Go pro or alternative

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Go pro or alternative

Postby James1001 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Does anyone know of a cheap alternative to a go pro or a go pro which someone is selling cheap
James1001

Re: Go pro or alternative

Postby Kabazz » Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Ive got this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kodak-PlaySpo ... 5aed0c65b9

Reckon its better than a gopro. Cheap tripods and poles, have adapted it to fit on my surfboard with a gopro mount, added a fish eye lense, does 1080p and has a screen on it. Battery lasted a 9 day holiday without charging too!
Kabazz

Postby roberdy » Thu May 02, 2013 8:21 pm

GoPro ftw, heaps more gadgets, connectors, mountings and other bits that can be played with!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby nomar » Fri May 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Kabazz wrote:Ive got this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kodak-PlaySpo ... 5aed0c65b9

Reckon its better than a gopro. Cheap tripods and poles, have adapted it to fit on my surfboard with a gopro mount, added a fish eye lense, does 1080p and has a screen on it. Battery lasted a 9 day holiday without charging too!

I have a few cameras including the new go pro black addition a tachyion hd mini and the kodak playsport, my advice would be to save your cash and get the go pro black edition, these other models are good cameras but the go pro wins hands down.
nomar

Postby finlay » Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 pm

I've got an AEE gopro clone, it was £150 inc screen and things off ebay equivalent to a gopro HD but not the black version. There are some youtube videos you can check out the image quality comparison, not really used it for surfing but I've had it underwater and used it snowboarding and it's worked really well.
finlay

Return to General