Roy Stuart's FP 13 surfboard and the Hawaiian Hikoi

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Roy Stuart's FP 13 surfboard and the Hawaiian Hikoi

Postby roberdy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:37 am

Roy Stuart wrote:
northswell wrote:
Previous definition of an alcoholic is correct.

Someone who binge drinks occasionally can more acurately be labelled an Alcohol Abuser.

Splitting hairs IMO it's all the same to me but let's just say that roberdy is an alcohol abuser then shall we ?

Roy, only one warning, stop posting anything on this forum about my relationship with alcohol, it has nothing to do with you and falls into the category of personal attacks.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 am

Only if you stop posting when drunk and then telling us about it and your binge drinking afterwards, and only if you stop your personal attacks and all personal attacks made by others as well.

Deal ?

Funny how you have no problem with the endless personal attacks made against me including many of your own, but come over all PC when you have your own behaviour quoted back at you.

Hypocritical. . ..
Roy Stuart

Postby kookie-monster » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 am

[quote kayu wrote

There is nothing more annoying than a tea-totler....if you are unable to have a few drinks with your mates when you want to , it means you have no mates ! If all the gay tea-totlers want to pussy around and compare each others tea-pots , just stay well clear of me thanks.....fricken pack of pansies !
[/quote]

What a stupid comment! I've met plenty of tea-totalers who are twice the man you could ever hope to be. If you are just having a dig at Roy,as usual, then direct your insults his way, your sweeping judgement of non-drinkers is as pathetic as Roy's labelling all who have a drink as alcoholics. :roll:
kookie-monster

Postby kayu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 am

Comment stands Kookie ( :-) )...I know plenty of non-drinkers for whom I have the utmost respect.....I can't take whinging non-drinking preachers , who jump to stupid accusations of alcaholism because someone has a few drinks !!!!......GOT IT ? !!!!!!!!.....and concerning the "creeping Jesus" , he just reaps what he sows and always will.. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by kayu on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
kayu

Postby kayu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 am

Hey Bartender !!!!......another round thanks !!!!... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kayu

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 am

Well anyway did I post this picture yet ?

Roy Stuart

Postby roberdy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:51 am

Roy Stuart wrote:Only if you stop posting when drunk and then telling us about it and your binge drinking afterwards, and only if you stop your personal attacks and all personal attacks made by others as well.

Deal ?

Funny how you have no problem with the endless personal attacks made against me including many of your own, but come over all PC when you have your own behaviour quoted back at you.

Hypocritical. . ..

I have never suggested that you present addict behavioural traits Roy, ever, obsessive maybe but not those of an addict. Not sure you have ever posted anything positive as a response to anything I have ever said whereas I have often appreciated your craftsmanship.

You open yourself to personal attack through your web presence and online demeanour. I make occasional comments intended to try to get you to answer an actual question and your response is to suggest that I am an addict? Do you understand the implications of that? Have you ever worked with addicts? have you ever been one? You know fuck all about me or my behaviour, the attacks from the wider forum members on you are based on the behaviour you present, I do not present as an alcoholic therefore you have no basis to call me one.

Again, you avoid my original question by being rude and offensive and suggesting I am something I am not.
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:04 am

:roll: Shut up you slavering booze-bag :lol: :lol:

Tell you what though - Roy Stoooort can make a thread run & run ........... driftwood for the marketing intelligentsia 8)
ATTMFKH

Postby roberdy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 pm

ATTMFKH wrote::roll: Shut up you slavering booze-bag :lol: :lol:

Tell you what though - Roy Stoooort can make a thread run & run ........... driftwood for the marketing intelligentsia 8)

Pot calling kettle, come in kettle :) See from you it is fine, understood to be banter, when delivered by Roy though it always has a much more malicious nature and undertone which is what I take issue with.
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby kookie-monster » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:20 pm

kayu »
Comment stands KOOK...I know plenty of non-drinkers for whom I have the utmost respect.....I can't take whinging non-drinking preachers , who jump to stupid accusations of alcaholism because someone has a few drinks !!!!......GOT IT ? !!!!!!!!.....and concerning the "creeping Jesus" , he just reaps what he sows and always will..

Oh no scary internet warrior called me a KOOK, best leg it :oops:

Yes, Kayu, I do GET IT!!!!
I can't stand whinging non-drinkers myself, but also can't stand macho heros who think because they drink they are hard men, opposite sides of the same coin etc etc.

I do enjoy a drink myself, in fact loved the single malt thread a while back and really can't give a toss if that makes me an alkie, abuser or a pansie. I do agree that Roy reaps exactly as he sows but you seem to be a main provider of that sowing across several forums, just wondering if there is history there.
kookie-monster

Postby REO » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:46 pm

;O)[/quote]

Spoken like a true channel beacon.

.[/quote]

great come back :roll: I rest my case...
REO

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Oh no!... he's turned us on ourselves now. :lol:

You're right Kookie,.. deep breath and move on. It's just so hard when someone is so smug that you just want to bitch slap them, and when that option isn't there well... the keyboard warrior in me comes out. :-(

Back on topic then... when we gonna see the next footage of the behemoth effortlessly making impossible sections inside caverns of death & destruction? Any sequence shots on offer?
Poo Stance

Postby kayu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:08 pm

kookie-monster wrote:
kayu »
Comment stands KOOK...I know plenty of non-drinkers for whom I have the utmost respect.....I can't take whinging non-drinking preachers , who jump to stupid accusations of alcaholism because someone has a few drinks !!!!......GOT IT ? !!!!!!!!.....and concerning the "creeping Jesus" , he just reaps what he sows and always will..

Oh no scary internet warrior called me a KOOK, best leg it :oops:

Yes, Kayu, I do GET IT!!!!
I can't stand whinging non-drinkers myself, but also can't stand macho heros who think because they drink they are hard men, opposite sides of the same coin etc etc.

I do enjoy a drink myself, in fact loved the single malt thread a while back and really can't give a toss if that makes me an alkie, abuser or a pansie. I do agree that Roy reaps exactly as he sows but you seem to be a main provider of that sowing across several forums, just wondering if there is history there.

haha!...I mentioned something about having a drink on another forum and that peanut Styooit started crappin on about me being alcoholic !!!... been there done that......call it history if you like....until the "creepin Jesus" aims up, he's little more than forum entertainment with squat credibility as a surfer or a boardmaker....I am a believer in freedom of choice , so you can take him however you want..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....he can be entertaining , but it's all just spam... :lol:.....Ive made wooden boards for Hawaii (including Pipe) since mid 90's , so maybe he's jealous and doesnt like me.... :lol:
kayu

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 pm

^^ Start a thread fella, show us some of your sticks and pics. Don't mean that confrontationally, but I'm sure everyone would appreciate any such quality input like that. Please? 8) Anything to get away from these petty squabbles.
Poo Stance

Postby Ferral » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm

agree with poo stance, if all you got to say is drivelly insults dont say it and lets see some new pictures of the board in solid hawaiian waves when it happens. till then both sides should leave well alone. most RS threads end up boring and repetitive.
Ferral

Postby kookie-monster » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 pm

What Poo said!
Some of the wood boards that have been shown on this forum of late(Blue Pig etc) have looked fantastic, would like to see more.
kookie-monster

Postby Back to Top » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:Well anyway did I post this picture yet ?

Me and the missus also go for walks and pick up interesting bits of drift wood that has been washed up, but to be fair i have never seen a piece that big before?! :twisted: :lol:

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Well I'm sure we'd all like to see some of Kayu's work, on another thread.

What's been happening here is that I've shown up to post innocuous updates ( the most recent being on the 14th of Feb pg7 after two weeks absence having ignored posts which were insulting to my family ) and have then immediately been trolled by the usual pack of haters, I can handle it but it seems that they can't handle it when I defend myself.

If you don't like me defending myself against the attacks, stay off my thread or refrain from posting defamatory remarks and personal attacks. I am a very polite person unless attacked, so mind your manners, stay on the topic, and you'll be fine.

Roy Stuart

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:08 pm

would that be the stuarts or the stewarts when you refer to family ...you have double standards roy. :roll:
mal-nourished

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Back on the topic here's a ride report from Mr X' in Hawaii:

http://olosurfer-woodensurfboardsatpipeline.blogspot.com/2011/03/13-footer-hikoi-ride-report-from-mr-x.html

"Roy, The board was very interesting to say the least. It felt alive in the water with all of the twang that wood produces. Caught waves effortlessly ...and took the drops with ease. I surfed the waves as long as possibly could. Would be nice at a Mexican point break."

Roy Stuart

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:21 pm

the mysterious MR.X.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
simpson-mr-x.jpg
simpson-mr-x.jpg (8.71 KiB) Viewed 156 times
mal-nourished

Postby DrJive » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Who the fucks Mr X you crazy old bastard?

Are people so ashamed to ride your board they refuse to be named?

Or did he kill or maim a child on the way out when he lost control and is now on the run?

Oh no wait it will be the Hawaiian Mafia again :roll:
DrJive

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:29 pm

In line with Roberdy's request please refrain from making abusive comments Dr Jive.

To answer your question it is indeed the Hawaiian mafia who are responsible for Mr X's choice not to use his legal name.

Roy Stuart

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 pm

time to get in....
Attachments
hawaiifiveo.jpg
hawaiifiveo.jpg (122.17 KiB) Viewed 149 times
mal-nourished

Postby DrJive » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:40 pm

You are fucking bonkers though Royston :lol:
DrJive

Postby rodent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Err!... Why is the guy in one photo in shorties and the other one in a wetsuit :shock:

Kinda confused :-D
rodent

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:58 pm

ones on the north shore and the other one is new zealand both old photos...
mal-nourished

Postby rodent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 pm

So that's not mister x than :x
rodent

Postby Chai Wallah » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 pm

and the Kiwi one Roy is not supposed to use, a certain kiwi artist and former Roy supporter will be very annoyed if she ever sees this image being used again
Chai Wallah

Postby rodent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:23 pm

So the mr x is now a misses x :x
rodent

PreviousNext

Return to General