Surf log

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Surf log

Postby [REZ] » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi all
I havent been on the forum for sometime now but I wanted to introduce a little project I have been working on:

Surf Log is a diary that allows you to record all your surf session data in an easy to use format. It has been designed to give you an overview of the
year with each page indicating the total days surfed and a section to record your top 10 sessions of the year.

The diary is A6 size and printed on sustainable PEFC paper stock and has a recommend retail price of £8.95

Ben is kindly selling it in the store:
http://store.magicseaweed.com/Surf-Log-Book/Item/20398/

Would make a great little Christmas present...
More info here:

http://www.surflog.co.uk

Any feedback would be well received.

Cheers

Mark
[REZ]

Re: Surf log

Postby dermo909 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Is their an electronic/app version of this?

I'd be interested if I could log the data electronically and get various statistics about it. We all know how fickle breaks are and having all data available for searching etc would make it easier to decide on which beach/break to go to on a particular day. Even to decide what board to bring(especially if you can only bring one board).

For example, I know my local beach works best at various times after a big swell and in certain wind/swell directions.

I know people are going to say 'thats local knowledge that you build up over time' and 'dont spoon feed people' but if you have to input it all yourself, then its not exactly spoonfeeding!
dermo909

Re: Surf log

Postby [REZ] » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks for you feedback. I have thought about an app but the development cost were too high and I wanted to gauge the response if anyone would actually want a surf diary. If it sells well then it would definitely be worth investing into an app.

Thanks again

Mark
[REZ]

Return to General