Stoke surf today!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Stoke surf today!

Postby Alwayzthekook » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:07 am

Because of the 'Today's surf' thread that's running & running......
...& inspired by a Swaylocks thread......

Thought I'd get up a sticky for us to post the sessions that gave us the stoke as they happen.
Doesn't necessarily have to be about epic surf - just about getting that high, the reason why we keep going back for more 8)

I'll start:

Scored The Pass with only 4 people out & the sun shining. All of us strangers spent the whole time giggling that we had it all to ourselves.
3-4ft, 20-150m rides..... and I've just tuned into a new understanding in riding the fish.

Such a sweet, classis (though brief) session 8) 8) 8)

Amen to that :-D
Alwayzthekook

Postby bunker » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:21 am

Amen 8)

Didn't go in last nightt because of the crowd, then the dawny this morning was all crumbly. PLus the chart is looking WANK for my trip next week.

But still stoked you are scoring it Alwayz :-)
bunker

Postby seanf594 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:46 pm

just come back from portugal and the first 2 days stoked me out beyond belief.

we surfed cabedelo those 2 days, had it about 4-6ft and glassy clean, its easily the most amaizing beach break i've ever surfed, was in the water for atleast 6 hours each day just chilling with my friends on our own private peak for the most part.
seanf594

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:10 pm

Still got fond memorys and a little buzz left from that session I posted about last week. mmmmmmmmmm warm feeling..... (whoops musing pee unless i'm in the water ;) )
With 73% of the planet under water perhaps Earth should be re-named Ocean
PapaWoolacombe

Postby REO » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:23 pm

iam still feeling warm and fuzzy from last sunday at bantham...not an amazing wave just surfed well for a change.. :lol: nice when you can get a few waves you can think off all week at work
Spent most of my life surfing...wasted the rest
REO

Postby thedeadly » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:29 pm

i just had 2 and a half weeks off, surfed every day i think if not twice - i need a rest - so i'm going to the pub tonight - yeaaahhh FTW :-D
Never buy a stupid dwarf - Its not big and its not clever
thedeadly

Postby smelly skater » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:37 pm

:-D had a amazing surf yesterday ...and a v fun surf today on a nice v quiet point break mmmmmmmmmm been a very good month hasnt it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
smelly skater

Postby Rocket » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:21 pm

Caught the biggest wave of my life (so far) at Fistral on Tuesday. If you were there around 1:30pm you might have heard me whooping like a red indjun.

Its that feeling of speed and height that takes you by surprise, and then you've got to choose your angle and just commit to it. Amazing. I felt like a really progressed as well, with my timing.

Its like you said REO, its something you can think about at work all week.
Rocket

Postby droog79 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:16 am

oi rocket- where & what do ya surf round brighton?
LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE- I do! http://www.facebook.com/droog79
SPORADIC BLOG: http://www.droog79.blogspot.com/
droog79

Postby Rocket » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:38 am

West Pier is the nearest break - if you can call it that. Other than that, Hot Pipes. I hear theres something to be had by the marina but I've not checked it out yet. You?
Rocket

Postby droog79 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:02 am

yeah, w.pier is literally at the end of my rd. pretty crap most of the time tho. ok for a bit of fun on the log. hotpipe is better. marina is a chalk reef break, reasonably sheltered but dont go there unless you can surf- locals get piss'd off with beginners/intermediates getting in the way. i've only been out there once cos i'm still pretty wobbly.
i ride my new little fish thing most of the time, the thruster comes out v. occasionally and the log when there really is no other choice. you?
LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE- I do! http://www.facebook.com/droog79
SPORADIC BLOG: http://www.droog79.blogspot.com/
droog79

Postby tootes » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:10 am

best not mention our miserable day yesterday driving round looking for something decent with a bit of a shelter.

first rule broken, if you see somewhere surfable don't head off to look at somewhere else. a good 4-6 hours driving a couple of good rides on big lumpy waves and a good clean of the sinuses elsewhere after a big paddle that resulted in me stoping to sit out back 1 minute before the arrival of the cleanup set :(

still, it makes you feel alive and we toured some beaches and looked at some spots, all part of the learning curve.

probably got the same planned for the weekend.
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby stephh » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:57 am

I'm still thinking a bout two of my best waves ever that I go in France 3 weeks ago. Just really got everything right for once and the feeling was amazing. It also helped that the water was warm and I was wearing boardies and rashie.

I want to be able to do that everytime now :shock: :shock: :-)
stephh

Postby Jory » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:09 pm

Saunton this monday, doing it's best chest high point impression, about 6 on the main peak, a little bit of sunshine, noseriding heaven, probably had my top five waves of the summer in one session
Jory

Postby danny1 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:23 pm

i had a wicked egg sandwich this morning...
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby REO » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:25 pm

Just got back from a bumpy bantham session, got better as the tide dropped... plenty of girls out to!

and a note to the kite boarder with the red board and brown kite who looked at me and proceded to do an air nearly landing on me, (i dont usually advocate violence) i will without any question smack you if i see you in the car park....could have quite easy made my missus a single parent today you fuck...
REO

Postby Break Expert » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:39 pm

I had a run in with a kite boarder at watergate and I reckon it's a good idea to have a flare gun and burn the bloody things out of the sky.

Seriously, I think they are a fucking hazard, that and bloody jet skis.

But on the surfing note, had a bumpy session by myself earlier, had a few nice ones. Sorted the hangover right out and now may go for a jaunt down the coast and go in again.
Break Expert

Postby CRISPY » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:38 pm

Had a few fun ones at Harlyn. More tricky as the wind got up, typical Harlyn sand enemas all round.
.... .- / .... .- / .. / -.-. .- -. - / -... . .-.. .. . ...- . / -.-- --- ..- .-. / ... .- -.. / . -. --- ..- --. .... / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ...
http://www.jokeronline.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JOKER/10652956154
CRISPY

Postby thedeadly » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:52 pm

you gotta love "Howlin' Harlyn" :lol:
thedeadly

Postby Reefrider » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:03 pm

Just got back from Harlyn....

Apart frpm it being busy it was bloody freezing!!!

I would have seriously worn my winter suit if I had it with me :shock: :shock: :shock:

WINTER HAS ARRIVED FOLKS
Poo-styling sponsored by Good Cake.......
Reefrider

Postby thedeadly » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:14 pm

thedeadly

Postby Chewbecca » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:19 pm

Just got back from trying my new board out = :toothy8:

It is so so different from my progressive board I can't begin to describe it, but it's good. Had some lovely long lefts, wind was a bit annoying but the extra weight of the new board helped me a lot.
Chewbecca

Postby Break Expert » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:57 pm

Reefrider wrote:Just got back from Harlyn....

I would have seriously worn my winter suit if I had it with me :shock: :shock: :shock:

WINTER HAS ARRIVED FOLKS

I was in with my 3/2 with cut off legs, absolutely fine. Last year I used that until it was nearly christmas. Save the winter rubber for when it gets cold.
Break Expert

Postby Alwayzthekook » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:48 pm

Cabarita Beach yesterday. My first visit.
What a hidden gem that is!

Crappy to mediocre surf, but the sun shining & a humback whale with calf frolicing for ages just 150m off shore. :shock: Very special 8) 8) 8)
Alwayzthekook

Postby surfer-dave » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:51 pm

REO wrote:Just got back from a bumpy bantham session, got better as the tide dropped... plenty of girls out to!..

Hey man! saw you out, Although not sure which one you were, you on about the kitesurfer who just randomly jumped around right in the fucking lineup ! :evil: Which one were you? I was the only 'grom' out there and my mates did come out eventually :-)
and yeh, lot's of female surfers out ! :-D
surfer-dave

Postby Reefrider » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:26 am

Break Expert wrote:
Reefrider wrote:Just got back from Harlyn....

WINTER HAS ARRIVED FOLKS

I was in with my 3/2 with cut off legs, absolutely fine. Last year I used that until it was nearly christmas. Save the winter rubber for when it gets cold.

Too right, last year it was early December before the winter layer went on, but yesterday for some reason I was freezing!
Poo-styling sponsored by Good Cake.......
Reefrider

Postby REO » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:08 am

surfer-dave wrote:
REO wrote:Just got back from a bumpy bantham session, got better as the tide dropped... plenty of girls out to!..

Hey man! saw you out, Although not sure which one you were, you on about the kitesurfer who just randomly jumped around right in the fucking lineup ! :evil: Which one were you? I was the only 'grom' out there and my mates did come out eventually :-)
and yeh, lot's of female surfers out ! :-D

i had an xcel summer suit on, white short board ..and urmmm baldish head :wink:
i saw about 3 younger guys sat in the middle...had some good little waves as the tide dropped
REO

Postby danny1 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:32 am

surfed harlyn for the first time the other week during the gordan and helene swells. that place sucks hard 90% of the time! and not in a good way! nah it was OK a few short bazzers
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby thedeadly » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:40 pm

danny1 wrote:surfed harlyn for the first time the other week during the gordan and helene swells. that place sucks hard 90% of the time! and not in a good way! nah it was OK a few short bazzers

its a special magical place :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D have had some mental lefts from the middle peak , right into the crowds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thedeadly

Postby lostboy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:14 pm

Fistral was lovely yesterday - heaps of waves coming through for everyone. Real good atmosphere. Maybe it was the lack of longboarders :wink:

Was fine in my 3/2 - the water's still toasty!
Kill. Destroy. Plunder.
lostboy

Next

Return to General