C'mon... introduce yerself

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: C'mon... introduce yerself

Postby AndyPalf » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:46 pm

Hey all. Andy here, a landlocked surfer living in London. I always thought that I had no balance until a friend took me wakeboarding 4 years ago. 18 months ago I finally went surfing and I'm hooked. So I do the well trodden path down the M4/M5 to get my fix. I just picked up my first board, a lovely Fluid Juice creation. All the best
AndyPalf

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:40 am

Alreet Andy - post yer board up in the 'Post your board' thread - let's see what Adrian shaped you ...................
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby AndyPalf » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 am

Sticking it up now mate. Cheers for the welcome!
AndyPalf

Postby leemuzz » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello. I'm lee. Been lurking around for a while now. Thought I'd say hi to the weeders
leemuzz

Postby joejames8 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:59 pm

hello all!

been surfing around 4 years although I moved to Blackpool 2 years ago so not been in the water so much since but still manage the monthly trip to Scarborough. I learnt on a 6'10 bic , followed by a 6'3 retro fish quad, 6' retro fish quad (Jekyll) by steve at empire and no I ride a 5'8 retro twinny by steve at empire although I have just purchased a 5'11 hi viz pink retro twinny by Roo at tin foil hat in an effort to surf the windswell at blackpool.

I KNOW THERE ARE BREAKS ON THE FYLDE COAST BUT IVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR 2 YEARS AND I STILL CAN ONLY FIND 1 LITTLE BREAK IN CLEVELEYS, PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME??

Im a wakeboarding instructor at blackpool wakepark in the summer and a full time student completing my last year in marine biology

IF YOU SEE ME CARRYING A BRIGHT PINK TWINNY WITH A CRAZY GREEN SWIRLY WAX JOB SAY HELLO !
joejames8

Postby southernsurfer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:15 am

the unites states of merica, the one the only the best. i shred my lowkal break so hard when i throw spray people duck because it might be the last thing they see. i surf a 10,6 hawtcurl shaped by roy stuart. it turns better than any other board. i shaped a board out of a palm tree and called it freedom, triple concave with pontoon boat like rails.
southernsurfer

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:16 am

^^ Welcome special guest :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :mrgreen:
ATTMFKH

Postby Chris F » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:30 am

Any guesses who this really is?
Chris F

Postby twinfin75 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Hello there,

I'm 43, began surfing about 25 years ago. I love twinfins (hence my user name) and most other retro style boards. Checked this site a few times in the past and always found great info.
twinfin75

Postby steven55655 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Hello
im steven I'm from Newbury Berkshire, i am 23, I am just start up surfing i went surfing for the first time 2 years ago on holiday in Woolacombe but was surfing at Croyde and had a lot of fun even managed to stand up a fair few times :) i was very happy my fiancé wasn't as she has had a few lesson but can not stand but we went to woolacombe again last week (19th jan) for my birthday and all i wanted to do was surf (didn't mange to stand this time tho :( so wasn't to pleased but practice makes perfect ) and now i want to get in to it properly so i have been reading up on it all doing my research watching videos listening to professionals and really looking forward to start getting on with doing it properly

So yer hey everyone and i hope to meet some of you soon in the ocean :)
Steven Griffin
steven55655

Postby FarCanal » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:24 am

Hi, Jim here - orignally from Leices, ben surfing for about 13 years on and off, took the plunge and relocated the family down to North Devon 18 months ago.. and not looked back.. despite the weather lol!

My usual breaks are Westward Ho!, Sandymouth, Welcombe and Duckpool with the occasional skirmish over the other side to Woolly/Cryode/Puts

FC.
FarCanal

Postby digitollie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:59 am

Hi! Ollie - originally from Exeter area, lived in Oke for a few years so used to surf widemouth a bit. Moved to London 2 years ago for work so don't get down as much as I'd like. My usual spots are Porthtowan (Been going since a kid) and Harlyn as its always good when sheltered! I can normally be found meandering down the north cornwall coast looking for something small and clean. My technical ability is shoddy so just trying to push myself a little bit more!
digitollie

Postby Bogie4Life89 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:36 am

Hi people
Name David Centeno
Im From Puerto Rico
Currently live in West Florida
Im 24
Been surfing since i was 9 then stop for a couple of years Started back and miss it
Im married with 4 Kids
Im a bodyboarder i ride an 43inch Empire LTb Fins ERS54
Been planning on goin to the east Coast florida were the surf is alot better then the west.
If You Aint Surfing Whats The Point Of Living!!
Bogie4Life89

Postby leahcevans » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi everyone.

Im 25 and have been 'trying' to surf now for a year and a half although haven't been out much in that time. I can stand barely but always fall off. I think i panic too much when i get the speed. I need alot more practise and was wondering if there were many surfers who go bantham? Im from plymouth so thats my beach of choice. I normally go with my boyfriend but as i have mondays off im looking for a surfing buddy. I know its too dangerous for a begginner to go out alone abd i really want to improve.

If anybody can give me any advice on how to improve or wants to join me sometime please let me know. I am a begginner so i dont want a surfing buddy thats gonna up and leave me for the big waves out there as i can only go to where i cam stand right now. Any help would be appreciated :-)

Leah
Xx
leahcevans

Postby xylemsurf@gmail.com » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:43 pm

There are many others making alaias and paipos these days, there none that do it like Xylem.
Hey, I'm Josh Klein. Since 2008, my company, Xylem Surfboards, has been all about one thing: handcrafting top quality traditional Hawaiian alaias, paipos and Handplanes.
I'm honored to have sprouted my company, Xylem Surfboards in the most beautiful place in the world, Hawaii. On the "Big Island", I was in a small Hawaiian town named Kapa'au. Out in the grass and under a tent, I began shaping an alaia and little did I know, this would be the first of many. From the moment of my first ride on a rustic half shaped alaia I couldn't believe what I felt. It was just so fast and so fun I had to figure it all out.
From that point, I became immersed in surfing's' ancient history. I dug up deep in history to experience surfing as it was when it first started and strip away all the unnecessary "modern stuff" and boil surfing down to its purest form: wood, water and (a human). I learned there's one more thing that I forgot to add to that list; stoke! I'm totally stoked for this way of surfing, and now, my goal is to share it with the world and I'm having the time of my life doing just that.
Xylem is now based in Wilmington, NC out by the atlantic. Although my family and I are no longer in Hawaii, I am more committed to making quality boards than ever.
And, just so you know:
All my boards are made to be ridden in any surf. Including the small, weak and mushy waves of North Carolina! You really don't need hawaiian waves to enjoy these boards! So it doesn't matter if you surf Malibu, Waimea or Wrightsville Beach, these boards will deliver an unforgettable experience. I make the greenest surf craft I can by using top quality solid Paulownia wood, no toxic chemicals and by utilizing recycled materials wherever possible. I run a super lean shop with a tiny garbage can.
And, in honor of the ancient Hawaiians, all boards are totally made by hand with absolutely no power tools!

This is an entirely different way to make surfboards and an entirely different way to enjoy the sea...
Hawaiian Style!
Looking forward to meeting everyone!
xylemsurf@gmail.com

Postby Goatboy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:14 pm

Hello, my name is RJ, Goat Boy to some. I currently live in Pittsburgh, PA but I'm moving out to California on April 1st. Going to be staying in Monterey for awhile where I will officially be purchasing my first board! Been dying to surf all my life. A good friend of mine moved up to Boston and became a pretty die hard surfer avoiding all the ice chunks the North East has to offer. He took me surfing a couple times and I fell in love. Ever since then, the mission priority has went from important to, "if you don't get in the surf soon you're going to die of insanity"! I've been a long time skater, roughly 10-11 years. I skate a lot of bowls and pools. I like to ride Bulldog Skates as I'm a fan of dogtown art and Wes Humpston. I collect skateboards but have a problem with hanging them up on the wall, I'd rather destroy them in the bowls. Skateboarding to me has always been about style and trying to copy the flow of surfing. The goal for me is always to go fast and carve every corner as hard as possible. It's all about the fun! I'm only 24, so I figure I still have a lot of life left to get out there and learn what surfing is all about. Thank you for reading this, I look forward to learning as much as possible and meeting some cool people along the way. I'm also a member of the bulldog skates forum if any of you are fellow BDS guys . (RJ138)
Goatboy

Postby birch57 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:02 am

Hi there,

I've been surfing on and off for a few years, still class myself as a beginner due to my inconsistency. But have just moved down to christchurch, it have surfed boscombe and bournemouth a few times. What is highcliffe like? Heard the locals are not the friendliest down there? Also does none know if Avon beach is surfable?
birch57

Postby Ross » Tue May 20, 2014 8:33 am

Hello ..again,

Thought i would just say hello again since ive not been on here in a good long while, good to see that the forum is still going solid.
Still hanging around the West coast of Scotland at Machrihanish and Westport so give us a shout if your ever down that way.
Took over the as the West of Scotland Surfers Against Sewage area rep last year so if you have any questions regarding whats going on with any of that just drop me a line on here.

See ya in the water..

Ross
Surfings the source man change your life sware to god.
Live to surf..Surf to live!
Ross

Postby ShaunM » Wed May 21, 2014 9:18 am

Shaun from Aus - well Sydney at least
Surfs Northern Beaches Manly to Palm
Rides Longboards
Travelling - To a beach near you in UK June
Comments - Bondi Reacue TV show is fake
Friends who live in Bondi surf @ Maroubra
There's no real place called Summer Bay Syd
The rest is only hogy detailed profile :-)
Never confuse ambition with ability
ShaunM

Postby Mooncat » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi everyone! I'm from Italy, 28 years old, regular and surfing for about 5 years. I live in front of a surf spot, but on the wrong side of Italy...means east coast :-( ...so every summer there's almost 2 months flat and in general waves never exceed 8 seconds period all the year long (with average being 5 seconds).
I've recently spent 3 months in Portugal surfing almost everyday (that's an awesome place) and usually I do 1-2 surftrip per year.

I'm happy to share everything related to surf here, but just forgive me about some possible english mistakes :mrgreen:
Mooncat

Postby Tech » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:57 pm

Another noob signing in...

Attempted cheat surfing many years ago at Typhoon lagoon florida and had a blast but took me a few years to finally just go for it, so for my 30th I thought "this is the right time to take up surfing" got a wetsuit and a 7'6" Roger Cooper minimal and hit the coast. Since then i've picked up another Roger Cooper board, shortboard shape 7'6" and also been donated a 6'6" NSP shortboard fish (which i massively sucked on due to lack of skill)....

Local spot is Porthcawl, Wales, either rest bay or Coney beach aiming to travel a bit further soon.

Fairly recently became self employed so when possible or out on a job that passes the coast i'll head out :wink:
Tech

Postby pineappleexpress » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Name - Amanda Sinclair
Location - Tofino, BC
Age - 25
Surfin - 8 years
Boards - 7'6 stewart funline11
pineappleexpress

Postby mattsurfing » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:16 am

hey everyone, i live in florida and i can air 360 in 1 ft choppy waves.
mattsurfing

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:05 am

Hey Amanda - Swiggy on here lives near you (?) on VI.
ATTMFKH

Postby swiggy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:02 am

Near is a relative term I guess, I'm 4 hours drive away in victoria. I'm going to be in tofino for the next few days, surf looks pretty fun
swiggy

Postby Paul_N » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:05 pm

My name is Paul. I have surfed for two years in San Diego, CA, but then I moved to Europe and there is no ocean here :(
Paul_N

Postby elquemao » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:17 am

andres from fuerte islas canarias - tryin not to worry much - enjoy simple things in life - 30 year dilemma turn or tube - Ocupación:disfrutar la vida.... love my camper van furgo vw cali exclusive - my board quiver rusty 6,0 6,4 y 7,2 roundpin - guitars and beer mi cerveza tropical canaria -ukulele puravida www.puravidaguitarukulele.com
islas canarias. no worries, that solve nothing. my camper van t4 furgo vw cali exclusive-rusty quiver 6,0 6,4 y 7,2 roundpin-beers and music-cerveza tropical canaria and guitars n ukuleles puravida www.puravidaguitarukulele.com
elquemao

Postby OscarNL » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi all, My name is oscar , thought I'd introduce myself.. :)
I am from the netherlands, not exactly surfer's paradise but sometimes nature delivers and we are happy !

hope all is well, see you in the water !
OscarNL

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 pm

OscarNL wrote:Hi all, My name is oscar , thought I'd introduce myself.. :)
I am from the netherlands, not exactly surfer's paradise but sometimes nature delivers and we are happy !

hope all is well, see you in the water !

Should be waves in Netherlands over the next few days
ATTMFKH

Postby jon13 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:28 am

Hi all,
Thought I'd better say hi as I intend to stick around.
Took the classic approach in getting into surfing last year through the usual means of 'taking a lesson whilst on holiday in Newquay'.Loved it. Couldn't believe I'd never tried it when I was younger alongside body boarding.
So I decided to start making an effort in getting out more.Since then I've made a few trips from the depths of Wiltshire down to both Cornwall and Devon, both with the girlfriend and friends.Luckily, one of which already surfs and kites, so there is a base of knowledge I've already tapped into . It's thanks to him that I'm here making use of this your forum (and learning loads I might I add)! :-D
Every time I've been away I've rented different boards so that I can gauge what will suit when I do buy one. Currently making use of 7'6 minimals and seem to be getting on fine with them. I also have access to another friend's 6'8 circle one expose..let's just say it's good fun trying to get up on that!
Anyhow...Hi again and don't hate me for some of the questions you may see me posting please! :o
Jon
jon13

PreviousNext

Return to General