had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby Chris F » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Underdog wrote:i guess it was a just a case of force majeure.

What suspension of work due to circumstances beyond your control? :twisted:
Chris F

Postby surfrat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:57 am

I'm sat in the office all morning looking at the buoy reading climb, nearshore chart shows a good helping of green hitting the coast...bunk out a bit early (got told off this morning!)....get to beach and...

chest high sloppy shit! again. swell started to come in once tide was too full. Poor forecasting MSW! lets hope you don't cock up this weekend. I'll have typically low expectations for my last weekend of mid wales surfing.
surfrat

Postby midnightwolf » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:32 am

How about getting beaten up by waves then a crap evening at work? lol im only a beginner (and im only 5'2" tall) so that session that started as 5ft at 14 secs (the biggest if tried so far anyways) turned to 5ft at 5 secs it kinda put a stop to things :P im paying for it today... ouuuuccccchhhh.
oh well at least im now consistently catching waves and soooo nearly standing!!! (and know i can take a beating :P)
midnightwolf

Postby pod » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:45 pm

i was shit today at the east coast's worst kept secret. really shit.
pod

Postby danny1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:25 pm

how were the waves?
danny1

Postby pod » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:33 pm

the waves were lumpy but seemingly enjoyable for some of the more competent surfers around me. it was me that was shit. really shit.
pod

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:55 pm

no no maybe aye , naw , no naw aye maybe x 20 then home ...... should've gone in , got hit with a pile of do this do that when I got home :evil:
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:22 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:no no maybe aye , naw , no naw aye maybe x 20 then home ...... should've gone in , got hit with a pile of do this do that when I got home :evil:
You thinking of playing away???
Black

Postby danny1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:05 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:no no maybe aye , naw , no naw aye maybe x 20 then home ...... should've gone in , got hit with a pile of do this do that when I got home :evil:

hahahah east or west?
danny1

Postby roberdy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:46 pm

you feckers dinnae ken fan ye've got it good, ah'm sitting in a very Bates Motel-esque Villa in a place called Ronningen about 30kms south of Stockholm, it is windy and raining and bloody cold and too far from any waves for me to care, the manager is camper than a row of pink fluffy tents and I have another 7 hour workshop on Quality Management tomorrow (which I know fuck all about), then back to London tomorrow night to sit through a new hires seminar on being a good corporate drone for the man and then another flight back to Scotland on Friday just in time to miss the best of the swell and with enough time to wash a few shirts and undercrackers and get back on the merry-go-round again on Monday.

Hoo-fricken-raar

(I guess the thought of Xmas in Portugal or Moo-roc is keeping me going though...)
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Black wrote:
You thinking of playing away???

:lol: :lol: Black - know where you're heads at .......

Danny - West

Roberdy - I'm sitting in the Crown Plaza in Brussels in their cheesy white dressing gown watching Real Madrid Vs AC Milan ...... Ronaldo's a diving c*nt ! Typical , nice wee pulse rolls down the East Coast , most gone when I'm back late Friday night, then picks up again over the weekend just in time for me to get the guilty vibe for being away all week then going surfing straight away........ :?
ATTMFKH

Postby danny1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:51 pm

I am working into the night (it 23.47) to clear my desk so i can surf all day tomorrow and half of thurs. Then got a pitch at the other side of the country at 2pm thurs before returning for friday's surf. Then down to wales for family shizzle sat sun..so my responsees are .........yee ha...oh shit..yee ha.. oh shit
danny1

Postby Archy_is_God » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Hope it was worth it Danny (and not too rammed!) :-D
Archy_is_God

Postby pod » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Gay waves, a parking ticket and a knackered board bag zip this morning. I'm not doing right well at the moment. At least it wasn't all my fault this time. That bay's fucking annoying sometimes.
pod

Postby swiggy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:56 am

A kayaker dropped in on me on the wave of the day yesterday, broke 2 inches off the nose of my board. His excuse was sorry I was trying to pull off the wave. I was flying down the line, it was overhead, fast and pretty hollow, he just looked at me and paddled for it anyway, nothing I could do but dive over him and try to kick my board away from him and his plastic boat, pity it didnt hit him in the fuckin head really. Got a bruised arm from his paddle. Annoying thing was he could actually ride waves ok (apart from being a shoulder hopper, the peak itself was pretty hollow), he wasnt totally incompetent at wave-riding just clueless about manners, and there were only 3 of us out apart from him at a break where there were 200 yard righthanders, not exactly crowded.

He went in straight after apologising, obviously felt bad but it was a ridiculous thing to happen in the first place, he had been paddling for waves on the shoulder and collapsing sections all morning, just a dick really. What can you do?
swiggy

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:06 am

swiggy wrote:A kayaker dropped in on me on the wave of the day yesterday, broke 2 inches off the nose of my board. His excuse was sorry I was trying to pull off the wave. I was flying down the line, it was overhead, fast and pretty hollow, he just looked at me and paddled for it anyway, nothing I could do but dive over him and try to kick my board away from him and his plastic boat, pity it didnt hit him in the fuckin head really. Got a bruised arm from his paddle. Annoying thing was he could actually ride waves ok (apart from being a shoulder hopper, the peak itself was pretty hollow), he wasnt totally incompetent at wave-riding just clueless about manners, and there were only 3 of us out apart from him at a break where there were 200 yard righthanders, not exactly crowded.

He went in straight after apologising, obviously felt bad but it was a ridiculous thing to happen in the first place, he had been paddling for waves on the shoulder and collapsing sections all morning, just a dick really. What can you do?

3 rapid to his chin followed by a repair bill :twisted:
ATTMFKH

Postby Chris F » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:07 am

swiggy wrote: What can you do?

Stab him in the face with a soldering iron.
Chris F

Postby Werwulf1919 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:25 am

Utter crap this morning...messy crap and cold...oh well.

http://edsartspace.blogspot.com/
Werwulf1919

Postby Vince Noir » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 pm

woke up late twice in a row

not had a surf for a month lol
Vince Noir

Postby gnarlycharley » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 pm

West swell, light offshores. Get a call; the usual spot is 'shoulder high and clean' - and probably rammed methinks. So trying to be clever I head off in the other direction in thick fog to a west facing beach. When I arrive I can't even see the waves the fog is so thick, but conditions are ideal so in I go... Hmmm, lot of white water & no-one else out. Could be good. 30 long minutes later I'm still battling the white water and another hundred yards further down the beach... Knackered and defeated I submit to the paddle of shame and head back to the car. Definitely picked the wrong spot today.
gnarlycharley

Postby Underdog » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Godrevy
Car park was a clue - saw one guy drive around tha back of some old couple to nick the space they were reversing into and another screech to a halt in one of the only 2 disabled spots in the car park - both were surfers. (well they had surfboards on the roof :roll: )

The vibe in the water was much the same.

Thank fuck these twats are never there when it's raining or on/cross shore.

Actually. I'm only sulking cos I'm totally match unfit and couldn't cut it in the line up. :oops: Got one goodun and made it around a section that seemed to be about 50 foot long (much to the surprise of the booger who dropped in on the end of it :lol: ) To give him his due he did pull out as soon as I nudged him in the ribs with the nose of the fish LOL.
Underdog

Postby roberdy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:02 pm

bollocks, too mashed yesterday to get in the water and spent today battling a northerly cross shore rip @ about 3 knots and only caught about 5 shit waves, worse I reckon the next place that would have been surfable and decent is about 100 miles away :(
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Goat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:29 pm

I swear im getting worse and worse with every surf. In fact i can only thnk of 2 sessions in the last 3 months which have been 'enjoyable'. Think my expectations for how good i want to/should be are just way too high. Thought id take out the log today after not surfing it for months. Was ok, not really used to it, but had a couple of decent rights. The early wave entry and glide have been missed!

Then switched back to my puffin, which ive been using for ages. Didnt catch one wave. Just one big paddle fest laced with miss after miss after nosedive. To be fair the conditions werent brilliant, but feeling wholly jaded right now.
Goat

Postby Jim Birtwisle » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:47 am

Going back a while but just as the seas were getting cold and before I got my hooded vest I took out the short stick in messy, overhead, super short wind swell. 4 duck dives and my body couldn't take it any more. Never got out back and it was a long miserable drive home. Left me needing a smaller clean day on the mal to remind myself that I can actually surf!
Jim Birtwisle

Postby jiggie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Monday Blues ... had a crap surf on sunday Just white water to be had :cry: and to top it off a naging GF ... Now sat in work wanting to get back in so i can have my fix for the week ... :roll:
jiggie

Postby danny1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:48 pm

supposed to be surfing clean 3ft swell right now....... but van isnt starting for some reason!
danny1

Postby jiggie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Burn the van and get a taxi ... :lol:
jiggie

Postby Underdog » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:32 pm

danny1 wrote:supposed to be surfing clean 3ft swell right now....... but van isnt starting for some reason!

It's probably sulking cos you threatened to sell it. :?
Underdog

Postby danny1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:04 pm

hahahah!! you know what maybe you are right?? kinda like herby
danny1

Postby tootes » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Danny,

I was up your way today for a meeting in Hougton le Spring. Very nearly did a 4am start for a dawny before the 11am meeting and decided there was too much wind about. Was it ok then?

Just read the Cayton eyeball - should have gone :(
tootes

PreviousNext

Return to General