C'mon... introduce yerself

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: C'mon... introduce yerself

Postby roberdy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:37 am

Loves 2 Jacket wrote:Names Jeremy, I'm 26 and I am an alcoholic.

Ah, but do you surf?
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby TRoche2412 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Alrite lads,I'm Tom and I've been surfing 2 years now. Born on the east coast of Ireland and lived there for 13 years,didn't see surfable waves until I was 15 I'd say :lol: Live in Cork now and was probably the best decision I've ever made to take it up.
TRoche2412

Postby harkii » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:19 pm

hello im harkii
harkii

Postby msalv » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Name & age: Mark, 20
Lives: Scarborough
Surf: East coast. Whenever possible, wherever possible... although usually Scarborough, Cayton bay
Surf or bodyboard; surf, last time i bodyboarded was in portugal when i had the shits and couldnt stand up :-x
Board used: 6"4 BIC but looking at getting a 5"10 Fourth shovel :-)
Last edited by msalv on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msalv

Postby ellyana28 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:27 pm

hey everyone

just very new here still thought I'd come and say hi.

I am Ellyana 28 years, surfer girl ever since I could walk. Originally from Germany, but lived in Oahu, France and California before. Back in Germany since 2 years and hating it like hell, cause I am miles away from the sea. Usually off to Cornwall for surfing also tried the dutch coast a few times.
Busy in IT as seem most of the people here and got a 9 year old boy who is just as much a surfer as I am.
Currently riding a 6'4" SurfBetty and yes guys I am proud if it.....

ehm and sexual preference, seems like it is a must :P ...I agree with the saying I prefer having sex over not having sex.
ellyana28

Postby Travis Bickle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Hello
Travis Bickle

Postby darkangelrox » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi I'm Sian, 20yr old female in Cornwall! I started learning to surf April this year so not been surfing for very long but progressing well and have my own board now, surf Gwithian/Godrevy
My board is a 7ft 6 mini mal made by Glen D'arcy :-D
darkangelrox

Postby johnnytoobad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:24 pm

Johnnytoobad here.....american surfer been doing it 3 years.....always have been a board sport person.....moved from the florida gulf coast to Milwaukee...ewwwww fresh water taste icky.....i ride a 6'8 super fish greg taylor, have a 3/2 wetsuit and got the smallest waves on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ycrPieiMk haha thats me.........tough to set up camera on big days without runing it.......
johnnytoobad

Hello, Every person

Postby ClaytonSteenken » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:24 am

Hello, Each body
I am a greenhand here.I Will highly appreciate all your assist.
Many thanks
ClaytonSteenken

Postby Cade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:03 am

19yrs of age (and I wasted fifteen of them not surfing), Live on the Oregon Coast in the Summer, go to college in Hawai'i the rest of the year.
Recovering from a broken neck I gave myself last September on Oahu, Thank God I can still surf. oh I guess walking is nice too, just less important.
Cade

Postby flacky » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:39 am

Cade. I have a buddy who lives up at Cannon Beach. He owns the surf shop. Mark Mekenas. All round damn fine bloke. Look him up if you're local.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby victoriajesmaine » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:36 pm

New to the forum but old to MSW,

21 yr old female, live in somerset, surfed since i was 15 i guess. studied oceanography and work in hydrography so the sea is my life these days. Mostly hit N Devon as a closest break, get up there few times a week, and head further west if i got time on the weekends.

Ride an 8'4 epoxy longboard and love it, though dont spend enough time on the nose :)

also getting into surf photography, feel free to check out my blog www.victoriajesmaine.blogspot.com (nothing like a bit of shameless advertising). I also do surf art that i sell locally, if you want a commissioned piece or something that already exists give me a tinkle, my prices aren't bad.

I'll be in the water most days with either the board or fins and camera. if you want some shots just shout!

Vicky
victoriajesmaine

Postby WaveCarve » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi all,

New to the site and surfing! Have bodyboarded for a couple of months now but have now decided that I wish to learn to surf too.

I am male and am 36 years old, I live in Yeovil, Somerset and have recently been and tasted some of Cornwalls great beaches. I have bodyboarded at Saunton a couple of times but transport is always an issue, mainly the costs of travel. I intend to learn as much as I can prior to purchasing a surfboard but knowing me, that will be sooner, rather than later!!

Cheers

WaveCarve
WaveCarve

Postby Cade » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 pm

flacky wrote:Cade. I have a buddy who lives up at Cannon Beach. He owns the surf shop. Mark Mekenas. All round damn fine bloke. Look him up if you're local.

Hey I've heard his named mentioned around before, might've ridden with him a few times. He's always in the shop or close by.
I'm pretty close, about 45 minutes from Cannon. Small world.
Cade

Postby mokablat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:17 am

Surf first, do the rest later.
30 years, 10 of them surfing always on the hunt for better waves
how 'bout you?
mokablat

Postby MiaM » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey guys... I'm Mia, mid 20's middle of the country dweller (nowhere near ANY beaches) so my opportunities to surf are few and far between! Love to ride my longboard when I get chance and I joined this forum because chatting to surfers doesn't really happen much inland. Be nice to find some friendly faces to make me jealous of their days by the beach... and I could learn some new tips for when I do reach the shores! x
MiaM

Re: Hello, Every person

Postby kayu » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:55 am

ClaytonSteenken wrote:Hello, Each body
I am a greenhand here.I Will highly appreciate all your assist.
Many thanks

"HORN" Clayton !....greenHORN....you should have known that.....enless your heavily involved with gardening.. :?
currumbinwoodworks.com.au
kayu

Postby curb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Well here goes, in for a penny in for a pound.

Name's Phil, I'm from Derby, right in the middle of England, and I don't surf, so that's a good start :lol:

We've been to Newquay the last 3 summers, my boy who's now 12, had a couple of lessons at the surf school just up the hill from Fistral the first time and enjoyed it, got up on the board quite well, last year went out a few days and smashed it on the last day at Perranporth, catching nearly every wave on the Friday afternoon. This year he was out every day for a week, 5 hours at a time, couldn't get him out of the water.

So that's it, fish boy spurned from a bloke who's barely dipped his toe in the ripples at Cleethorpes, and it looks like we're into the surf scene now.

I must admit I love watching you guys, and I love the whole Newquay/surf bus laid back scene. I also enjoy taking photo's, so I'm having a good time wading up to my freezing nads taking picci's.
I had a look around at a few web sites to see if there was anywhere nearer and found Cayton Bay which looked a good spot so we headed over for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago and the sea was as flat as I've ever seen it. I kept an eye open, on this site in particular as it seemed to have the most detail about the size of the swells etc. so armed with the info of 6-8 ft waves last weekend and headed out again. What a difference a couple of weeks make. saturday was about right for my lad, he can't (or won't) paddle out to the breaks yet, so 4' is about right for him, as he catches them just after breaking and likes riding them all the way into shore.
I'm getting some good pics and we've finally found something that gets him off the x-box, so happy days all round.
'cept for the mrs. sat shivering on the beach on her own, but never mind, you can't please everyone all the time.

Nice to meet y'all, and it looks like I'll be checking in here regularly from now on.
I wish I knew what the frigg' you're all on about tho' :oops:
curb

Postby roberdy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:45 pm

curb wrote:I wish I knew what the frigg' you're all on about tho' :oops:

Welcome Phil and don't worry about the brah speak, most of it is made up as we go along....
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby curb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Cheers mate, nice vids with the camera mounted on the board, where was that?
I made out that it was somewhere on the East Coast.
curb

Postby choppercooney » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi,

Looking to get into the water this year and likely to be targeting the east coast of scotland and the west coast of galicia (the girlfriends spanish).

Not been in the water yet but had a misspent youth on a skateboard till very early twenties. I'm hoping to pick this up ok ?

Any other beginners looking to meet up and try to not drown....... give me a shout.

David.
choppercooney

Postby petegee56 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Hello

First post here so I thought I had best introduce myself.

Names Pete, 32 years old live in Tamworth so i am afraid I am a bit of a weekend warrior :roll:

been surfing about 2 years, and really started to make some progress in my surfing. Usually head to Porthcawl, Devon or Newquay but surfed in Saltburn. Biarittz, brazil and america

well thats it, go easy on me no doubt im just a kook

Pete
petegee56

Postby thirdshade » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm Rich
Porthleven Cornwall
Ride my own boards (www.thirdshade.com) board count usually hovers around a dozen but fluctualtes rapidly when other guys order something interesting which inevitably results in me extending my quivver...all retro inspired.
Surf deep south west cornwall and rarely leave the village...why would you?
thirdshade

Postby danb1203 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi guys.

I'm Daniel. Been surfing for a few months and i'm hooked. I'm 24 and live in mid cornwall, just outside of newquay and the luxury of most north coast beaches on my doorstep.

Can't wait for the tourist go home and leave the beaches to the locals :wink:
danb1203

Postby solosid » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Thought id say hello,my names sid(34) i work in a scrap yard and live in exeter.ive stopped boogie boarding and started surfing,just got me a nice custard point 7'6 board.
You may read some stupid questions at times from me,but i gotta learn!

Thats all for now people!
solosid

Postby Chicky » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:50 am

Hiya!!
Name- Hayley
Age- 28
Occupation - self employed/holistic therapist/run a health spa
Sexual preferences- that's for me to know!

I'm just learning to surf and have had 4 lessons. I am standing up which I'm very excited about :P I am becoming very very obsessed with surfing, why had it taken me Soooooo long as I now can't imagine not doing it. Tried various boards but can see myself heading towards a short board. I luuuuuuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvveeeee it!!!!
Chicky

Postby WHITBY_SURFER » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:21 am

HI,

I'm Lee, 32 years old and originally from the Midlands. I'm living just near Whitby, N Yorkshire
and have just had my first surfing lesson.

Thanks.

x
WHITBY_SURFER

Postby Poo Stance » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Chicky, Whitby - give up now while you still have your sanity, family and friends.
Poo Stance

Postby FairiesWearBoots » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:50 pm

i'm Alex

I'm 37, a skater for over 20 years+ and now learning to surf in the last 2 years. I regularly kick myself for not having started surfing when I lived near a beach break in Cornwall. at 15 you tend to be pretty militant about these things so anything outside of skating was shit

stoops . . . . .
FairiesWearBoots

Postby Black » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 pm

^^ A Black Sabbath fan?
Never growing old together...
Black

PreviousNext

Return to General