C'mon... introduce yerself

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: C'mon... introduce yerself

Postby Sisa » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi there!
I m silvia, form italy.
I m starting now so i have no board!

Want to be an addicted anyway
Sisa

Postby Jake Breeze » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Name: Jake
Homebreak: Higgins Beach
Board(s): 8'0 San Miguel...it's an old Clark Foam w/ glassed-on fins. Can't let this board go...it's a beater for
sure, but my first love. Also have a 9'1" McTavish F4 and a 6'2" Byrne Peanut.

Aloha from stateside! Long-time lurker here, but first time posting. I've lived near the coast for my whole life but have been surfing for only 3 years now and am a full-blown addict at this point. I've previously spent many a summer running 'round the hurling pitch, but caught the bug hard after a mellow day at Hampton Beach and a mixture of cold brews, danks, and a rented funboard. Bought my first piece of neoprene that day and haven't looked back. Pretty sure that I'll be giving up the ash full-time (maybe) this coming summer to chase the swell along the coastline. To paraphrase Spicoli, "tasty waves and a cool buzz" are really all I need out of life. Well, that and a pair of clean drawers. But I digress.

Ready to take the full plunge this winter and buy my first 6/5/4 hoodie...waves in northern New England are mellowish during the summer but the swell gets super sick in the winter. I just can't stay out of the water.
Jake Breeze

Postby wiebrens » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Name: Wiebren Sap
Lives: De Haan, Belgium
Board: Dandee 9'2", Lost bottom feeder 5'10"
Surf in: Belgium, France
wiebrens

Postby Nick... » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Nick
Live in North Devon, England,
Primarily a short-boarder but in summer I do enjoy long boarding when i can get my hands on one, I also play hockey for North Devon. I'm 18, I'm doing my A levels at the moment, aiming to do civil engineering at university. I usually surf croyde or putsborough, but theres a couple of local "secret" spots that I much prefer on the days when they'll be working.

I have four main boards:
5'8" JP T4
5'10" Gulf Stream Thruster
5'11" Gulf Stream Parabolic Thruster
6'2" JP Hybrid

Oh, and i also work at saunton in the summer. Cheers, Nick
Nick...

Postby toby bonnett » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Spreading love for boardmasters get on down this year the home of British surfing!
toby bonnett

Postby WP101 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 am

toby bonnett wrote:Spreading love for boardmasters get on down this year the home of Cornish surfing!

fixed :wink:

the boardmasters has nothing what so ever to do with surfing outside of cornwall

p.s, is that your real name? its bloody cool if it is! :-D
WP101

Postby Black » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Boardmasters is an international event, nothing to do with Cornwall per se
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby WP101 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Black wrote:Boardmasters is an international event, nothing to do with Cornwall per se

good point... what i meant was, the cornish surf scene seems to be in no way related to any where else in the UK and hence any attempts to entice a grumpy cold water dwelling northern bstrd like me down would be futile :lol:
WP101

Postby Philshoz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:36 pm

WP101 wrote:p.s, is that your real name? its bloody cool if it is! :-D

Could be a new thread there WP101.................How about Billy Twelvetrees, English rugby player..... 8)
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby WP101 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Philshoz wrote:

Could be a new thread there WP101.................How about Billy Twelvetrees, English rugby player..... 8)

hmm yeah..would probably be about as successful as my last attempt to start a thread
WP101

Postby Philshoz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:36 pm

WP101 wrote:
Philshoz wrote:

hmm yeah..would probably be about as successful as my last attempt to start a thread

Try it..........they will follow.
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby Black » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm

WP101 wrote:
Black wrote:Boardmasters is an international event, nothing to do with Cornwall per se

good point... what i meant was, the cornish surf scene seems to be in no way related to any where else in the UK and hence any attempts to entice a grumpy cold water dwelling northern bstrd like me down would be futile :lol:

Why would you want to come down anyway, after all the warm clear blue waters are much overrated! :-D
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby WP101 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Philshoz wrote:
Try it..........they will follow.

"if you book them, they will come"

black wrote:Why would you want to come down anyway, after all the warm clear blue waters are much overrated!

Ive never been, i just imagine how pissed off i get sharing the water with more than 3 people up here, then times that by 10!
Too may poseurs pretending theyre in Oz, or is that an outdated vision? stayed in a house in morocco with a guy from newquay in '96, he went around calling everyone 'rudeboy', so ive tarnished everyone with the same brush.
however ive been assured its pretty beautiful if you can find a hideaway.
WP101

Postby phil83 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi
Im phil from devon originally now living in south wales surfed a bit when I was
A kid now at 30 looking to get back into it. Looking for anyone in South Wales area who wouldnt mind me tagging along be appreciated
Phil
phil83

Postby turkish78 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:23 am

Hello everyone, my name's turkish and I'm an alcoholic....... s**t, sorry, wrong meeting.

Just joined the forum here 5 minutes ago, so I guess that makes me the youngest member at 34? Live in Glasgow, don't surf (yet) but am and advanced kitesurfer looking to get back to the roots man, for real. Into snow, wake, wind, waves and general arseing around.

Summer mission is to catch some waves without wind assistance, so I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me.

TTFN
turkish78

Postby fooby » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm Joel from Hexham, Northumberland. I have always loved the ocean and recently became addicted to the feeling of riding a wave body boarding in Whitby. I'm loving learning about the science involved in surfing and getting to grips with some of the theoretical side until I can afford to get myself a board and a wetsuit and get surfing proper at Tynemouth!

Other interests: Climbing, Mountaineering, Mountain Biking, Music.
fooby

Postby jaylu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Hey! My name is Jason, I'm 24 and from Northern Ireland. I've just decided to take up surfing in the past year or two, so far so good!

Outside of surfing I enjoy skateboarding, snowboarding, boats and hoes if I have enough pocket money left after buying the beano.

not a lot else to say but I've learnt tonnes from these forums already!
jaylu

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:42 am

jaylu wrote:Hey! My name is Jason, I'm 24 and from Northern Ireland. I've just decided to take up surfing in the past year or two, so far so good!

Outside of surfing I enjoy skateboarding, snowboarding, boats and hoes if I have enough pocket money left after buying the beano.

not a lot else to say but I've learnt tonnes from these forums already!

There you go son ..............

Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby dixie » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:58 am

im goin back to sleep now
dixie

Postby dixie » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:12 am

name dixie (nige)
age 41
location isle of wight (but a brummy)
occupation installer of hospital equipment
boards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: gulfstream

ex snowboard instructor of 20 yrs found surfing in 93 came into it properly when i put my snow gear away for good in 2004

not a high performance surfer by any means...dont like it bigger than head n 1/2
but i get more stoked than most...and ive been described as the most determined surfer by a few.....

addicted to jools n the teams creations (UNDERSTATEMENT)
dixie

Postby JayP » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:36 am

dixie wrote:name dixie (nige)
age 41
boards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: gulfstream

ex snowboard instructor of 20 yrs found surfing in 93 came into it properly when i put my snow gear away for good in 2004

not a high performance surfer by any means...dont like it bigger than head n 1/2
but i get more stoked than most...and ive been described as the most determined surfer by a few.....

Your introduction has that rehab meeting sound to it Dixie! And you know what they say .....the first step towards rehabilitation is admission of the problem! Well done Nige! Just take it one day at a time! ;-)
JayP

Postby briggfoot » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:57 pm

dixie wrote:name dixie (nige)
age 41

Welcome to the forum Dixie, can't see you sticking around though tbh! :P
briggfoot

Postby DanH » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:53 am

Hi Chaps, thought I would introduce my self, Im Dan and my wife is Amy, We live in near to middlesbrough, Stokesley, and I took up surfing with my wife about 8 weeks ago, we are literally sleeping breathing and eating surfing, we cant seem to switch off from it, :?

We have been going everyweek since we took it up and sometimes going a few times a week for a few hours at a time. Our local break is Saltburn so we hope to pick your brains and meet a few off you along the way.

Cheers
DanH

Postby Argent_Vive » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi fella's (and perhaps lasses?!)
I'm Allan from Taunton in good ol' Somerset.
Surf the N.Devon beaches as often as i can but courtesy of some sage like advice from the decorater some years ago im most likely to be found at that river mouth point break or whatever somerset break is working this time of year (y'know, conditions prevailing and all that).
Tend to ride my 6' fluid juice quad but have recently found the joys of the mini simms after taking corduroy lines' 5'10 ectic concepts off his hands so im looking forward to some long lefts on that'un.
Been a part time forum reader for a while but only recently decided to participate!
Argent_Vive

Postby maqu73 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 pm

hi fellows

matteo 40
italy
grace little boy

it's been 3 years since I started surfing back again, after a 15 years stop.

my best
maqu73

Postby deanmill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello from Southern Orange County!
deanmill

Postby cathalcub » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:16 pm

whats up fellow surf freaks?
My names Cathal, but everyone calls me cub.24years old.I'm Irish born bred and water fed,I live in county down on the east coast(windswell capital) I surfed on the old "holidays' and what not but properly surfing nearly 2years now, I'm pretty much a surf addict, it's gone from every other weekend spent in Bundoran or Portrush with my mates to quitting my job as a locksmith traveling far and wide to surf everyday. I would do anything to get away surfing and some of the stories(lies) i have told to escape parties and social encounters will probably leave me burning in hell but I don't care as everyone I know will probably be there too.
In the summer I spent 7months in North Devon working as an outdoor instructor which had me surfing breaks from Woolacombe to Lands end.When I was over there I got my ISA level 1 surf coach award, so where next?
I don't think I am an amazing surfer but I do think I love it more than anyone else on this planet and really hate the way people think they "own" a wave.
I mostly surf a beach beat 6 2" fish but the poor thing is in bits now from the abuse it's received, also have a 7 6" cortez mini mal, a 6ft oshea thruster of some sort and a 6 4" pin tail. As well as surfing I like a bit of wake boarding, spearfishing, windsurfing, cliff jumping,showers and anything that involves water.
Always recruiting for a wingman/woman to join in these epic adventures so going to post up a thingy mc jigger on this to see if anyone wants to join me.
cathalcub

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:42 pm

^^

In Banbridge Town in the County Down, one morning last July
Down a boreen green came a sweet coleen and she smiled as she passed me by
She looked so sweet from her two white feet to the hair on her nut brown head
Such a coaxing elf I'd to pinch myself to make sure I was standing there .......
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby cathalcub » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Magical man.... Magical :cry:
cathalcub

Postby dermo909 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:59 pm

cathalcub wrote:whats up fellow surf freaks?
I don't think I am an amazing surfer but I do think I love it more than anyone else on this planet and really hate the way people think they "own" a wave.

Your addiction to surfing sounds very much like me :) I'm not the worlds greatest either but I definitely qualify as one of the most enthusiastic!
I'd love to be able to give up work and surf every day but unfortunately that wont happen :(
dermo909

PreviousNext

Return to General