New surf and skate shop in Bournemouth....the dogs b*ll*cks!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

New surf and skate shop in Bournemouth....the dogs b*ll*cks!

Postby getonwithit » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Just gotta say it....stumbled across a surfshop in Bournemouth this weekend which has only just opened called BackYards Surf and Skate and it 's the dogs b*ll*cks if you're looking for a new surfboard. Adams, Fluid Juice, Local Hero and heaps more that I can't remember!!!Some sick spray jobs!! Just been on the Adams Surfboard website, I think most those boards are in the shop!! A refreshing change to all imports in every other shop. Good luck lads!
getonwithit

Re: New surf and skate shop in Bournemouth....the dogs b*ll*cks!

Postby Vince Noir » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:32 pm

If you own this shop you'd have been better off just saying it outright

People on here have no problem with you registering and saying " Hi, new to the forum, Just opened a new shop etc "

Making up usernames and then bigging up a shop has been done to death on here

Anyway

Where in Bournemouth is it ?....
Vince Noir

Postby getonwithit » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:40 pm

nothing to do with the shop at all Vince...just thought Id tell people what I saw and that I was impressed!!! My first time on a forum and I get an answer from a grouch like you! Why you so touchy man!!
getonwithit

Postby mal-nourished » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:56 pm

the new shop is run by a good crew and phil has done a good job getting it up and running ...the ydna crew putting on some good nites at the winchester... 8) good luck to the boys.
mal-nourished

Postby Resolver » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 am

sounds pretty sweet.. like it has been asked before, whereabouts in Bournemouth is it? and any good introduction offers?
http://www.GONE-SURFING.com
I used to be you... then I evolved. "Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is"
Resolver

Postby Mt_Sthcoast » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:20 pm

It's where YDNA used to be in the triangle. Was in there on Sat, talking to Phil about boards and the cracking night they'd just put on in the Winchester. After having a whinge about some of the other shops in the area, it was nice to go in and just have a look around and a chat with the guys - even got a free CD out of it plus met the guy who runs Drift boardbags (they will complete my bag eventually!!!)

Phil and Andy are pretty good guys, don't know whether the initial post on here was a blatant promo thing or not. If it was, it wasn't terribly well disguised! :lol: Good luck to 'em tho, and I promise I'll get off my arse and onto the next Winchester night they do. Probably. :D
Mt_Sthcoast

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 pm

getonwithit wrote:nothing to do with the shop at all Vince...just thought Id tell people what I saw and that I was impressed!!! My first time on a forum and I get an answer from a grouch like you! Why you so touchy man!!

Im not being grouchy..nothing against you, I was just pointing out the fact that your first post sounds a bit like a promo.

Nevermind......any idea if they stock Xcel stuff ?...
Vince Noir

Postby Mt_Sthcoast » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Dunno... they've got a ton of West 'suits in tho
Mt_Sthcoast

Re: New surf and skate shop in Bournemouth....the dogs b*ll*

Postby Tricky23 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 am

Hey Guys, just to clarify things. The Backyards Boardroom (opening full time from Sept 2010) is situated BENEATH Snow Togs and has a really large selection of surfboards & made to measure Snugg wetsuits. YDNA Boardriders Surf & Skate shop (open since 2003) is another shop NEXT DOOR to Snow Togs with about 20 surfboards, plus skate hardware and other accessories.
Tricky23

Return to General