North Cornwall Dredging

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

North Cornwall Dredging

Postby morris » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:04 pm

There are only a couple more days to raise concerns about the proposed project to dredge millions of tonnes of seabed material from the Cornish coastline.

http://www.sas.org.uk/news/2013/02/06/s ... he-dredge/

https://www.facebook.com/NorthCoastProt ... ssociation

I'm sure that there are quite a few that might see an impact from this. The removal of material could have wider reaching implications than Cornwall alone...
Get emailing now.
morris

Re: North Cornwall Dredging

Postby well-chilled-out » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:41 pm

Even at todays metal prices I can't believe there is viability in sourcing such a small quantity of spoil tin.Is it just a cover up to locate highly prized URANIUM which is a by product of Tin mining & to a lesser extent,Gold.-me thinks so, seeing as the Government want more Nuclear Power stations in the UK. Surely if money in tin ore then the redundant cornish mines would be re-opened & drained. There should be huge caution when dredging the seabed as coastal erosion will be the result, even taking into account 95% silt return. Cornish sea water won't be the beautiful aqua green it's famously known for & generates far more millions of pounds from tourism than silt mining will ever yield.

well-chilled-out

Re: North Cornwall Dredging

Postby Black » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:14 pm

South Crofty is planned to be re-opened, they've been working on it for a while so I think there must be few quid in it now.
Never growing old together...
Black

Return to General