Roy Stuart's FP 13 surfboard and the Hawaiian Hikoi

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Chai Wallah » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:46 pm

The only problem with making one of his boards in the UK is that if the board does not perform or feedback is negative, Roy has the perfect get out by saying the board was built incorrectly. We also seriouysly considered this but discounted it as Roy has the perfect get out.

The sad fact is that it is very unlikely that any weeders or others british surfers will ever get to ride one of roys board because he backed out and was happy for a board to sit in various garages in Hawaii for 2 years and surf less than 20 waves, when we had 100's of surfers around the coast of the UK and Ireland ready to try his boards with an open mind.
Chai Wallah

Postby blue_pig » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 pm

fair point Chai - i've shared my go at a parallel profile on here, and roy was happy to help out with building advise and comment on my design at the time on T2S. some msw haters, one or two PM's asking for a go. maybe its time to have another go and either fine tune that one or follow the FP12 plans I have. it'd be cool to try, and with skills i already have, then its just material availability.. the devil in me makes me want to make one just for the hell of it. i don't want to get involved in the arguments of the past that you and mal and roy have had - thats your bag, water under the bridge and all that

in my opinion, oddballs, wierdos and one offs = its all good 8)

now lets see how this olo story unfolds
blue_pig

Postby Chai Wallah » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Quite happy to let sleeping dogs lie, however once bitten twice, shy so would never get involved with hm again unless a firm contract was in place.

However if you get the board built I would love to try it for a few days and would make you adminstrator on the FB group if you wanted it.
Chai Wallah

Postby blue_pig » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:14 pm

:wink:
blue_pig

Postby Turtle1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:51 pm

understand reservations Chai,

Offer is there, however if Blue wants to build his own and share that may be the best option in this case.

Turtle
Turtle1

Postby mal-nourished » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:36 am

turtle and blue pig why build a roy stewart design there is enough board designs out there and wooden board shapers using different models and designs or experiment do a bit of homework on the original olas and interpet what you like from roys and other designs and ways of building materials and experiment theres enough info out there work out how to formulate it and im sure you would turn out something interesting.... 8) to quote from another thread HE IS NOT THE MESSIAH HE IS A VERY NAUGHTY BOY.. :roll:
mal-nourished

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:58 am

Chai Wallah wrote:
Quite happy to let sleeping dogs lie, however once bitten twice, shy so would never get involved with hm again unless a firm contract was in place.

I won't be dealing with you again and have no interest in any 'contract'.

I have no grudge towards you but prefer to deal with people I get along well with.

Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:00 am

mal-nourished wrote:
turtle and blue pig why build a roy stewart design there is enough board designs out there and wooden board shapers using different models and designs or experiment do a bit of homework on the original olas and interpet what you like from roys and other designs and ways of building materials and experiment theres enough info out there work out how to formulate it and im sure you would turn out something interesting.... :roll:

What an excellent idea.

Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 am

Chai Wallah wrote:
The only problem with making one of his boards in the UK is that if the board does not perform or feedback is negative, Roy has the perfect get out by saying the board was built incorrectly. We also seriouysly considered this but discounted it as Roy has the perfect get out.

There you go again treating it like some kind of court case. . . of course the board performs, it's pointless trying to make out that it's in question . . of course it would get negative and positive feedback, and of course I'll reject the negative feedback. . . it's always due to people not riding the board as designed.

Your whole attitude from the start was to treat me as a defendant in a court case, to assume that I'm a liar and a charlatan and to set the whole deal up so that you can take me down if ( and when) any negative comments occur.

I have absolutely no interest in such an enterprise mostly because I already know how the board works, your agenda has no attraction for me and because you and Mal are not the kind of people I choose to deal with.

It's absolutely nothing to do with you.

. . . and by the way I've seen a fair number of boards built ( suposedly ) to my plans and only a couple that looked any good to me. . . most people change the plans a lot, and/or foil and se up fins badly.

Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:10 am

rodent wrote:Roy thats some poo stance you've got, its way worse than mine :lol:

BS to you, standing bolt upright all the time isn't functional.
'
Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:12 am

blue_pig wrote:if it wasn't for the expense of paulownia in the UK I'd have built one - maybe its time to dust off those FP12 plans off, huh?

You'd have to avoid changing everything like you did last time if you want it to resemble an FP 12 at all.

Last time you drastically ychanged the rocker and the planshape, so it's not my design.

Roy Stuart

Postby REO » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:28 am

for someone that 'doesnt care about how people percieve you' you really sound like you do :lol:

:roll:
REO

Postby mal-nourished » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:31 am

as said turtle and blue pig make a board of your own interpration why have roy stewart involved at all he is dead wood and bring bad karma with him imho...worth a thought boys if you do go down the roy route thats your shout..if you have a interest in other route pm me and will help you with linking up with people who have been involved and riding wooden boards and building olas and other equipment for donkey years and without baggage ...open your eyes and mind ... 8)
mal-nourished

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:55 am

Well I suggest that you all take mal's advice and go and do it. . . on another thread please.

This thread is about one specific board, the FP13 which is currently in Hawaii.

If anyone wants advice on building one of my designs then please let me know via PM or email, but I'm not taking part in any project which mal and chai are involved in.
Roy Stuart

Postby kayu » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 am

mal-nourished wrote:whilst your in the msw hood ..the big d...is that granites you posted in the photos in south aussie spent 3 months around there and penong area pretty sharkey so on average at least one big one a week... 8) ..if your still around there worth popping down nr elliston and point avoid bottom of the peninsular safe trip... 8)

Jagged Elliston pipe about 20 yrs ago, on the way back from Cactus....maybe the most sharky place I ever surfed...when you take the jump, your at the mercy of whatever lurkin around....but the wave is epic!~
kayu

Postby mal-nourished » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:19 am

down there arond same time the billabong boys and bunyip exposed the area a little bit round streaky but i loved just driving around looking for waves didnt have the foggiest if the areas i was heading had any waves pre internet and all that..loved the signs at point avoid warning sharks i still went in what really got me was the water temp pretty raw ... 8) ..great area .
mal-nourished

Postby mal-nourished » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:23 am

roy your the kid who takes his bat and ball and takes it home ..time to grow up i think. :roll:
mal-nourished

Postby kayu » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:32 am

mal-nourished wrote:down there arond same time the billabong boys and bunyip exposed the area a little bit round streaky but i loved just driving around looking for waves didnt have the foggiest if the areas i was heading had any waves pre internet and all that..loved the signs at point avoid warning sharks i still went in what really got me was the water temp pretty raw ... 8) ..great area .

yeah , that trip 20yrs ago wont be forgotten,,,1 month in a tent at Cactus ,never smaller than overhead and 4 big days at Caves .....only one day with a large pack of pointers cruisin the whole bay for a few hours.....non-stop party at the sand-hill community hahaha!.. :lol:
kayu

Postby mal-nourished » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:50 am

every surfer should do the pilgrimage to the area..i dreamt about it as a youngster aged 11 living in the maroubra area and seeing reno abeliera surfing down there in a early surf movie. 8) not forgetting this is about roy and his board hows the view from the lanai... :wink:
mal-nourished

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 am

mal-nourished wrote:
roy your the kid who takes his bat and ball and takes it home :roll:

Obviously. .. I'm sure as hell not giving it to you buggers.
Roy Stuart

Postby mal-nourished » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:25 am

thats allright then i will sleep better tonite knowing that... :P its not fit for purpose anyways .. :wink: but its not the boards fault its the first thing you havent blamed ..
mal-nourished

Postby kayu » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:27 am

Rolling Home..classic..Hawaian juice in Sth Aus
kayu

Postby mal-nourished » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 am

you have just answered my prayers been trying to remember the title for 35 yrs ... :-) :-) :-) im off to see the last 10 of the pipe . 8)
mal-nourished

Postby Chai Wallah » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:31 am

Roy Stewart wrote:
Chai Wallah wrote:

I have no grudge towards youbut but prefer to deal with people I get along well with.

Roy letting emotions cloud your decision making ability is the sign of an immature personality.

I have one rule I only deal with people I can trust, liking does not come into it, however you my friend have proved that you cannot be trusted so I would never deal with you and would recommend that others are very cautious.
Chai Wallah

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:02 am

Chai Wallah wrote:
Roy Stewart wrote:
Chai Wallah wrote:

I have no grudge towards youbut but prefer to deal with people I get along well with.

Roy letting emotions cloud your decision making ability is the sign of an immature personality.

It's just a polite way of saying that i don't want to deal with you because you are a scurrilous untrustworthy ignoramus.

My mistake for not being explicit, but it's a perfectly sensible rule actually, why deal with jerks like you ? I don't have to. . . i do business for profit AND pleasure, unlike you corporate drones.

:roll:

I have one rule I only deal with people I can trust, liking does not come into it, however you my friend have proved that you cannot be trusted so I would never deal with you and would recommend that others are very cautious.

1) I am NOT your friend

2) It is you who lied and cheated not me, so f*ck you.

3) I have an excellent record in business, however what you were trying to achieve had nothing to do with business, you were merely a non paying scammer and back stabber. . . and you are still at it.

:-|
Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 am

Bloody lying toads the two of you. . . .. you both need a good old style whipping.

In keeping with my decision not to deal with fraudulent scammers and slanderers like yourselves I'll leave you to it.

Roy Stuart

Re: .

Postby Chai Wallah » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:16 am

Roy slander there mate, showing yourself up again the truth us out there but you might recognise it. You were the one that broke every commitment and in hindsight the way I dealt with the funding issue was 100% correct. We got warned by your countrymen what you were like and their predictions turned out to be almost 100% correct.

I bet you cone back for the last word
Chai Wallah

Postby watourmann » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:58 am

He was showing his arse to his countrymen in like fashion over at Realsurf:
http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18423

Entertaining :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
watourmann

Postby kayu » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:17 am

watourmann wrote:He was showing his arse to his countrymen in like fashion over at Realsurf:
http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18423

Entertaining :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Correction ! Stuart is not Australian..... he is a New Zealander (who claims to be Scottish) :-)
kayu

Postby mal-nourished » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:58 pm

avagoodweekend...dont let the mossies bite. :wink: look out for the mega swell sitting out there somewhere is going to fire my guess is ireland. 8) its purple on the noaa..
mal-nourished

PreviousNext

Return to General