Disgusting - QUIKSILVER Welsh Nationals 2012

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Disgusting - QUIKSILVER Welsh Nationals 2012

Postby MARK VAUGHAN » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Gruff, great to hear your comments back on this thread!
Stoked.
MARK VAUGHAN

Postby kayu » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Nice work MV.....champion !... :wink:
currumbinwoodworks.com.au
kayu

Postby kayu » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:18 pm

.......may I suggest a half dozen or so beagles stationed in the vacinity to keep the foxes in check ?.....and perhaps a bugle player ?
currumbinwoodworks.com.au
kayu

Postby onefinleary » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:44 pm

How about half a dozen bugles and a beagle player?
If only there was a simpler way to get difficult things done.
http://www.mark-leary.com/
http://www.mark-leary.com/salt1/
onefinleary

Postby mal-nourished » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 pm

how about a haf dozen bagels wth philly and smoked salmon.... 8)
mal-nourished

Postby Black » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:06 pm

How about half a dozen Biggles to strafe the blighters - daggadaggadaggadagga!
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby the blowin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:14 pm

martin1984 wrote:If you read my post you would realise I am not blaming anyone else, or the idiot who actually believes I blame the foxes!

All I am saying is I was there, none of you lot presumably were? Were you? I'm not saying this isn't an issue in the slightest, it quite clearly is, my point was that how is this thread going to solve it, the answer is it isn't. How many of you run national surf contests? I doubt any of you do, and its really quite patronising for some people who have never organised such events to point the finger and tell them how they should've done it. The fact is that yes, mistakes may have been made and i'm sure the WSF will never let that happen again. If any of you knew the boys running the comp you'd know what absolute bollocks you're talking.

@Leven How is it not the NT's responsibilty (or Pembrokeshire National Parks/council whoever!) to put larger bins in place when the small ones are not adequate? Its not just one weekend that this is a problem, its all year. So its not the WSFs responsibility to sort out waste management at a beach that is governed by these local authorities. And yes, mistakes are quite often not apparent until it is highlighted by an incident such as this, but I guess you were perfect from birth so you've never made a mistake in your life. Be honest with yourself, you've done somethings in life that have seemed fine but caused a problem later and you know it.

I am not saying that this is OK,i'm just saying if you want to start stupid threads where you all share opinions from the comfort of your offices and basically just come across like bitchy women then you will achieve NOTHING! The WSF are not run like that, that problem will never happen again and between all the associated authorities it will be sorted and better arrangements made for next time.

For the final time, I am stating that I believe the issue should have been brought to the attention to the WSF/NT first, not by starting a thread like this. All this has done is brought a lot of unnecessary negative attention to the WSF and especially Quiksilver. Both do fantastic work with surfers of all ages and i'd hate to see that wasted over one mistake and a whole bunch of people who can't be bothered to see the wood for the trees. Yes, the rubbish wasn't in any way cool. It won't happen again and thats a fact. If you feel the need to get upset about something then go and stand in a forest shouting "rabble rabble rabble", cos thats about as effective as this thread.

This thread has been "effective " in many ways, not least exposing what an utter , utter arrogant WANKER you are, and if you're representative of the WSF / QS , it's good to get that in the open as well.

Embarassing.
Last edited by the blowin on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the blowin

Postby the blowin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:14 pm

martin1984 wrote:If you read my post you would realise I am not blaming anyone else, or the idiot who actually believes I blame the foxes!

All I am saying is I was there, none of you lot presumably were? Were you? I'm not saying this isn't an issue in the slightest, it quite clearly is, my point was that how is this thread going to solve it, the answer is it isn't. How many of you run national surf contests? I doubt any of you do, and its really quite patronising for some people who have never organised such events to point the finger and tell them how they should've done it. The fact is that yes, mistakes may have been made and i'm sure the WSF will never let that happen again. If any of you knew the boys running the comp you'd know what absolute bollocks you're talking.

@Leven How is it not the NT's responsibilty (or Pembrokeshire National Parks/council whoever!) to put larger bins in place when the small ones are not adequate? Its not just one weekend that this is a problem, its all year. So its not the WSFs responsibility to sort out waste management at a beach that is governed by these local authorities. And yes, mistakes are quite often not apparent until it is highlighted by an incident such as this, but I guess you were perfect from birth so you've never made a mistake in your life. Be honest with yourself, you've done somethings in life that have seemed fine but caused a problem later and you know it.

I am not saying that this is OK,i'm just saying if you want to start stupid threads where you all share opinions from the comfort of your offices and basically just come across like bitchy women then you will achieve NOTHING! The WSF are not run like that, that problem will never happen again and between all the associated authorities it will be sorted and better arrangements made for next time.

For the final time, I am stating that I believe the issue should have been brought to the attention to the WSF/NT first, not by starting a thread like this. All this has done is brought a lot of unnecessary negative attention to the WSF and especially Quiksilver. Both do fantastic work with surfers of all ages and i'd hate to see that wasted over one mistake and a whole bunch of people who can't be bothered to see the wood for the trees. Yes, the rubbish wasn't in any way cool. It won't happen again and thats a fact. If you feel the need to get upset about something then go and stand in a forest shouting "rabble rabble rabble", cos thats about as effective as this thread.

This thread has been "effective " in many ways, not least exposing what an utter , utter arrogant WANKER you are, and if you're representative of the WSF / QS , it's good to get that in the open as well.

Embarassing .

Edit - Just seen the responses from MV, good to see - now someone maybe needs to have a think about what this complete MUG Martin gets up to eh.
the blowin

Postby Johnny_rad » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 am

[quote="martin1984"]Yes obviously the WSF has to have permission from the National Trust,Pembrokeshire Parks and Pembrokeshire Council before running the event, with whom the WSF has had a brilliant relationship with them for years now.

In response to this post I find it disappointing that Guff has been so presumptuous that the WSF/Quiksilver has taken a lazy approach to keeping the beach at Freshwater West clean. I was at/competing in the event on the weekend and witnessed first hand the consideration that both the WSF and the National Trust (who were present all weekend) in to keeping the event tidy. The task of cleaning up the rubbish on Sunday evening was undertaken by both the contest director and the christian surfers. By this point all vehicles would've left the site leaving only the large Luton Van used by the WSF remaining. To anyone who knows, you cannot take a large commercial vehicle into a council waste management site without first paying and then obtaining council permission. The contest officials stacked and bagged all of the rubbish and placed it neatly next to the small bins provided adjacent to the toilet block. This was carried out in full knowledge of the National Trust who were present all event.

Firstly, the Welsh has taken place at Fresh for decades with no problems, the rubbish has always been left like it was on Sunday evening and never has there been a problem. The National Trust and associated organisations are FULLY aware of everything the WSF do at Freshwater West and the rubbish has always been happily collected without problem by the council after the event. After years of this taking place without problem I find it very narrow minded for msw users to assume the WSF should've known better than to leave rubbish in bags next to the toilet blocks.

One thing that disappoints me is that Guff has been so presumptuous (along with many others on this thread) and has taken to posting these photos on an international surfing forum instead of taking the issue up with the WSF. The WSF has asked for larger bins to be in place at numerous contests across the coast and has carried out hundreds of contests with no rubbish issues ever mentioned: clearly saying they don't care is wide of the mark. What happened on Sunday is being dealt with by the WSF and will never happen again. Remember that this is the way it was dealt with in the past and a problem has never occurred, now that it has, it will be changed. This was clearly a fox and not human littering. Foxes go through my rubbish when its left out on the street, should I hire a skip once a week to make sure it doesn't happen?

Basically this problem i'm sure will never happen again, the WSF have an impeccable record and will review things with the council, NT etc to ensure Fresh is kept clean. So Guff, I suggest in the future you contact the relevant authorities to put your mind at ease or make a complaint, lets be honest, posts on here accomplish nothing but if you feel better for whinging then carry on. I personally have the opinion that a problem is easily solved when mistakes are recognised and then corrected and not pointing fingers. This post achieves nothing, the actions that the WSF, TOGETHER with the local authorities, who FULLY support the WSF will take will no doubt solve this problem. However i'm sure they're grateful for highlighting this issue, just probably wished you'd done so with a little more dignity.

Martin[/quote]#

"One thing that disappoints me is that Guff has been so presumptuous (along with many others on this thread) and has taken to posting these photos on an international surfing forum instead of taking the issue up with the WSF"

HA!!!! What a fukin tool!!

"One thing that dissapoints me it that we have arrogant wankers like this running surf comps that then get stroppy when their UTTER neglect is so rightly pointed out to them".

WELL DONE for starting this thread!!
Johnny_rad

Postby mal-nourished » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:55 am

i think you will find martin hasnt got anything to do with the running of contest as pointed out by mark [vaughanie..] i think he is some random who opened his mouth before engaging his brain ..WSF have taken on board everything and have addressed the issues regarding refuse so bodes well for future... 8) and martin if you read this think before you ink..
mal-nourished

Postby Jon R » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Mark you're a superb ambassador to the WSF and diplomat! I applaud your responses on here and your subsequent efforts cleaning up Fresh West, we can all do our bit at our local breaks. Nice one, we all make mistakes (even unintentionally)and it's good to be humble enough to admit them but more importantly move on. Martin, no need to shoot the messenger, Gruff might not have been at the contest but he saw what the public saw after the event which unfortunately was that mess, what would you think in his shoes?
Anyway, glad we're all on the same side and to celebrate there's swell heading our way.... :-D
Jon R

Postby IonaKathryn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:12 pm

I can't believe this! It should at least be recycled! My bad if it was, but obviously it's a bit unclear from the pic.

'come across like bitchy women'....not all women are bitchy :( :lol:

I heard the event was v succesful.. I love fresh but hate to see it like this! I think it was good to have been brought up and I think more effort clearly could have been made but Martin is right there is no point arguing on the internet....
IonaKathryn

Postby IonaKathryn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Posted that last comment before looking at the other ones! Well done and thank you for clearing it up! :-)
IonaKathryn

Postby MARK VAUGHAN » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Thank you for all your messages guys, makes me proud to be Welsh!
MARK VAUGHAN

Postby fruit_sniffer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:47 pm

martin1984 wrote:Also noted the contest director walking round the car park picking up fag ends off the floor. Is that the attitude of someone who doesn't care about leaving rubbish on the floor? Do all of you go to those lengths? I doubt it.

No That's the behaviour of a nutcase, Why don't he buy his own fags?
fruit_sniffer

Previous

Return to General