Stoke surf today!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Stoke surf today!

Postby Ferral » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Cheers Craivold, I chanced it and pleased I did! very enjoyable although the offshore was a touch strong :-D :-D
Ferral

Postby zboy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 pm

nice little surf today clean hollow chest high peelers happy dazs :-D :-)
zboy

Postby briggfoot » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Had a few bombs yesterday at a South Devon popular beachy.
Head-high, some perfect peelers, and some faster ones (close-outs for me,) that a few people were zipping along and getting cover-ups.
Wind a bit cross/offshore, could have chosen a better spot, but Schtoked!
briggfoot

Postby buzyg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Where did that come from. Great surf on the way home from work last night, at Whitsands bay of all places. A rare treat indeed, for it to be firing properly there, but sure was Wed evening. Not big just 3-4 ft, but perfectly formed :-D
buzyg

Postby makkattack » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 am

La Punta was on fine form this arvo ... albeit with half of P.Escondido in the water!

Scored a few good head high + set waves that rolled through but in general the locals dominated! :lol:
makkattack

Postby Black » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Feeling really relaxed after tonights waves at PT, only stayed in an hour as slightly too many folk in (and thoughts of the next two days) but so worth it. Did I say I liked Friday night surfs? 8)
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Black » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:18 pm

..... and today @ PP with sunshine. No hood either day, talk about warm! :-)
Black

Postby zboy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:31 pm

head and half at a point break here in eire, offshore holding the wave up nice, few little covers on the inside. was on me 4.11 simms what a flyer out for a 3hrs swell dropped off. :-D :-)
zboy

Postby JayP » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Fell back in love with my speed dialler today. 3-4 ft peaky high tide fun in South Wales. God I love that board!........ :-D :-D :-D very happy!!!!! lets hope the wind doesnt pick up too much tomorrow cos I need more of that!!!!!
JayP

Postby briggfoot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Black wrote:..... and today @ PP with sunshine. No hood either day, talk about warm! :-)

Agreed, one of the first times this year where getting in/out of wetsuit wasn't a grim experience!

I was out at Crantock yesterday afternoon sharing a river-mouth peak with a few others. Nice chilled out waves, sun, what more can you ask for?

Was planning on hitting it hard today, and found somewhere that was sheltered from the strong wind and working perfectly. However, on Wednesday I took a rail to the ribs/stomach, and after yesterday's session I've flared it up to the point where even sneezing is emotional!
briggfoot

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am

bunkers was okay this morning for a bit...lovely swell, but banks were a bit messy, peaks shifting allover the place..pumphouse looking pretty lined up as the tide dropped out
Vince Noir

Postby dermo909 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Its starting to feel like spring!!! Will have to ditch the thermal rashie and hood soon!
dermo909

Postby roberdy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Not a surf but still water :) Rad day up Glenshee, great snow all over the whole place. Got good runs right out to Glas Maol which I have never ridden before. Some super fast rides, hardly anyone there for a weekend after a week of near constant snow on the hills, stoked as fuck. Just have a wrenched knee, sore back and bloody knackered elbow!!

Only thing left to say is come on Wales!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:31 am

Few nice shaped rights over on the East Coast with Harkii ............ had better for my £20 diesel :roll: followed by St. Paddy's day mayhem in the east end of Glasgow- Tenpole Tudor, The Men They Couldn't Hang & Stiff Little Fingers , shirt off 3 hour cardio-vascular workout - now that's £20 well spent. Scarred all over & still ringing in the ears............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby skimmer2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:21 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Few nice shaped rights over on the East Coast with Harkii ............ had better for my £20 diesel :roll: followed by St. Paddy's day mayhem in the east end of Glasgow- Tenpole Tudor, The Men They Couldn't Hang & Stiff Little Fingers , shirt off 3 hour cardio-vascular workout - now that's £20 well spent. Scarred all over & still ringing in the ears............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Must have been big down the coast as when I went to the hometown bay after work there were a few good lines coming in.....not that I could see much through driving wind and snow.....blizzard conditions. Can always tell if there's something when I hit the t juntion leaving Longniddry and see small lines.
skimmer2

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:04 pm

big mess through there today Steve
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby tootes » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 pm

skimmer2 wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:Few nice shaped rights over on the East Coast with Harkii ............ had better for my £20 diesel :roll: followed by St. Paddy's day mayhem in the east end of Glasgow- Tenpole Tudor, The Men They Couldn't Hang & Stiff Little Fingers , shirt off 3 hour cardio-vascular workout - now that's £20 well spent. Scarred all over & still ringing in the ears............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Must have been big down the coast as when I went to the hometown bay after work there were a few good lines coming in.....not that I could see much through driving wind and snow.....blizzard conditions. Can always tell if there's something when I hit the t juntion leaving Longniddry and see small lines.

I was in in the afternoon up in the corner, it was pretty shit really, looked better from the outside, and was full on blizzard when I got out. Had a cm of snow on my board by the time I had walked home. More of the same due this weekend, I'll probably be stupid enough to have another go.If you catch a runner its a good wave but its been hard work with the wind the last few times.

yesterday I visited the "industrial" spot in the north east that occasionally gets pictured on here by Danny going really big. Only stopped and watch but there were some big beasts lumbering through and some good waves ridden. Luckily I was without my board so I resisted an early death by drowning.
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby tootes » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:46 pm

driving down the road early tue morning I was on the coast road towards tantalon and fucking huge breaking wave rolled in between the headland and bass rock. Not breaking all the way accross of course but a good chunk - twas a monster.
wheels and water blog
Eco Kindle Blog
tootes

Postby skimmer2 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:51 pm

tootes wrote:
skimmer2 wrote:

I was in in the afternoon up in the corner, it was pretty shit really, looked better from the outside, and was full on blizzard when I got out. Had a cm of snow on my board by the time I had walked home. More of the same due this weekend, I'll probably be stupid enough to have another go.If you catch a runner its a good wave but its been hard work with the wind the last few times.

yesterday I visited the "industrial" spot in the north east that occasionally gets pictured on here by Danny going really big. Only stopped and watch but there were some big beasts lumbering through and some good waves ridden. Luckily I was without my board so I resisted an early death by drowning.

Yeah - effin wind always fucks it up. Wish it would just blow then ease off. Big swell this weekend again but effin wind will make it pish. I've not missed out though as I've had a stinking cold/flu sort of stuff but on the mend. Was down in the bay today (day off with family) for a walk....no-one around at all and sun out and a SUP surfable wave - was tempted but my lungs would heave up lots of green stuff :D
skimmer2

Postby danny1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:01 pm

no surf for me this week due to commitment city...

my shoulders are fat and i am getting man boobs due to work and kids
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby tootes » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:09 am

danny1 wrote:no surf for me this week due to commitment city...

my shoulders are fat and i am getting man boobs due to work and kids

I was half expecting to see you at the "industrial" spot.
wheels and water blog
Eco Kindle Blog
tootes

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 pm

loads of swell but gale force winds :-(
Vince Noir

Postby mountain man » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Ah yes but said winds OFFSHORE!
mountain man

Postby Surf Fuerteventura » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

not sure if this goes in here or not... please correct me if not...

this one's from 2 weeks ago, as the date stamp well shows, but todays session was about the same... only head high on sets, but same cross shore wind that opened the rights RIGHT UP!!!

cheers,
:notworthy:
Surf Fuerteventura
Surf Fuerteventura

Postby Black » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:58 pm

^^^ If you had stoke then it does, not hearing any stoke there?
Black

Postby JayP » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Well, it was cold, it was windy but Croyde was pretty damn good today!!!! :-D Wave fill replenished!!!! God I love my speed dialler. :-D Have I said I love my speed dialler?...... I love my speed dialler!!!!! :-D
JayP

Postby zboy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:36 pm

over a week with no surf and it all changed to day got in mid tide point break head high and clean :-D
zboy

Postby Archy_is_God » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:20 pm

big smooth beachbreak peaks with 3 guys out!

Love wintertime :-)
Archy_is_God

Postby tootes » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Archy_is_God wrote:big smooth beachbreak peaks with 3 guys out!

Love wintertime :-)

Snagged a quick hour this pm and ended up having a nice surf - caught a few nice runners and generally feeling in tune with my board. The gale force low expectations were certainly surpassed. Surfed more since xmas than I did last year :) By eck it is properly cold out at the moment. 2 minutes after getting my gloves off my hands were in agony - was just trying to open the boot and get my board in. Had to build the heat into them slowly in the shower - still a bit achy now. reminded me of the day I made the mistake of taking my gloves off when I got out at runny and had to make the long walk back to the car feeling like my hands were in ice.

Would be quite nice for the wind to drop and go properly offshore on the east coast though!!!!!!!!
wheels and water blog
Eco Kindle Blog
tootes

Postby Vince Noir » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:09 pm

few more options further north of scarbs aye tootes...
Vince Noir

PreviousNext

Return to General