V bowls

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

V bowls

Postby Chrisisted » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Any one got any feedback/experience on how they ride?
Or even wishing to part with one..
Chrisisted

Re: V bowls

Postby WeAreMemories » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Had(have) 2 - Both very different. Started with a 7'2 with bonzer sides, much narrower template, same flat deck. Surprising amount of paddle power for its length & width. Did a swap with an older 7'10, which seems to have a much fuller template, and less bladey rails. Both boards, surf really well, but prefer the length of the 7'10. I did find myself riding the 7'2 like my old shortboards, which it liked to hit a section well. The trim power of both boards is what really appealed to me, and ease of entry to waves. Lots of mixed reviews about them tho from others.
WeAreMemories

Postby Chrisisted » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks mate for the info, have read quite a few positive reviews on surfer & jamboards forum was just wondering about people on this forum, seems like the slightly longer ones have a greater range in terms of conditions they can be used in
Chrisisted

Postby Jory » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 pm

I've ridden a 6'10. I wouldn't say it was an every day board but I enjoyed myself. Feedback from its owner is that it needs a bit of shape and isn't a messy day board.

I liked it but would agree. It felt a lot like a user friendly hull, had that same swoopy feeling and high line trim. Wasn't as forgiving to surf as an eggy shape in the same dims though.
Jory

Postby buttholesurfer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:17 am

I sold my 7’2 to Wearememories, he loves them ,I don’t. I was told to not buy one under 7’6 and the longer boards surf better. Thought they paddled ok and turned ok, so as you’ve probably read on the internet there very much a ‘marmite’ kind of ride. In a midlength I prefer the CC Flattracker.
buttholesurfer

Return to General