Windsurfing

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Windsurfing

Postby van wilde » Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey everyone, i just wondered if anyone could clear up a few questions that have got about windsurfing.
I decided to give it a go for those long periods when its flat and there is no surf in the summer.
Ive got a decent board with three sails, 4' 5' and 6 foot.
The problem is, I need to acquire a mast, foot and fin. Bit of a green horn here, but i take it the attachments for the fins etc differ on boards? And what size mast should i get (length)

Also, is there any places in and around newquay that supply windsurfing gear, because i can not think of any at all of the top of my head.

And last but not least, does anyone know any good spots to go and practice, where i won't be getting in the way of surfers, ( fistral and what not)

cheers now!
van wilde

Re: Windsurfing

Postby roberdy » Wed May 01, 2013 6:12 pm

You might get a better response from a dedicated Windsurfing forum than round here but good luck anyway....
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Re: Windsurfing

Postby gillyk118 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:30 pm

check boards.co.uk/forum ! loads of windsurfers on there who will be able to help you out.
gillyk118

Return to General