Publishing Career

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Publishing Career

Postby Underdog » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Hey Guys,... I’m dreaming of being a magazine publisher and wonder if you think this is a good job for me?! I would start a British Surfing Magazine .. I'm thinking of calling it BandWagon! The magazine will feature extensive coverage of the best of Cornish surfing.

I need a friendly surf goods manufacturer to supply free goodies for my friends, i mean journalists, to test. I will then publish un-biased reviews awarding stars according to how many freebies I get.

I am looking to recruit a select band of surfing mates and a pet photog. We will then plan an annual trip to the North East where we will discover new reefs and slabs. After naming these new breaks we will publish photos of ourselves ripping. We will, of course, take great pains to frame all shots so that no identifiable locals are seen; indeed, it will appear that we are the only ones in the water.

To pad things out we will always ensure at least one shot of the good looking one fooling about in front of our sponsored hire car with an easily identifiable landmark in the background.

As a magazine publisher I don’t need any advice. Just thought I would come on here and get a bit of free advertising. Aloha.
Godrevy; Just like surfing. but smaller (and without the power)
Underdog

Re: Publishing Career

Postby Black » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am

Hey I've got a pen you could borrow if you needed to write something for the magazine. Not sure where it is now but I could find it for you, its got Bic written on the side so you know it has good surfing pedigree. Defo got some ink left in it, I swear on my life.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby waxer00 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:55 am

i`ve got a filafax....partially used................so.......sponsorship,lets talk.
waxer00

Postby Matt Rose » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 am

Ill drop you a PM Re a whole page ad!

Need some marketing on retro Cornish organic china clay skate wheels, with the right mag these will sell like hot cakes! Also doing our bit for the local community by employing a few potters to shape them and kids to gather the stuff. Got my eye on a new Audi Q series so fingers crossed UD!

CC Moi
Matt Rose

Postby smelly skater » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:21 am

I coiud right for yous im really grat at it :-D
smelly skater

Postby Chris F » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 am

:lol: :lol:
Chris F

Postby Philshoz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Are you planing on taking photos or should someone else fantasise about having a career in that genre?

If you will be scribe/photog I have a well used sleeveless waistcoat with tons of pockets on it for those lenses and filters and your iPhone 5 blah, blah, blah......................BUT most important is the banner across the shoulders proclaiming your allegiance to............KKAAPPPOOOOOWWWWW
http://philshorrock.blogspot.fr/
Philshoz

Return to General