New boardbag survey

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

New boardbag survey

Postby jimbib123 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 am

Hi guys, my mate is trying to get a a bit of market research done for his product Wavecave. It's a boardbag that turns into a tent so it's pretty sick, check it out at www.wavecavesurf.com. They're about to re-release the new improved version and are doing a bit of market research. If you could take a moment to do this survey for him that would be awesome. Only takes 3 minutes and would be greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... c1RHakE6MQ
jimbib123

Re: New boardbag survey

Postby manbearpig » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 am

I have a question too.
what is wrong with one of these:

http://www.blacks.co.uk/category/campin ... tents.html
manbearpig

Postby Chris F » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:53 am

I've invented this thing I'm calling a "wheel"....
Chris F

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:49 pm

^^ what does it look like this 'wheel'
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby swiggy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:49 pm

I actually think this is a pretty interesting idea, having lugged both a tent, thermarest and boardbags to various places, it can be a pain carrying everything. If you can reduce the overall weight compared with carrying separate camping gear and boardbag (just being able to have it all in the same bag is an advantage with international flying, charges etc.) then it could be worth it. I have slept in/on boardbags quite a bit and they are pretty comfy.

I'd be interested to know weights, how it compares to my quad coffin bag (which has a bit of weight to it empty). Your website says you are using canvas?? Its durable, but was surpassed as a lightweight tent material sometime in the 70s..
swiggy

Postby Philshoz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:04 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:^^ what does it look like this 'wheel'

UGG.........and fire.............ouch
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby jimbib123 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:10 am

Thanks for the responses guys, i'll get Jez (the owner of Wavecave) to reply to your queries. Swiggy, as far as i know the new version will have a top of the range tent installed into the bag, along with decent padding to keep you comfy at night. Having already used one of the current version, the weight is on par with your standard coffin and has enough space inside to sleep two or you and your boards. (i'll get jez to answer the query in detail for you ASAP). If you guy's have any constructive criticisms or questions, please keep them coming. Cheers
jimbib123

Postby slothcontrol » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 am

manbearpig wrote:I have a question too.
what is wrong with one of these:

http://www.blacks.co.uk/category/campin ... tents.html

Nothing wrong with one of those but if you want a top of the range boardbag that fits exactly to the bottom of your tent, with a 10mm padded surface for a sound night's sleep, then the Wavecave is for you. The combination allows users to travel light with a single package whether on a day trip or hardcore surf trip to the middle of nowhere.
slothcontrol

Postby slothcontrol » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:47 am

Chris F wrote:I've invented this thing I'm calling a "wheel"....

Nobody is claiming to have invented the 'wheel'
slothcontrol

Postby slothcontrol » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:04 am

swiggy wrote:I actually think this is a pretty interesting idea, having lugged both a tent, thermarest and boardbags to various places, it can be a pain carrying everything. If you can reduce the overall weight compared with carrying separate camping gear and boardbag (just being able to have it all in the same bag is an advantage with international flying, charges etc.) then it could be worth it. I have slept in/on boardbags quite a bit and they are pretty comfy.

I'd be interested to know weights, how it compares to my quad coffin bag (which has a bit of weight to it empty). Your website says you are using canvas?? Its durable, but was surpassed as a lightweight tent material sometime in the 70s..

Thanks for the comment - probably the only really useful query on here so far. The bags weigh between 6-8kg including the tent - so overall weight is quite low compared to a Billabong coffin bag (7kg). Both are quality products that when combined, create something that is easily pitched, with no hassles of carrying the 3 items like you suggest.

The tent is made of lightweight material, the bag is made of canvas. Sorry for the confusion. New website will be ready next week.
slothcontrol

Return to General