Parko perfect 10 at Kirra - live now

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Parko perfect 10 at Kirra - live now

Postby freebird54 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 am

freebird54

Re: Parko perfect 10 at Kirra - live now

Postby mountain man » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:40 am

Yep and Slater also got 10 in his semi and beat Parkinson in final. RESULT!!

And what an arsehole Parkinson is, did you see him give finger to Slater? Bad loser.
mountain man

Postby flacky » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Frustration I'm sure. He did the same at Teahupoo didn't he?
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby defever » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:02 pm

At around 32:00 in the final heat review (where the 2nd wipeout icons are on the bar), Joel takes the wave, but is succumbed to wipeout because Kelly was further down and takes off. Kelly doesn't make it either but that's a drop-in, no?

Sure I can understand Joel's reaction. He's been stuck in the tide and getting desperate to score a good point; this is competition.

But Kelly had the "priority" so it was his wave regardless of where Joel was. I don't understand the "priority", what is it?
defever

Postby surfrat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 pm

nothing wrong with flipping the bird...it's competition, it's pumping, it's banter!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby flacky » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:05 pm

defever wrote:At around 32:00 in the final heat review (where the 2nd wipeout icons are on the bar), Joel takes the wave, but is succumbed to wipeout because Kelly was further down and takes off. Kelly doesn't make it either but that's a drop-in, no?

Sure I can understand Joel's reaction. He's been stuck in the tide and getting desperate to score a good point; this is competition.

But Kelly had the "priority" so it was his wave regardless of where Joel was. I don't understand the "priority", what is it?

one on one, surfer 1 catches a wave, surfer 2 has priority, until he catches a wave, he then passes priority to surfer 1... I think this may change if surfer 2 gets back to the line up before surfer 1... not sure.

Joel did it to Tiago Pires last year I believe. And would have done it to Kelly, make no mistake.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby mountain man » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:51 am

Not banter he was really pissed. Also there was a barely disguised anti-Slater campaign amongst the Aussies, the likes of Parkinson, Fanning etc could barely hide it and no it wasn't just competitor rivalry it went deeper. Anyway fuck em, the best man won!
mountain man

Postby freebird54 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:43 am

Slats had priority and deserved the win - it is always war in the water but all is forgotten after.

Majority of locals were happy with the result.

And the waves they all got to surf today were Kirra at its best.

Great go-pro deep tube vid on news tonight
freebird54

Postby freebird54 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:43 am

hERE YOU ARE

http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/articl ... 4&cateId=3

and some stills....
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 256&type=1

Burleigh going off all day today too.

and a comment

Cheyne Horan
ASP adopt this rule if a surfer takes off deeper and has been riding for long enough to deem it his ride the priority surfer cannot drop in...also at the end of heats where the winner with priority is sitting 50m down the line to block he cannot..this would make close heats come down to the wire and successfully use the whole time period in a heat.....and if a surfer is clearly on a seperate peak it should be his..the surfers themselves would like to go this way
freebird54

Postby mountain man » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:58 am

Irrelevant. As it stands Slater was completely correct in going for the wave, he may have gone anyway or may have just tried to block Parkinson (somewhich which he would also have definitely done if situations reveresed). It also doesn't alter fact that Parkinson is a complete cock and it showed when he gave finger to Slater.
mountain man

Postby damo666 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 am

mountain man wrote:Not banter he was really pissed. Also there was a barely disguised anti-Slater campaign amongst the Aussies, the likes of Parkinson, Fanning etc could barely hide it and no it wasn't just competitor rivalry it went deeper. Anyway fuck em, the best man won!

Seriously? You gathered that from watching a webcast from the other side of the world? What an utter load of sh*t!!
Parko does not seem too fussed when talking about it here...

https://vimeo.com/61778296
damo666

Postby damo666 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:47 am

mountain man wrote:Not banter he was really pissed. Also there was a barely disguised anti-Slater campaign amongst the Aussies, the likes of Parkinson, Fanning etc could barely hide it and no it wasn't just competitor rivalry it went deeper. Anyway fuck em, the best man won!

Really pissed? It certainly does not look like it in all the stuff I have seen (such as this vid https://vimeo.com/61778296).

And have you got a single scrap of evidence to back up your claim that 'the Aussies' have an anti-slater thing going? Or is that something you worked out from watching a patchy webcast from the other side of the world?

Many of your posts have a decidedly anti-australian slant to them. Maintain the rage....
damo666

Postby Leven » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Surely they've been competing with Kelly long enough to know that this would probably just fire him up? And oh, look....he won!!
Leven

Postby mountain man » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:29 pm

damo666 wrote:

Really pissed? It certainly does not look like it in all the stuff I have seen (such as this vid https://vimeo.com/61778296).

And have you got a single scrap of evidence to back up your claim that 'the Aussies' have an anti-slater thing going? Or is that something you worked out from watching a patchy webcast from the other side of the world?

Many of your posts have a decidedly anti-australian slant to them. Maintain the rage....

Yeah whatever nub, first two posts on this forum are to have a dig at me. Hmmm...
mountain man

Postby damo666 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:03 pm

So back up your claim then!

What was the Aussie anti-slater campaign? What were they doing?
damo666

Postby mountain man » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:26 pm

I take it you saw none of the webcast or interviews then? Plenty there.
mountain man

Postby damo666 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:10 pm

Yep I did, which is why I am asking the question - I saw nothing more directed at Slater than I did against Durbidge, Kerr, John John, Medina or any of the other competitors? Have you seen Parko's acceptance speech where he specifically went out of his way to mention Kelly and thank him for all he's done for surfing?

I also spent the last 2 days of the comp sitting fairly close to the competitors area and got to watch them all interact between heats.

Whilst the blokes you've mentioned ceratinly are not best mates with Slater, they seem to get along OK enough. The two you have specifically mentioned (Parko/Fanning) and were happy to stand around chatting for a few minutes with Slater whilst waiting for heats to start etc. My little bloke has a photo of all three having a bit of a laugh together at one point during the quarters, I'll grab his phone and upload it when I see him next.

So yeah, they are all competitors! You dont get to be one of the top 30 odd surfers in the world without having a burning desire to beat the other bloke, regardless of who it is.
Whilst it would make a great movie plot if they all hated the 11 time world champ, it appears there is a fair bit of respect there.
damo666

Postby Black » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 pm

damo666 wrote:Whilst it would make a great movie plot if they all hated the 11 time world champ, it appears there is a fair bit of respect there.
So much so he gave him the finger, yeah that's respect. :roll:
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby damo666 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:09 am

Geez you guys are a little sensitive. If my wife flips me the bird I consider that foreplay.

Another quick pic of what are obviously sworn enemies doing battle at the pro. Is this photo:

A) Obviously one of those evil Australians Fanning about to unleash another dastardly plan against poor little Kelly, or...
B) Does it look like you and your mates talking about some fun waves you just caught?

damo666

Postby danny1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:37 am

damo666 wrote:Geez you guys are a little sensitive. If my wife flips me the bird I consider that foreplay.

Proper lol d at that

Slater is strange ... How can u be that competitive in a comp you've won loads against the same guys already...

It's not normal
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby mountain man » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:30 am

damo666 wrote:
If my wife flips me the bird I consider that foreplay.

Really? Well that sums you and your missus up then.
mountain man

Postby flacky » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Aussie v US has gone on as long as there's been pro surfing. The bird was flipped in the heat of the moment, I'm sure afterwards he got a heap of stick off the locals, but nothing more than the Aussies give us poms after cricket. It's banter. Slaters not weird, he's a champion. He's been knocked off his perch more than once and gone on to claim it back. Up to the rest to keep him down, fact is none of them are up to the job.number 12 is a shoe in. Give it him now.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby damo666 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 am

mountain man wrote:damo666 wrote:
If my wife flips me the bird I consider that foreplay.

Really? Well that sums you and your missus up then.

4/10- for trolling. Surely you can do better than that?
damo666

Postby mountain man » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 am

If anyone is trolling it s you, the only posts you've made have been to have a dig! Best get back to your classy wife.
mountain man

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Meeeeoooww!!

Mate, I'm always flipping the bird when I'm deep in the pit looking out at my mates on the shoulder. Always doing it down P-Land.
Poo Stance

Return to General