Parking Eye Fistral

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Parking Eye Fistral

Postby dalejenga » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:56 am

Ignored the previous 3 letters from them demanding money as I stayed in North Fistral Car park for 23 minutes when you're only allowed 20 free! absolute joke.
Just received a letter from 'debt recovery plus ltd' with more threatening language. Am I right in saying they have no authority what-so-ever and I'm best to ignore all letters? Surely they just work on fear as if some little old woman receives one of these letters they'll pay straight away right?

cheers for your help!
I think i biller'd the bong last week :)
dalejenga

Re: Parking Eye Fistral

Postby lostboy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:28 am

Ignore.
Kill. Destroy. Plunder.
lostboy

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:42 am

Ignore ......

My mum-in-law got hounded by the Lidl Car Park mafia for 6 months , 3 letters ..... 2 years later they are off the scent.

They have no legal jurisdiction and cannot enforce the penalty.

As they say up here : GIRUY !!
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I got me a parking ticket in Bossie the other day. No way I'm paying it. If they think they can just put out cones (AA ones at that) with no signage they don't know how bureaucracy works :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poo Stance

Postby Chris F » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Fuck them. Fuck them all and their bullshit intimidation tactics.
Chris F

Postby dalejenga » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 pm

definitely going to ignore, even though part of me wants to return the 'payment slip' back with c***s written in bold!

Like you say it's there pure arrogance, and how they work on indimidation that annoys me. I know for a fact if my mum had received that she'd have paid the £60 (for 3 minutes over, lol) straight away.

Karma and all that i suppose...
dalejenga

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I got one parked at my mates house on a private estate a year or so ago. I appealed it and they turned it down a few times. Then one day they called me up, I told them there was absolutely no way I was going to pay. The lady asked me if I wanted that put on file. Never heard anything back again. I sometimes wonder if I could just put notes on peoples cars telling them to give me money and get away with it.

I think the rule of thumb is, if it's council owned land and council issues the ticket, there isn't much you can do unless you have a valid case. Such as poor signage etc. If it's a private company issuing for private land owners then as Chris say... Fook 'em.
Poo Stance

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Poo Stance wrote:I think the rule of thumb is, if it's council owned land and council issues the ticket, there isn't much you can do unless you have a valid case. Such as poor signage etc. If it's a private company issuing for private land owners then as Chris say... Fook 'em.

^^ Exactly this
ATTMFKH

Postby danny1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:31 pm

and something about not ackowledging the letter at all..in any way what so ever
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby Chris F » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:11 am

danny1 wrote:and something about not ackowledging the letter at all..in any way what so ever

Yup. Tempting though it is to write c**** on it and send it back, it will just create more hassle.

When our lass was in hospital recently with the new baby I got there (late as usual!) and couldn't find a place to park anywhere so just parked up on a kerb like half a dozen other cars were, and came out a while later to find some fine saying if you pay this within 4 weeks it will be £60, or £80 after that. I chose to ignore it and heard nothing since (11 weeks now!) but was wondering how many people using that kind of tactic it works on?
Chris F

Postby Vince Noir » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 am

Chris F wrote:
danny1 wrote:and something about not ackowledging the letter at all..in any way what so ever

Yup. Tempting though it is to write c**** on it and send it back, it will just create more hassle.

When our lass was in hospital recently with the new baby I got there (late as usual!) and couldn't find a place to park anywhere so just parked up on a kerb like half a dozen other cars were, and came out a while later to find some fine saying if you pay this within 4 weeks it will be £60, or £80 after that. I chose to ignore it and heard nothing since (11 weeks now!) but was wondering how many people using that kind of tactic it works on?

they rely on the minority getting scared and paying them...they never persue those who ignore,as its too much in legal fees for a case they know they cant win

they rely on itimidating people...like my girlfreinds mum, when one bloke wouldnt let them leave the car park and demanded money..had this happened when i knew them, they wouldnt have been paying..
Vince Noir

Postby Paul C » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:57 am

Because of this parking problem at North Fistral, I never go in the surf shops but I would if it wasn't like this. I buy all my bits and pieces like wax etc. online instead. These shops must me losing out because of this parking situation?
Paul C

Postby buttholesurfer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:31 pm

My mate got a ticket in Fistral. Had all the ranting/demanding letters, said nothing and ignored everything. Didn't pay a penny!
buttholesurfer

Postby Johnny_rad » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:34 pm

You will still get a CCJ against your name!! If you don't respond to that, the baylifs will be knocking on your door..
Johnny_rad

Postby majordom » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:48 pm

no you wont

try the forums at pepipoo.com for more info and advice
majordom

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Johnny_rad wrote:You will still get a CCJ against your name!! If you don't respond to that, the baylifs will be knocking on your door..

ATTMFKH

Postby bigfeller » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Yup. BS.
They can try and are within their rights to do so in some cases, but there are just so many defences that can be offered that it would usually be difficult to win their case...and every defeat will cost them. Overall they would actually LOSE money.
bigfeller

Postby Chris F » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 am

ATTMFKH wrote:
Johnny_rad wrote:You will still get a CCJ against your name!! If you don't respond to that, the baylifs will be knocking on your door..

What he said. Utter bollocks.
Chris F

Postby ThreeFinsGood » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:57 am

You will still get a CCJ against your name

County court judgment can only be issued when you've been to court. That's never going to happen.
ThreeFinsGood

Postby dalejenga » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 am

just recieved this... how do they get away with writing such bull? yet it's hard not to get a little worried especially when im off for 5 weeks soon leaving mum here on her own.
Attachments
parkingeye1.jpg
parkingeye1.jpg (91.54 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
dalejenga

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 pm

their website says they have successfully applied for CCJ's - that means that they have managed to get the paperwork out their company successfully ........ your call mate , but the whole set-up is geared towards scaring you ........ my mother in law blanked Lidl's mafia for 2 years and they are away to frighten someone else who will cave in more easily.
ATTMFKH

Postby Birdman74 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 pm

I work in the NHS and our work carparks were taken over by a Private Car Parking company (APCOA) a year ago.

I have to date acquired so called "fines" to a sum of over £1000. These were issued during the time I was waiting for a permit to be issued and on occaison had no choice but to park in the hospital carpark just so I could attend work.

I have no intention of paying anything to them. Over the past year I have received probably hundreds of letters demanding money. The letters are intimidatory, and they're designed to be! At first I started shiting myself that I'd end up in court and believed all the nonsense they were sending me. Nowadays It's just routine for me to open them, read the same automated Final Demand they've been sending for the last 6 months and shove it in a drawer somewhere. (I only keep them in the highly unlikely event they took me to court, I could show to a judge the level of harrasment and intimidation I'd received)

I've also had the same thing from a Creative Parking Solutions in Barnstaple, when I got a ticket in Saunton car park. Again, the same intimidation letters which I ignored with no consequence. Same with Parking Eye in a Lidl carpark for overstaying by minutes. Ignore the letters and they eventually stop.

All these PPC's seem to operate in the same manner. If you research it on consumer forums, ticket fighter, money saving expert etc, there's in depth advice and information about how to deal with private parking companies. Which in most cases is to simply ignore their letters.
Birdman74

Postby swiggy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm

I'd ignore them. Council etc. you have to pay, but they generally aren't anywhere near as outrageous (parking ticket here in the city centre is only $15 if you pay it within 2 weeks).

I know of someone who got clamped by one of these "demand 150 quid to release" type clamping operations, they jacked the car up, stuck the spare wheel on, then went home and removed the clamp with the help of an angle grinder. Fight em on the beaches :twisted:
swiggy

Postby Chris F » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:39 am

Tell you mum to ignore. if they ask here questions tell her to tell them you left the country.
Chris F

Postby Philshoz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:04 am

Chris F wrote:Tell you mum to ignore. if they ask here questions tell her to tell them you left the country.

Something similar happened to me a few years ago. Got caught on camera in the wee hours speeding in a hire car heading back to the airport.
They had my mum's address from the hire car company, she laid it on thick about bereavment (true btw) and how I live in France and never heard another thing.
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby dalejenga » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 pm

just done a bit more research and apparently if you google map the address they send from there's nothing there! haha. All intimidatory tactics, just so annoying!
dalejenga

Postby hidden agenda » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 am

swiggy wrote:I'd ignore them. Council etc. you have to pay, but they generally aren't anywhere near as outrageous (parking ticket here in the city centre is only $15 if you pay it within 2 weeks).

I know of someone who got clamped by one of these "demand 150 quid to release" type clamping operations, they jacked the car up, stuck the spare wheel on, then went home and removed the clamp with the help of an angle grinder. Fight em on the beaches :twisted:

Really?? I dont think so. Its impossible to remove a wheel while clamped.
hidden agenda

Postby swiggy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:14 am

hidden agenda wrote:
swiggy wrote:I'd ignore them. Council etc. you have to pay, but they generally aren't anywhere near as outrageous (parking ticket here in the city centre is only $15 if you pay it within 2 weeks).

Really?? I dont think so. Its impossible to remove a wheel while clamped.

Maybe the story was bullshit :dontknow: Not all clamps are the same, ones I have seen if you have a lug nut socket and a flex head ratchet (which a lot of people would have if they work on cars a lot) you could do it. I could see it being pretty tricky just using the tyre iron that comes with car toolkits/jacks. I wasn't there..
swiggy

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:31 am

Just put a call into Angle Grinder Man
ATTMFKH

Postby REO » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:58 pm

you can do it by letting the tyre down if you dont have low profile tyres or run flats.. and with a pry bar gives enough room to take a wheel off no probs ;-)
Spent most of my life surfing...wasted the rest
REO

Next

Return to General