had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Philshoz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Classic.
Philshoz

Postby Chris F » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:23 am

Chris F

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:53 pm

harkii wrote:left 6.30 am with attmfkh with the promise of good swell and waves according to forecast ........5mins into journey and BANG drivers side wing mirror obliterated by passing van that never stopped.......fuck it man shit happens heading to good swell deal with mirror later.......2hrs later arrives at spot looks promising,suited and booted.... over electric fence through bull run over another electric fence in water attmfkh catches zipper first off just as im paddling out 8)"oh ya beauty" i think "this is going to be shit hot" i arrive at take off point and swell fucks off....... float about a bit blow a wave attmfkh catches a no bad one again 8) ....swell fucks off...........makes decision to try further down road, back up to electric fences ........zap electrocutes myself on fence :shock: back through bull run.. in van ,next spot not doing it. lets try river mouth...... looks promising in we go attmfkh catches ...i blow one float about swell fucks off. fuck this thinking second spot might be working by now.. paddle in, then i get fuckin shore dumped (rummel rummel) :oops:...arrive at second spot still not working watch for 5 mins still not worth it ....att lets go home ....in back of van out wettie steps out of van and just for a kick in the balls before we leave old geezer walking his dog says "should have been here yesterday the waves were much better" :evil: :evil:
went for a day of good clean swell and all i got was
a busted wing mirror
electrocuted
shore dumped
and no waves
oh and £115.00 bill for a new mirror
ARSE :-( :-(

:lol: :lol: :lol: upside was we found a new spot down some cliffs by a lay-by. Affectionately christened 'jobbies' due to both of us synchronised dumping at 1st light (seperated by 100yds) - Harkii nearly made a mess of that as well, falling off a snow covered track down the hill :lol:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Chris F » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:09 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:[we found a new spot down some cliffs by a lay-by. Affectionately christened 'jobbies' due to both of us synchronised dumping at 1st light (seperated by 100yds) - Harkii nearly made a mess of that as well, falling off a snow covered track down the hill :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: legendary
Chris F

Postby tootes » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:38 pm

is it Harki or the janoitor I have met when I saw you last couple of times attfknsmtsmm?
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby harkii » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:02 pm

That will be the janitor ...tootes .......missed last couple of sessions on the east coast mate ...work n shite ..im better looking than the janitor anyhoo :wink:
harkii

Postby danny1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:42 pm

saw my arse today.

Only one in the farm yard at dawn.

Solid over head ++
with
Double overhead +
sets

"shit wrong board"

Wind a bit funky

Started getting a bit scared- had a word with myself. Got suited up and ran over the reef.

Just about to paddel out and huge set came through.

Shit myself and wenbt back to the van thinking someone will turn up soon.

One guy did. Had a look at it and drived off.

No one else turned up.

I didnt paddle out- gutted.

GUess im getting old and sensible
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:12 pm

danny1 wrote:saw my arse today.

Only one in the farm yard at dawn.

Solid over head ++
with
Double overhead +
sets

"shit wrong board"

Wind a bit funky

Started getting a bit scared- had a word with myself. Got suited up and ran over the reef.

Just about to paddel out and huge set came through.

Shit myself and wenbt back to the van thinking someone will turn up soon.

One guy did. Had a look at it and drived off.

No one else turned up.

I didnt paddle out- gutted.

GUess im getting old and sensible

Better to be able to tell that story than to not be able to tell it...
we've all had those sessions when it's been way out of our comfort zone, and if you start panicking you'll end up in a bad situation
Then again I remember my first paddle out into overhead waves and that scared the shit out of me and I Ioved it, but I've since surfed similar height waves that for whatever reason made me think I shouldn't be out there
Jeff clark (while admittedly superhuman) managed to surf mavericks alone for 15 years, so it's got to be a mental game more than anything else

psychological musings aside, I didn't paddle out either today, but because it was too small not too big. :evil:
Tomdiddlybomb

Postby danny1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Had kids all day - took em past the beach at about 8 then 12- looked like it might clean up for mid tide and afford me 2 hrs in the sea. Dropped kids off at mum in laws. Beach looked ok but thought point might be better but smaller. There was a few coming thru but though beach was better. Went back to beach. Now looking shitter than the point. Went back to point. Looked pap still. Got talking to Ben. He amped me up into getting changed. Got wettie half on. Looked shite. Drive back over to beach. Still shite. Drove home .
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:38 am

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fucking hate it
ATTMFKH

Postby dermo909 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:32 am

Perfect peeling shoulder high waves at my local and I could'nt get my act together to actually get down the face of them. It was just one of those days where nothing came together!

Just last week I had one of my best surfs in ages in exactly the same conditions. Just one of those things I suppose!
dermo909

Postby tootes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:16 pm

dermo909 wrote:Perfect peeling shoulder high waves at my local and I could'nt get my act together to actually get down the face of them. It was just one of those days where nothing came together!

Just last week I had one of my best surfs in ages in exactly the same conditions. Just one of those things I suppose!

had one of those days, must have caught 30 odd waves and I was out of position for nearly all of them, chasing sections, too deep yadda yadda yadda, best wave I got caught in the lip on my first turn and never recovered the face. Should have seen it coming when the wind picked up 5 mins after getting in. My single fin felt a bit heavy after a few surfs on the quad. My feet were cold too.
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby Leven » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:43 pm

For Fucks Sake. Why oh why, on a 7 mile stretch of beach, when you've got a peak ON YOUR OWN, do 3 guys paddle out and sit right next to you?!?!?!?!
Leven

Postby Black » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Must be your magnetic personality! :-)
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby flacky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:06 am

You cannot surf with a bad back...

Tried and failed yesterday. Came off my skateboard hard last weekend, Frontside feeble grind, leaning back, board spins out, straight down onto the coping. Really need to remember I haven't skated properly in over 15 years...

30 mins in yesterday and I was done.
Few decent rides ruined by blatant drop ins.

Not my best day.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:03 pm

old age doesn't come alone Flacky :lol:

At least you got in - we had a last minute East coast call off due to the wind - wasn't too fussed as my head was still bouncing from a cocktail frenzy all Saturday :puke:
ATTMFKH

Postby Burler » Mon May 04, 2015 5:07 pm

South bay in Scarbados last week went thus. Forecast was 2ft with northerly winds but this should be shielded by the harbour. Was half a foot at best when i got there but I thought there was a nice bar kicking up some larger sets. Got in, turned out to be a big pile of fucking rocks. Spent an hour looking like a twat before driving home. Get home and I left my keys in the car park which still havent turned up. So radical!
Burler

Postby Philshoz » Tue May 05, 2015 5:19 am

Burler wrote: Get home and I left my keys in the car park which still havent turned up. So radical!

Keys, hood, gloves......jeez mate wtf.

No response to my glove gift so I'm guessing they were too small?
Philshoz

Postby Burler » Tue May 05, 2015 6:03 am

Philshoz wrote:
Burler wrote: Get home and I left my keys in the car park which still havent turned up. So radical!

Keys, hood, gloves......jeez mate wtf.

No response to my glove gift so I'm guessing they were too small?

Tell me about it. They havent arrived yet! Didn't want to hassle you about where they were as it was a favour. I got a message I had something to collect so I'm hoping they're there today
Burler

Postby Vince Noir » Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Burler wrote:South bay in Scarbados last week went thus. Forecast was 2ft with northerly winds but this should be shielded by the harbour. Was half a foot at best when i got there but I thought there was a nice bar kicking up some larger sets. Got in, turned out to be a big pile of fucking rocks. Spent an hour looking like a twat before driving home. Get home and I left my keys in the car park which still havent turned up. So radical!

shouldn't laugh but this is kind of funny. S bay is dire. Only rarely worth surfing.That said i did watch an old boy on a log pull under the lip on a decent sized wave last time i surfed there.

its always a hell of a lot smaller than the swell thats running. especially right in the corner
Vince Noir

Postby future primitive » Tue May 05, 2015 3:11 pm

Vince Noir wrote:
Burler wrote:South bay in Scarbados last week went thus. Forecast was 2ft with northerly winds but this should be shielded by the harbour. Was half a foot at best when i got there but I thought there was a nice bar kicking up some larger sets. Got in, turned out to be a big pile of fucking rocks. Spent an hour looking like a twat before driving home. Get home and I left my keys in the car park which still havent turned up. So radical!

shouldn't laugh but this is kind of funny. S bay is dire. Only rarely worth surfing.That said i did watch an old boy on a log pull under the lip on a decent sized wave last time i surfed there.

its always a hell of a lot smaller than the swell thats running. especially right in the corner

it was cracking in there late sunday arvo/early evening,first light monday morning was ok to,SE swell getting in properly
future primitive

Postby Vince Noir » Tue May 05, 2015 7:01 pm

yeah I'll take a look on a SE. gave it a miss as i had some work to do and was spending monday in Dalby anyway 8)
Vince Noir

Postby Burler » Wed May 06, 2015 10:53 am

Vince Noir wrote:

North bay was total mush so I thought I'd give it a go. I've had some nice sessions at South bay, really nice slow rollers but 0.5ft is really pushing it!

Oh, and laugh all you want, I figure that's what this whole forum thread is for :lol:
Burler

Postby Black » Sun May 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Surfed like an octogenarian today. :roll:
Black

Postby Philshoz » Wed May 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Surfed like a sexygenarian today, too much wind.
Philshoz

Postby Philshoz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:36 am

Don't know where to start.

Got a meeting at 11.00 so up early, strong coffee, check BdT webcam, sorted. Off to ST for an early check, chucking it down, get soaked, it's borderline but hey.
Suit up and off we go. A super squall comes through and now it's not looking so good. Back to the van, off to BdT to check that out but it's blown-out mayhem.

Back to ST and in we go, along with three hot groms. Can't buy a decent wave, fed up, get out. On the cliff top chatting to a mate it's cleaning up now and the sets look good but don't have time.

Rush home to find a text saying can she change the rendezvous to 14.00.......FFS, could have stayed in. Hashtag grumpyoldgit..
Philshoz

Postby Black » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:51 pm

^^^ Those types of day are not pleasant!

And today's surf was UTTER PANTS!
At least I got some exercise as I spent most of it paddling.
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:11 pm

John Wayne's an arsehole :evil:
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Surely John Wayne is big leggy!

Managed to topple off the front of my board whilst jamming my index finger under the gopro bending it backwards from the joint - ahhhghhhh! :lol: :lol:
At the end of the session was paddling back out for ages and suddenly realised I was going backwards fast, stood up and I was knee deep! :roll: Turned around and there were a couple of kids in the shallows looking at me like, what the hell??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Black

Postby Philshoz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 pm

Black wrote:
Managed to topple off the front of my board whilst jamming my index finger under the gopro bending it backwards from the joint - ahhhghhhh! :lol: :lol:
At the end of the session was paddling back out for ages and suddenly realised I was going backwards fast, stood up and I was knee deep! :roll: Turned around and there were a couple of kids in the shallows looking at me like, what the hell??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any better today Black??

Had an afternoon session with the masses, jeez, where did they learn to surf? You paddle for a wave and are faced with a row of rabbits in headlights incapable of moving to the side to let you through. According to French folklore they all sod off after the 15th, here's hoping :roll:
Philshoz

PreviousNext

Return to General