[offtopic] returning up from checking the storm surf this am

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

[offtopic] returning up from checking the storm surf this am

Postby Surf Fuerteventura » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:32 pm

...ran into a HUGE DARK cloud, barely had time to get the camera out and turn on the wipers... then the thing UNLOADED!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUc2-gdJI4c

cheers,
:cheers:
Surf Fuerteventura
Surf Fuerteventura

Re: [offtopic] returning up from checking the storm surf thi

Postby dermo909 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Thats just a light summer shower here in Ireland :lol:
dermo909

Postby Craivold » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm

yeah we've had plenty of that kind rain in the SW over the last few months... Probably about 3-4 floods in as many months in different parts of North Devon, been one hell of a crazy year for rain.... Enjoying this more settled spell we've had though, probably won't last too long :lol:
http://dragonhilldiaries.com/
Craivold

Postby Surf Fuerteventura » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Ay, i bet you guys get a TONNE more rain than we do in fuerteventura... but i also bet you drive on paved roads, am'aright?

See, the thing about this drive in particular is that this section the dirt track passes directly over an old "barranco" (ravine formed by centuries of rainfall) and when it rains THIS hard this section of the track pretty much always washes away. Herein lies the problem.... had i not have made this section, and the track washed out under my tyres, i most likely would have ended up in one of two places... 1-) further down the "barranco" stuck between a rock and the water flow OR 2-) out in the ocean "surfing" 6 meter waves with the car, the dogs AND my boards!!! :shock: ...either one is pretty daunting situation to be in, thus the screams of cheer when i made it through!!!! :-D

Take a closer look and check out the bits of mud on the windscreen? :cry:

cheers,
:rr:
Surf Fuerteventura
Surf Fuerteventura

Return to General