Roy Stuart's FP 13 surfboard and the Hawaiian Hikoi

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Well it's all true, if you ever get over your breathless admiration of all things disney let us know.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 pm

REO wrote:
'It is because I say it is'



Not an argument i've ever used.

I'm merely reporting the truth, which is because it is, regardless of whether I say so or not.

.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby REO » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:12 pm

I can fly with the magic Jumper I just knitted, I cant say much else in case the local mafioso pop a cap in my ass...


not to far from what you have written... and yet you act supprised with the comments you get?.... go figure? :roll: :lol:
User avatar
REO
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:01 pm
Location: Bantham

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby REO » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Roy Stewart wrote:
REO wrote:
'It is because I say it is'



Not an argument i've ever used.

I'm merely reporting the truth, which is because it is, regardless of whether I say so or not.

.



my point to a 'tee' It is just you saying it! dumbass :roll:
User avatar
REO
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:01 pm
Location: Bantham

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 pm

REO wrote:
I can fly with the magic Jumper I just knitted, I cant say much else in case the local mafioso pop a cap in my ass...


not to far from what you have written... and yet you act supprised with the comments you get?.... go figure? :roll: :lol:



I don't act surprised nor am I surprised, I know you lot well enough by now.

Your comment does not resemble anything I've written in any relevant way.

.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:18 pm

REO wrote:
Roy Stewart wrote:
REO wrote:
'It is because I say it is'



Not an argument i've ever used.

I'm merely reporting the truth, which is because it is, regardless of whether I say so or not.

.



my point to a 'tee' It is just you saying it! dumbass :roll:



Your point being ?

Perhaps you think that nothing in the world has happened unless a committee says that it has. . . if so you should realise that many things happen without youtube coverage, mainstream news coverage or other public group validation or approval.

You guys really have a very childish view of the surfing world.

.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby mal-nourished » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 pm

the only truth being you have a board in the best area in the world sat not doing anything...kinda funny really. :lol: :lol:
mal-nourished
 
Posts: 5282
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:21 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby REO » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:49 pm

You guys really have a very childish view of the surfing world.

because you say we do? everyone's got an opinion which is great ..

but your claims of surfboard grandeur were never asked for, so coming on here claming such great feats without backing them up.. gets peoples backs up and makes you look a little asinine.
I would love to see your board being ridden well in huge waves and the rider get out and rave about how much better it is than more commonly used equipment, but only seen evidence that shows it looking really really bad and hard to turn.


:wink:
User avatar
REO
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:01 pm
Location: Bantham

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:44 pm

@ Reo

Image

We've only ever seen pics / videos of your boards being ridden in pretty lame 2ft beachies ..........
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 7926
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 pm

REO wrote:
but only seen evidence that shows it looking really really bad and hard to turn.


:wink:


In fact the only video I've posted of the board being ridden by mself shows that it is really good and easy to turn.

There's plenty of video of incmpetent riders on it, but that's not the board's fault.

.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:@ Reo


We've only ever seen pics / videos of your boards being ridden in pretty lame 2ft beachies ..........



Incorrect.

.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:55 pm

mal-nourished wrote:
the only truth being you have a board in the best area in the world sat not doing anything...kinda funny really. :lol: :lol:



Laugh while you can, it's good for your health.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Chai Wallah » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:00 am

As an intelligent man Roy, you should now that independant peer review is important when presenting new theories / models etc. As of now we do not have any, do we?

All we have are your views that these boards are the greatest thing since Simon Anderson plagarised the thruster.

Where is the proof??
Chai Wallah
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:26 pm
Location: UK

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:07 am

ha ha ha will be laughing even harder when you value your 17ft at $1000000....personally i think you should go to the drawing board and start again these boards are limited in there use that has been proven.. 8)
mal-nourished
 
Posts: 5282
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:21 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:12 am

Roy Stewart wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:@ Reo


We've only ever seen pics / videos of your boards being ridden in pretty lame 2ft beachies ..........



Incorrect.

.


OK RobRoyston ..... do me a favour and post some links to some video footage of one of the surfing intelligensia charging with one of your mighty 'oaks' ................ as I said before Roy - I admire your carpentry skills , real work of art, but until you can back up your extravagant claims with some video footage then the jury wil always be hostile :-)
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 7926
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 am

Chai Wallah when hiring pro surfers one gets what one pays for.

I'm patient and do what I can, in the meantime it doesn't matter greatly to me what you think.

.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby rodent » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:17 am

Are you saying you need to be a pro to manage to turn that heap...

Roy you need to do way better than that, footage of anyone else surfing it but you will do
rodent
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 pm

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:24 am

you didnt hire a pro surfer so what the hells that got to do with it unless your trying to imply the board was intentionally surfed badly as no money was on the table ... :? you make it up as you go along.
mal-nourished
 
Posts: 5282
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:21 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:10 am

mal-nourished wrote:
you didnt hire a pro surfer so what the hells that got to do with it unless your trying to imply the board was intentionally surfed badly as no money was on the table ... :? you make it up as you go along.



It's got plenty to do with it.

For any surfer ( pro or not ) to ride the board competently it takes some practice to dial in to it, the riding position is different from what most surfers are used to and as with any new design it takes some practice.

The total number of waves ridden by Randy was 6, the total number where he managed to stay on the board was two. He didn't take the time to get to know the board and was clearly not competent at it after 6 short waves.

Garrett rode only about a dozen waves on three seperate occasions over a two year period. That is insufficient, and as the results showed he hadn't even managed to get into the riding position instead he was hanging way back on the tail as if it were one of his regular boards. Garrett admitted himself that he was probably not riding the board properly and was standing much too far back.

Now if i'd hired a pro the situation would be different as they'd be getting hundreds of waves and would soon get the board wired.

I can't expect a pro surfer to dedicate himself to riding my board for free, it's not really fair.

In spite of this many people assume that pro surfers are some kind of all knowing gods who only need one wave to suss out a board and whose words are always correct. that's not the case.

In my opinion Garrett meant well but didn't do the deed, whereas Randy did a deliberate hatchet job.

If I applied as much money to the production of FP13's and the hiring of pros and photographers as the surf industry has to the promotion of thrusters, quads, or SUP's over the past decade you'd be seeing some wonderful surfing and the true qualities of the design. Until sufficient money is applied to the situation you'll be likely to continue to see what you see now and to think what you think now. As Bruce Lee said I don't presume to know the outcome of the engagement, I just do what I do and take it as it comes.

.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:42 am

so its everyone elses fault again funny how history repeats itself...sorry but your board doesnt do it in proper waves and putting it down to the riders is petulant.. 8) still waikiki should suit it if you have someone stupid enough to believe your fairystories how the board is the best thing to be riding ..not from where im standing [or am i in the wrong spot... :roll: ] sorry roy but massive FAIL...
mal-nourished
 
Posts: 5282
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:21 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:17 am

mal-nourished wrote:
so its everyone elses fault again funny how history repeats itself...sorry but your board doesnt do it in proper waves and putting it down to the riders is petulant..



Incorrect and I look forward to the crunching noises which will occur if you are still alive when proven wrong !

Given a rider who understands how to ride it the board is like a wolf among the sheep.

You stick to your guns and bang on about your version of history, I'll stick to mine and look forward to what happens in the future. . .the outcome will become apparent.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby REO » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 am

I love the fact you state that you do not care about what others think and still flood forums with endless drivel which must take valuable time away from your creations! Not many if any like the way your board appears to surf on here, pretty much all admire your skills in manufacture... so if you do care (which I suspect you do secretly :lol: ) then a video of it 'performing' would be fantastic! You have been around a while on them there must be some 'good' footage somewhere...

just to note the video of you riding your boards looks lame I am affraid to say..(I am sure you were having a nice time) but that doesn't cut it when you claim your boards turn well etc... maybe you think that it does which is great its just that NO ONE ELSE can see the things your seeing!


Have you seen the film shallow Hal? maybe someone has cast a spell over you! :lol:
User avatar
REO
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:01 pm
Location: Bantham

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:52 am

In fact the videos show the boards performing very well, mostly in conditions which the conventional boards couldn't ride at all.

You have been trained to interpret what you see a certain limited way, some people however have broken away from those brainwashed constraints.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Chris F » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 am

So no-one but a pro surfer is going to ever be able to surf your boards properly? And even a pro surfer will need a lot of time to be able to dial into your board? But you don't want to pay a pro surfer for his time to prove that your boards can actually be ridden as well as you say they can be ridden?

So you have a convenient catch 22 which means one of your boards will never be ridden well? Bet the order book is filling up.

At least your other boards are selling well

http://loose-fit.co.uk/surfboards/catalogue/roy-stewart.html
Chris F
 
Posts: 6879
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Yabberdabberdeen

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby tootes » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 am

Chris F wrote:So no-one but a pro surfer is going to ever be able to surf your boards properly? And even a pro surfer will need a lot of time to be able to dial into your board? But you don't want to pay a pro surfer for his time to prove that your boards can actually be ridden as well as you say they can be ridden?

So you have a convenient catch 22 which means one of your boards will never be ridden well? Bet the order book is filling up.

At least your other boards are selling well

http://loose-fit.co.uk/surfboards/catalogue/roy-stewart.html



does the 7 footer have a fin? I have been close to buying it a couple of times to take to the east coast and lend out to firends etc for a laugh.. Don't really have £250 going spare though.
User avatar
tootes
 
Posts: 3640
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:20 pm
Location: East Lothian

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby bunker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 am

Roy = abuses world-class shapers, jumps on their bandwagons = fool
bunker
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:54 pm

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Chris F wrote:
So no-one but a pro surfer is going to ever be able to surf your boards properly?



No I have never suggested any such thing and have lots of great feedback from non pro surfers


And even a pro surfer will need a lot of time to be able to dial into your board?



No, time doesn't dial anyone one, it is waves which are required, session or three does the job.



So you have a convenient catch 22 which means one of your boards will never be ridden well?



Nonsense!

.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby danny1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:46 pm

shame it never come to the UK. lots od people would have loved to ride it. inc me.
danny1
 
Posts: 8731
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: northeast

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 pm

one of the reasons it didnt was roy wanted it to arrive in a blaze of glory after hawaii.... :oops: :oops: so wanted to delay for a year after we had spent 8mths setting things up but lets not go there ey.. :evil:
mal-nourished
 
Posts: 5282
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:21 am

Re: Olo hikoi continues...

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Incorrect.
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests