C'mon... introduce yerself

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

C'mon... introduce yerself

Postby swordie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:17 pm

Just thought what with new members turning up daily it might be a good idea for them to say hello here, and give a quick run down of who they are, what they do, how long surfing, sexual preferences and fetishes [for Dove's *research* :wink: ]

you know ....the usual.

So I note the newest member is the Boy Blunder......... so c'mon down BB and say Hi!

Editing because so many regulars are [re] introducing themselves:

Me: 40 something and a lot. been surfing since 73 [yes 1973]...... probably the oldest here, with SurfGuru..... surfed everything board wise from 7' guns, thru 6' twinny's, kneelos, boogers [no success there :roll: ], long boards [both 'modern' and ancient] to thrusters [hate them] and now in my dotage.....surfmats.

Current quiver: 9'3" Hobie. 7' s/f gun [wallhanger] 5'7" kneelo, and the aforementioned surf mat. Also a paddleboard [12'6"] and when fit I sail a 17' catamaran and a 27' Yacht

was out of surfing for 10 years whilst I tried to have a responsible relationship, heart attack and separation.. you know 'getting on in life'. Now back surfing [apart from the odd hiccup] and single and loving it.... it's the way my life should always have been.

Probably the longest here, apart from Ben, Rez and a couple others.

sexual preferences......I prefer having sex, to not having sex
Last edited by swordie on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I excell at not giving a shit

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com/
swordie

Postby adam lincoln » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:22 am

Well, ive not posted much, and cant remember ever introducing myself formally!

Well, i live in London for my sins and work in IT. Used to live in Cornwall, and have surfed for 8 years. I get to North Devon most weekends, and that includes in winter!
adam lincoln

Postby kendonaga » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:10 am

Name: Chris Kendall
Lives: York, England
Surf: East coast. Around scarboro'. Mainly Cayton bay.
Surf or bodyboard etc: Both. I'm doing both now depending on what the waves are like.
Board used: Mason Rose 42.5 & Science MS7. I can't really remember lengths of me shortboard though, it's about 6'9 though or summat.

Any questions just ask :) . Feel free to email me or add me to MSN as well :) .
kendonaga

Postby beyond » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:02 am

i guess i never introduced myself either.

Live Milford, Auckland, NZ
surf :bodyboard and learning to surf on a Surfline 9'6 longboard.
Into snowboarding, mountainbiking and out of the ordinary travel. Knowe Crystal voyager reasonably well, and a couple others off here. Surf mainly easy coast with odd trips to west. Surfed in Uk before and Morocco. Got a brother in London, so do trips up your way quite often.
:)
take the long way round
beyond

Postby Back to Top » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:54 am

Matt Harris, 35yo, been surfing for around 15 years. Live in Tiverton, Devon, always up around the north coast, either in me golf or a mates VW van. Work for a major textile manufacturing firm.

Only stand up, ride a 7'8" Nev Minimal and a peachy new 6' 10" Rusty Fish. You can tell it's me cos I'll be the one flailling like a loon.

Currently divorcing with 2 kids, inside leg 31", like sex with wimmin, and dress on the right.

Enough info?
:oops:
Matt

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:01 am

Ah suppose for all the new faces....

Toby Edwards born somerset/Devon boarder.. Really right on the boarder :p spent the majority of my life surfing North Devon orignally stand up then finally saw the light when I was 12ish and took up b00gin.
22 now and after 3 years at Bangor Uni North Wales I'm spending another year up there whilst 'Ejay' my partner finishes hers (don't have to pay counsil tax ;) )

Love the sponge love Ceriad...
With 73% of the planet under water perhaps Earth should be re-named Ocean
PapaWoolacombe

im new

Postby bdj » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:51 am

NAME: dale
YEARS BODYABOARDING: 1
im a sponger and proud of it all though i am starting surfing, currently looking for a board but on a budget, 15 years old, straight and i board cayton bay as it is closest to hull.
:evil: need to move to a coast though
Last edited by bdj on Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bdj

Postby daver » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:06 am

Hi there, been on here for a while but tend to be a bit of a lurker(?)

I'm 29, originally from Skegness, lived lots of places (Scarborough, southampton, Basingstoke(?), Halifax, Manchester, Telford, Aberdeen) and now York.
I work in IT (contractor - hence the many loccations!) and have just come back from traveling in Costa Rica.

Been surfing for 11 years, I guess with average ability. I currently ride a 6'6" Fluid Concept Fish. Usually surf Scarborough although Skeg does get decent uncrowded waves (sometimes...)

Currently sat here in the office falling asleep and thinking of ways in I can avoid working again. maybe I could be profesional invalid or something
Last edited by daver on Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
daver

Postby Grizzly » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:08 am

Hullo, I guess I count as a regular, but I'm in Aberystwyth, I ride a 9'6 and whatever else I can rob off my mates.

So who's the longest serving regular around these days (not counting Ben) ? Swordie and Rez were both here before me...
Gorau dial, dangos cwm a'i ffadau.
http://singlefin.blogspot.com
Grizzly

Postby Mt_Sthcoast » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:13 am

Well, if we're all doing it...

Name: Matt
Started learning about a year and a half ago in Brazil and bought my first board as soon as I got back to the uk in March last year... still loving it (although it will be even more fun when I get to know more people at my local break)
Generally go out around Boscombe area, although I think I'll be broadening my surfing horizons quickly as I get better/fitter in the winter.

If anyone in the area fancies a pint anytime, drop me a line whydontya.

There ya go. That's me. :D
Mt_Sthcoast

Postby noah's_arc » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:31 am

This is going to run and run :wink:

So much for a thread for new members - it's been hijacked!!! In for a penny...

Name: James
Surfing for about 7 or 8 years, originally at Tynemouth/Northumberland but have travelled around a bit (Indo, Oz, Hawaii, Morocco, Portugal, most surfable coasts in uk etc). Living in Berkshire at the minute :shock:

Currently decommissioning nuclear facilities for a living.
noah's_arc

Postby lilchambers » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:03 pm

Name: Zoe
Iv been surfing for 4years started off in pembrokeshire but am currently an aberystwyth gal!

but well iv been a member of msw for some time but just stay in the shadows....
"Dark grows the sun and after summer soon come the mighty storms"
lilchambers

Postby exsocal » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:47 pm

Hi,

I think I might even be the second newest member here.

Name's Marco. Lived in Southern California, Huntington Beach and Santa Monica. Surfing for the last 5 years - Socal only. Moved to Munich in April and miss the ocean quite a bit.

Boards include a Point Blanks 9'0" Epoxy - dubbed Autobahn for its speed. And a Stewart 9'8". Brought that tank with me.

End of next week I'll (hopefully) get my wave-fix in Hossegor!
CAN'T WAIT.

Found MSW by near-accident. Excellent surf reports and entertaining message board.

Aloh'a,
Marco
exsocal

Postby Dove » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:59 pm

Well if everyone else is playing i don't want to be left out:

I'm CJ ( Cerys Jonquil) no mocking ok my folks were insane quite clearly!

Have a 4 year old daughter Eleanor ( aka devil child)

Been surfing on and off for about 10 years i guess.

Self-employed writer of erotic literature, and i write and illustrate children's books too.

I should put professional poster on MSW too cos i'm always about unlike Lil. Wonder if that comes with benefits? :roll: Dental perhaps?
Dove

Postby Grizzly » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:01 pm

Dove wrote: Dental perhaps?

Mental, more like :D
Gorau dial, dangos cwm a'i ffadau.
http://singlefin.blogspot.com
Grizzly

Postby swordie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:08 pm

Grizzly wrote:Hullo, I guess I count as a regular, but I'm in Aberystwyth, I ride a 9'6 and whatever else I can rob off my mates.

So who's the longest serving regular around these days (not counting Ben) ? Swordie and Rez were both here before me...

well I did the anorak thing, and the first recognisable name that came up [apart from Ben], who is still around was Ross [2002], Rez, SurfGuruNorth [as he was then] and then Adam Lincoln [in 2003]..... who has taken it till now to say hi ! :shock: I arrived on 20th August 2003, according to my first post: what to do when it's flat which precipitated the great jetski argument of that year...........
Last edited by swordie on Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I excell at not giving a shit

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com/
swordie

Postby future » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:10 pm

Tim, aged 31 and surfing since 1988. Surf Merrick 6 6 , Warner fish and soon a new westbay 6 4. Would say I'm a regular as Swordie Rez and Grizz seemed to be the core regular contribs when I joined. Surf North of Ireland, mostly but did indo Africa and Oz when a lot younger. Still crap mind.
future

Postby MattH » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:23 pm

Hi

Names Matt, im 27 been surfing on and off for a couple of years but have been getting more into it this year. Local break is Boscombe but go on regular day trips to north devon. Sometimes take the sponge out but mainly stand up.

If anyone in the area fancies a pint anytime, drop me a line whydontya.

Matt, im up for a pint sometime, aaahhhhh beer :)
MattH

Postby skysareblue » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:26 pm

Hi,
been hanging around for a while now.
Name:Jason
Born: England
Live: Rio, Brasil.
Ride. 6.4,6.6 and mini mal made by local shapers.
Anyone coming out my way let me know so I can show you the best spots.
skysareblue

Postby Garthy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:11 pm

I'll be one of the heard too!!!

Name: Gareth Roberts
Lives: Barnstaple, Devon (aka Devon's greatest car park!)
Surf: Urm All over North Devon and sometimes into Cornwall, though at the moment its opposite Marine Drive at Wooly.
Surf or Sponge: I do both depending on the conditions. Though I am a better sponger than stand up at the moment.

Also play around with kites, dirtsurfers, mtbs, beer and women :wink: Not all at the same time though!
Excellent!
Garthy

Postby munkee » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:46 pm

Hi,

Well, My names Mike, an am 24yrs old! I've been surfing just over a year, but due to living in Gloucestershire don't get to surf as much as i would like so very much a begginer. I surf in north Devon when i do but am planning on adventuring Wales soon. I ride a 7'6 NSP (I know, what was i thinking) but not sure whether to go long or short when i feel ready to progress.
munkee

Postby Oggi » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:30 pm

Me names oggi im 30 livin in portpatrick sw scotland soon to be newton stewart sw scotland orig from Burnley lived in blackpool for 5 years, been surfing for 2 years in the north channel area near stranraer still crap coz it never gets good here, surf a 9'6" tsunami longboard coz im 16 stone of fat becausemy 18 month daughter drives me to my other hobby of drinking. Own a sandwich shop ( again why im fat) in Newton stewart and do a bit of window cleaning.

Aims in life are to be 14 stone live in fuerteventura own a range rover and a fleet of camper vans and beetles and for my daughter to be the next big thing in surfing, not askin for much realy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Oggi

Postby skeg » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:13 pm

me i'm skeg here also known as luffers

a drunken late night twaddle talkin interneter

been surfing for about 15 years and still a kook :wink:

long board mostly but have been making my own boards which are short boards , not that that makes any sense still they have turned out ok. making some fins at the mo.

only surf for my own enjoyment dion't give a crap about how good i am others are or any of the bullshit

lived an hour away from the surf till a year ago now can walk from my house to my local break whiuch i'm lovin

stated posting on a1 a couplre of years ago but kept getting barred banned ect. so knocked up a forum to live on fluffy - surf frequented by a dozen or so fluf-core locals , but post on here during it's queit times
skeg

Postby k mac » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:26 pm

newest registerd user Cheezee !!! what up bro' 8)
k mac

Postby Ross » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:51 pm

Didnt realise that id been on here for that long swordie so better fill in the gaps

Name - Ross McGregor
Location - Campbeltown Scotland
Age - 34
Surfin - since about 93ish
Boards - 7'4 custard point mini mal, 6'8 Gulfstream retro rocket, and the gem 6'3 down the line fish
Occupation - Chief Petty Officer Royal Navy

Generaly surf the west coast of Scotland but due to job end up down south now and again, normally surf around Bournmouth peir during the week and Sennen at the weekend.
Ross

Postby ianl1201 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:50 pm

Ok...not done this in a formal way although have rambled on in a few of me posts but so everyone knows...

Name - Ian
Age - 35
Live- Currently Cruden Bay, about 23 miles north of Aberdeen but born in the Vegas of the North - lovely Blackpool. Ended up here via Preston, Notts and Derby.
Work - Aircraft Engineering

Been surfing for about 6 month now so very much a late comer and beginner but immediately realised I should have tried it years ago. I've got a 7'9 Minimal which I bought after me mate insisted I give surfing a go when me and t'wife bought a place by t'sea...and I loved it.

Same pal put me onto MSW and now it helps me through the duller moments at work most days. Good forecasts and friendly forum!

Also into me motorcycles, eating food, drinking lovely beer and walking our two mutts on the beach.
Frrrrrrrrying Tonight!!!!!
ianl1201

Postby k mac » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:08 pm

k mac ...hi :wink:
k mac

Postby briggzy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:15 pm

briggzy aka adam briggs
born and bread in guernsey
only really started sufing this summer so im still a total noob
riding a 9'4 bilbo (yes it is about 30 years old) and a 6'6 nigel semmens
anything else you want to know just ask
http://briggzy.bounceme.net

why can't we be friends
briggzy

Postby ianl1201 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:17 pm

'owdo lad!
Frrrrrrrrying Tonight!!!!!
ianl1201

Postby kfish2oo2 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:44 pm

hi, names Fish or in Lahinch im known as Monkey Boy, due to my old bad habbit of bending at the waist (making me look like a Monkey!) and after the fact that wen i was a wee lad (2yrs ago :P ) i used to backflip off me foamey into the flat waters between sets. I live in Eire.
i been surfing for 2 yrs and have surfed Anglet (which i wasnt able for!), St Girions, Bundoran and Sligo as well as my local haunt of clare (Lahinch,Spanish Point etc). I ride a lovely 6"8' Circle one and im not too bad if i say so myself.
Placebos make me feel all fuzy inside....... HOLLY SHIT A PURPLE ELEPHANT!!!!!
kfish2oo2

Next

Return to General