anke
7%
foot
7%
internal
2%
stomach bug
6%

Total votes : 281

Re: MSW hospital ward

Postby roberdy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:27 am

Grrr, fucking tinitus, been two months now, every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep, not too loud but is starting to get annoying, hopefully it won't drive me insane...
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Schizo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:04 pm

roberdy wrote:Grrr, fucking tinitus, been two months now, every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep, not too loud but is starting to get annoying, hopefully it won't drive me insane...
go to bed with some music on quitely, then concentrate on the music, next thing you know you'll wake up in the morning
:-( :-) 'Your truth is not my truth; my truth is not yours' :-( :-)
Schizo

Postby Black » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:35 pm

I used to get tinitus and found a faint "swishy" noise would cancel it out, like the sound when you rub your finger & thumb together by your ear. Obviously you can't do that as you're falling asleep but maybe a radio tuned between stations (white noise) at low volume would work?
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Schizo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:02 pm

or in this weather,have a fan running - the first time stayed round the girlfriends i couldn't sleep cos it was so quiet (afterwards) so i got her a little fan for the bedroom :lol:
:-( :-) 'Your truth is not my truth; my truth is not yours' :-( :-)
Schizo

Postby danny1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:42 pm

roberdy wrote:Grrr, fucking tinitus, been two months now, every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep, not too loud but is starting to get annoying, hopefully it won't drive me insane...

stress dude..you got summit big on at wrk?
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby new_tangled » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks squelchy :-)
new_tangled

Postby roberdy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:07 am

danny1 wrote:

stress dude..you got summit big on at wrk?

Not really man, everyone is a bit stressed about where we are going at the moment but I've been through that before without being bothered by it. Might be the noisy cow who sits behind me bleating down the phone all day, she is so loud that you can hear her even with iPod turned waaay up. She has been sent office etiquette emails before and I have actually asked her to keep it down a bit but within two days she is back to her usual bloody loud self. Maybe that is what is stressing me out. That and a lack of waves! Could get that sorted this week though I hope :)

Ach well, am investigating alternate employment options anyway so maybe things will change soon, dunno if it will fix the ringing in my ear though!
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Chris F » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:04 am

Welcome to my world. Have heard getting ears syringed can help, but also heard it can make it worse. And there are loads of quack remedies on the net that guarantee results :roll:
Chris F

Postby Underdog » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm

It's a bugger in't it? Mine really gets brought on by sudden noise.
My Mrs is a bastard for doing that two fingers in the mouth whistle thing (louder than any Bloke i've ever met) as the team runs out when we go to rugby.
I spend the next 3 hrs with whichever ear was nearest to her ringing like fuck.
At least it won't happen this year.................Mounts Bay are dead :-( :-(
Godrevy; Just like surfing. but smaller (and without the power)
Underdog

Postby Chris F » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:49 am

Our smoke alarm at home goes off easily, and it leaves my ears ringing for a few hours.
Chris F

Postby roberdy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:44 am

Chris F wrote:I can't cook for shite and keep setting the smoke alarm off at home, it leaves my ears ringing for a few hours.

So, did you actually bring your stick and wetty to work today gaybar? Reckon you could handle a wave this evening? Although if the wind doesn't come round I might head south down the coast to look for some shelter....
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Chris F » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:53 am

You talking to me spunkmonkey?

Emailed you.
Chris F

Postby Archy_is_God » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:41 pm

....and I thought my back foot bunion was getting a bit weird until I saw Tyler Warren's :lol: :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_z-i9i4F0Xo0/S ... 0-h/bs.jpg
Archy_is_God

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Bit gay but ................ cut the knuckle of my left index finger down to the bone putting a shitey BBQ together cos the missus made an arse of it . Keep knocking it off things and it bleeds like fuck --- pain in the arse. :evil:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby debsnettley » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:55 pm

i have a new one...
was suring in france cupple o weeks ago (in boardies & rashies :-D ) had just paddled out caught a left & didnt kick out properly the leash wrapped around my forearm (tornicate sp)
& hurt like fck, when i surfaced my vein was bulging out like an inch high in two places & pulsing, was like a hulk arm...i thought the best thing to do was hide it & pretend it hadnt happened so stuck it in the water after bout 5 mins when i dared to look the whole vein was like a pulsing blue snake :shock: so hid it again then when i looked again half my arm was blue & had internal bleeding....i thought as i was still alive would be ok to carry on....surfed 3 times like it & it just bled more through out the day...my arm looked like a junkies...the girl i was on holiday with marched me to a doctor but in his room when he told me it would cost 60 euros to look i told him no way....spent all night paranoid bout a blood clot & drove to a & e the next day had to wrap it in alcohol for 5 hrs every day & elevate & not surf (yeah rite...) did make me worry next day wen i surfed....my bf on looking at it when i returned home made me go to a& e & have DVT test & told me i was a twat...which i agree with & now i kick out every bloody time!!! :lol: only just got rid of my gath helmet too am an utter kook & surfed like one tonight at puts...although i blame it on the conditions hey archie? :-)
debsnettley

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:48 am

You'll be writing the book on surf injuries soon Debs.

Anyone know a good way of stopping killer neck rash? Or am I being a pussy :-| Think I'm going to put a band of gaffer tape around my neck next time.

EDIT - why are all my pics supersized! :-(
Poo Stance

Postby Chris F » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:21 pm

I am surfing in my scabby old GUL suit at the momnet, that gives me a nasty neck rash like that, so I always wear a long necked rash vest. Vaseline can help apparently.
Chris F

Postby Archy_is_God » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Poo Stance wrote:Anyone know a good way of stopping killer neck rash? Or am I being a pussy :-| Think I'm going to put a band of gaffer tape around my neck next time.

Vaseline (or KY jelly if you don't want stains on your suit... oo-er missus!)
Archy_is_God

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:21 pm

T'was a brand new suit and a 5hr sesh that grated me so. Maybe I should cut my neck beard 8)

Maybe I'll cut up an old rashie into some sort of neck loop anti-rash gaurd jobbie. Not too keen on wearing a rashie under my suit as they just end up rolling around in there and rashing me up somewhere else.

Why is KY so much better than Vas? Or is that a question for another forum...
Poo Stance

Postby Archy_is_God » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:48 pm

No stains, water-based, very slippery (obviously!)
Archy_is_God

Postby Chris F » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Poo Stance wrote:
Not too keen on wearing a rashie under my suit as they just end up rolling around in there and rashing me up somewhere else.

Never ever had that happen and wear a rashie of one sort or another all the time?
Chris F

Postby ham'n'salad » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:09 pm

outer ear infection :evil: theres dirty water around somewhere...
I have the body of a god...shame its buddah

[url]eoinkeyes.blogspot.com[/url]
ham'n'salad

Postby danny1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:26 pm

i get horrendous neck and arse rashes....prob cos of the feast or famine nature of the east coast i think...

KY is water based and so does not rot the neoprene...

vaseline defo rots neoprene cos i used to put it in my knackers and my arse and it fucked the seal on me winter suits...

the result is you got litttle hoels were your knackers are so they get hit flushed with cold water first...nitemare.
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:46 pm

ive a feeling ky would rub off in the water

man up or get a better neck

failing that, maybe some of the material the flaps of xcel hoods are made of would work ? never really get rashes with those hoods aslong as its on flush to the neck
Vince Noir

Postby Black » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:17 pm

To Poo....
My neck looks like zebra skin but do I care?
I've also got scars on my sides just under my armpits from my old summer suit that used to eat me & they're 9 months old.
The reason you worry is that you are too young and vain to know how bad your body will fail as age takes over when such things become a sign of healthy activity!!!!! :P
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:28 am

danny1 wrote:i get horrendous neck and arse rashes....prob cos of the feast or famine nature of the east coast i think...

KY is water based and so does not rot the neoprene...

vaseline defo rots neoprene cos my boyfriend used to put it in my knackers and my arse before he fucked me & broke the seal on me winter suits...

the result is you got litttle hoels were your knackers are so they get hit flushed with cold water first...nitemare.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby J L » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 am

I get armpit rash so use Vaseline to reduce, and also neck rash now my suit is older.

I also have a bunion type thing on my front foot on the outside that's gets much worse after surfing my log, it feels like I have a fracture in my foot (I have had one before) but I won't admit it hurts to the mrs or she will stop me surfing and make me go to the Dr's (where I will probably catch swine flue) :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Debs, I would give up if I were you :shock: :wink:
J L

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:57 am

Black, dude, I'm 30!
Which is way too old to be saying words like 'dude'.

I got those armpit scars too, they don't hurt anymore so much. Kinda hoping my neck will turn to leather and total sensory deprivation will occur in that region. It just kills so much trying to look over your shoulder when paddling for a monster 1ft close-out. :D
Poo Stance

Postby Chris F » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 am

Maybe you will develop callouses on the back of your neck, and you will look like a tortoise, or Nikki Lauda.
Chris F

Postby Black » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:46 pm

^^^ :lol: :lol:

I've gone and lacerated my foot going in off the rocks at Fistral today. I didn't actually notice until after, getting changed saw the blood on the ground and realised it was mine. Hurts now!

Edit: 30 IS young!!!!!!!! :wink:
Black

PreviousNext

Return to General