Hidden at the bottom of the page

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Hidden at the bottom of the page

Postby JayP » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:17 am

YOu could put an ad on the facebook groups - they are full of young idiots!
JayP

Postby Vince Noir » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Perran wrote:Your right, we do need some new blood.
That won't happen if you can't even find the forum.
Let's get it moved.

make your own forum then. plenty of free sites to host. A lot of the people here have actually met up and surfed together. its nice and its quiet.

do you really want the forum flooded with people posting the same shitty threads over and over again

what wetsuit do i buy
what board do i buy
please tell me every single secret spot in a 50 mile radius of my location, despite the fact that i am incapable of surfing anything other than a crumbly beach break.
Vince Noir

Postby Chris F » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Bring back the thickrubber form.

Free troutlips!
Chris F

Postby thechimp » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:10 pm

JayP wrote:YOu could put an ad on the facebook groups - they are full of young idiots!

http://stabmag.com/news/facebook-vs-kauai/
thechimp

Postby roberdy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:56 am

ben wrote:What I can say is it wouldn't exist at all without the tireless efforts of Roberdy moderating it - he'll be happy to confirm exactly how little pressure he's had put on his shoulders by the corporate machine :)

Thanks Ben, haven't had much chance to spend "time" on here lately since having a baby in October! Being in a very different timezone doesn't always help but I am still around. Although we're running on an old version of PHPbb and I still change the sign up questions at least every 6 months to foil the dastardly Chinese, Russian, Thai and Indian spammers (what hardship...) I think we have a pretty decent, ad free, lightly moderated place to say largely whateverthefuckwelike here. There are still great resources to draw on and although Roy, TheDeadly, Matteboy and a bunch of other luminaries have been and gone, there's still some characters about.

Making us a feature of MSW or Surfstich might change things a bit, it might get shiny in here and maybe it would have to become content driven and raise some revenue by driving traffic to retail, I dunno, that's probably a question for Ben to answer next time he swings by. FOr me I am gonna continue living through the longest East Coast wave drought Oz has had in decades and looking after my beautiful daughter :)

I'll be keeping an eye on you buggers though :-D ;2)
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby troutlips » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Chris F wrote:Bring back the thickrubber form.

Free troutlips!
now free from that amazonian warthog I call a monkey wrestler, wee I actually call him simon, free at last free at last!!!!!
love talking pish tae fish
troutlips

Postby Chris F » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Hello mate, trust you are well.
Chris F

Previous

Return to General