Surfing in the Ionian

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Surfing in the Ionian

Postby insideout » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:33 am

Has anybody got experience surfing in the Ionian? I have landed a engineer position within a large flotilla of yachts touring the med for 9 months. I leave in less than two weeks, i am wondering if it is worth taking a board to keep on the yacht just incase?

Have done a little research, a few guys on wannasurf claim that the ionian has waves. But its very vague and most the info on wannasurf isn't accurate.

I am expecting wind chop at the very best, but with the amount of islands and rocky outcrops I can imagine there will be something.... :?
insideout

Re: Surfing in the Ionian

Postby Philshoz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:15 am

Defo take a beater. An old fish?

Imagine you rock up somewhere and a fun beachie or point is breaking.
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby insideout » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Yeah i think i'll probably take my robot, my other boards are too good to risk taking for the odd wave.

Having looked on wannasurf again and youtube it looks like there is waves. Fingers crossed.
insideout

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:38 pm

F4+ wind between SE & SW, 1000km+ fetch mmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder ? Of course there'll be waves :roll:

Take a board.
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby insideout » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:00 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:F4+ wind between SE & SW, 1000km+ fetch mmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder ? Of course there'll be waves :roll:

Take a board.

Haha, maybe i rely on Msw too much and should have done a little bit more research. Feel a bit stupid for asking now, glad i did though because i wouldn't have taken a board other wise.
insideout

Return to General