Tamarindo surf report

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Tamarindo surf report

Postby jshirsch » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm sorry to say but I have been living and surfing in Tamarindo for 30 years. I have been surfing for 52 years. The Tamarindo surf report is bogus. It is always over rated by at least 3 foot and for an example this morning it was about 2-3 foot actually and reported by your contact here to be 5 foot. A joke. Also he says he was in the water this morning and I was there and didn't see him at the river mouth. On top of that he can hardly even surf. Sorry for the bad news but I have watched this report for years and finally needed to bring it to light. He must work for a surf school or something giving great reports all the time.
Where is the honesty.
jshirsch

Re: Tamarindo surf report

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 am

Hey. Thanks for that. I was just about to get in my motor and drive down for a check... hold on, are you just saying that to fool the masses into staying away?

... I'm coming down for a check anyway. Now was it left after the A39 or... hmmmmm
Poo Stance

Postby Biarritz Taxi » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 am

jshirsch wrote:I'm sorry to say but I have been living and surfing in Tamarindo for 30 years. I have been surfing for 52 years. The Tamarindo surf report is bogus. It is always over rated by at least 3 foot and for an example this morning it was about 2-3 foot actually and reported by your contact here to be 5 foot. A joke. Also he says he was in the water this morning and I was there and didn't see him at the river mouth. On top of that he can hardly even surf. Sorry for the bad news but I have watched this report for years and finally needed to bring it to light. He must work for a surf school or something giving great reports all the time.
Where is the honesty.

If you live in Tamarindo why don't you do the surf report? I do the eyeball report here in Biarritz and I'm sure I get it frequently wrong. I can also guarantee that I'm not the best surfer in the water.
I don't get paid but I do get a backlink to my website for every report. Jim Hurt appears to have no website linking from his report page so clearly not doing it for any obvious SEO benefit.

Anyway, as Poo Stance said, probably just a troll.
Biarritz Airport Transfers
http://biarritzairporttransfers.com/
Biarritz Taxi

Postby Philshoz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:56 am

Don't fret it Mr hirsch,

If you live there why are you bothered? I don't think too many Tamarindians bother checking MSW.

If Poo Stance does turn up don't leave your wetty hanging around. Word to the wise........... :wink:
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby henryg » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am

One man's 3ft is another man's 5ft. Get over it
STOP...... Hammertime
henryg

Return to General