had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: had rubbish surf (still better then good day at work)

Postby dixie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:10 am

putsbourough friday evening pea soup thick fog

not a single wave caught...........BUT A SNEAK SET ON MY HEAD 1 ,,,,2,,,,3...TIMES all went black pulling on my leash to get air in my chest

not a happy bunny, belly boarded in. stood on beach shaking for 10 mins

went back to appartment to sulk :oops: :cry:

closest ive been yet

next day,,,,AWESOME SESH
dixie

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Fucking bastard ............... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhh :evil: mixed up breaking miles out utter wankstorm ...... £1.38 per litre makes it worse
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Today ranks as one of the worst surfs of my life! It really looked like there were waves and I had the whole place to myself. Only one crap wave in over an hour. :cry:
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Here I sit again. Vicariously surfing someone elses session as I watch a smudge of black pixels blur it's way across a stuttering wave. One minute I'm on a longboard at Saunton, next I'm pumping down the line at Fistral. I never make it out back in Bude and I can't even stand up in the whitewater at watergate, or am I bodyboarding!!

Not a bad session. I love those no wind days, sitting here in my living room. Least I can taste the salt water. In my tears. :-(
Poo Stance

Postby Ferral » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 am

70 quid for half a dozen thigh high log waves courtesy of a cracked windscreen on the way home. I wasnt even going to bother and I only surfed for twenty minutes cos i was too tired fronm the dawnie.. thats £3.50 a minute.. :evil: :lol:
Ferral

Postby danny1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:49 am

Poo Stance wrote:Here I sit again. Vicariously surfing someone elses session as I watch a smudge of black pixels blur it's way across a stuttering wave. One minute I'm on a longboard at Saunton, next I'm pumping down the line at Fistral. I never make it out back in Bude and I can't even stand up in the whitewater at watergate, or am I bodyboarding!!

Not a bad session. I love those no wind days, sitting here in my living room. Least I can taste the salt water. In my tears. :-(

that is classic
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby roberdy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:16 am

fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bastard fricken charts, all of them looked good, then feck all waves and way strong winds, goddamfrickeneastcoastshit!!! Even the chart that looked god for Tuesday is now bang northerly winds and snow, cnuts!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby skimmer2 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:38 am

roberdy wrote:fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bastard fricken charts, all of them looked good, then feck all waves and way strong winds, goddamfrickeneastcoastshit!!! Even the chart that looked god for Tuesday is now bang northerly winds and snow, cnuts!

Oh jings.....not a good weekend for you by the looks of it. Started not so bad down here at BH but soon the wind picked up and it got dumpy on the shore. Not the worst by any means but not the best that's for sure. Few guys getting loads of waves so just me being cack by the looks of it. Bumped into ATT and Harki - good to put faces to names :-) By the time I got out the wind was a brewin up pretty strong.
skimmer2

Postby roberdy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:32 am

aye min bloody frustrating tbh. No worries, there will always be more waves ! Actually looking at next weekend and thinking about coming south instead of heading north as the missus is away for the wkend. It's either that or boozing and partying :)
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby skimmer2 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 pm

roberdy wrote:aye min bloody frustrating tbh. No worries, there will always be more waves ! Actually looking at next weekend and thinking about coming south instead of heading north as the missus is away for the wkend. It's either that or boozing and partying :)

I mentioned swapping a board today to the Mrs.....in the dog house now :lol: :lol: :lol:
skimmer2

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:17 pm

skimmer2 wrote:
roberdy wrote:aye min bloody frustrating tbh. No worries, there will always be more waves ! Actually looking at next weekend and thinking about coming south instead of heading north as the missus is away for the wkend. It's either that or boozing and partying :)

I mentioned swapping a board today to the Mrs.....in the dog house now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would that be my McCoy :mrgreen:
ATTMFKH

Postby skimmer2 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:23 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
skimmer2 wrote:

Would that be my McCoy :mrgreen:

Think shorter and with a big v tail :D The Mrs has mellowed a bit which is good...swapsies fine as long as it doesn't cost :wink:

How long did you stay in for? Wind really picked up. Seems most folk on carpets were doing well :lol: :lol:
skimmer2

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:53 pm

we were on the marsh when you were just going up the hill at the other side - met a girl Karen we knew and chatted for 20 mins that's how we missed you in the car park
ATTMFKH

Postby skimmer2 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:we were on the marsh when you were just going up the hill at the other side - met a girl Karen we knew and chatted for 20 mins that's how we missed you in the car park

Bumped into her too...she said Friday was really good :evil: :evil:
skimmer2

Postby Underdog » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:48 pm

skimmer2 wrote: The Mrs has mellowed a bit which is good...swapsies fine as long as it doesn't cost :wink:

You sure you're still on the right Forum !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Godrevy; Just like surfing. but smaller (and without the power)
Underdog

Postby skimmer2 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:27 pm

NIce sunny day and offshore but swell had dropped down way too much to be any good.
skimmer2

Postby zboy » Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 am

had one surf in 2 weeks and the whole of indo was going off it times like that you wish you had a sponsor
zboy

Postby CaliSurfer » Fri May 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Lousey surf yesterday. The swell has been good but the wind just won't cooperate after work. The forecast for today is looking a lot better. It was still nice to get out though.
CaliSurfer

Postby H3X » Fri May 04, 2012 9:41 pm

I went out tonight, the swell was way too rough for me today. I think i only stood on the board 3-4 times and spent the other hour doing backflips under water; poor kook!
H3X

Postby Jasedrummer » Fri May 04, 2012 11:35 pm

A rubbish surf would be brilliant at the moment......it's been ages and it looks like a long time until some swell will hit the uk again....
Jasedrummer

Postby mountain man » Sat May 05, 2012 8:29 am

Hmmm Monday should see a messy wave for the SW, with maybe some proper swell mid week. Getting desperate here!
mountain man

Postby freebird54 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:37 am

Even Fanning left Snapper yesterday to surf burleigh which was all time yesterday [and uncrowded] - most 10 point rides ever in a local contest

Check snapper crowds now [holiday today]

http://www.swellnet.com.au/surfcams/snapper-rocks

and some pics - check his albums for today and yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 844&type=1

Shieldsy the photographer was on a jetski shooting into the tube so they will be in the mags soon.
freebird54

Postby Chris F » Mon May 07, 2012 7:41 am

What has that got to do with having a rubbish surf?

Roger Irrelevant strikes again.
Chris F

Postby mountain man » Mon May 07, 2012 9:28 am

Indeed, his infatuation with all things Aussie getting a bit tedious as well.
mountain man

Postby Chris F » Mon May 07, 2012 9:54 am

Getting a bit tedious? Understatement if ever there was one.
Chris F

Postby danny1 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:48 pm

missed out on surf yesterday due to hangover- so rubbish surf
danny1

Postby zboy » Mon May 07, 2012 8:03 pm

still no surf, water water every where but not a wave in site :-)
zboy

Postby skimmer2 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 am

First time out for a while....big steep head high sets coming in as the tide draws back.....what I usually hate most! One head high and a half set on my head....got trashed and winded with the board right into my side.....grasping for air...resurfaced and another big mother once again on the head.....swallowed water this time. Dizzy, sore and feeling kind of sick so got to shore for a rest....and then headed back home. On the way back got into a swearing match with arsehole horseriders racing their steeds along the beach. Not a good day.
skimmer2

Postby danny1 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:11 am

not really a rubbish surf but more of a whinge about beachbreaks.

perfect quality swell. offshore. but just close outs. good to practive fast take offs but thats all. hate beach breaks
danny1

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun May 13, 2012 2:53 pm

skimmer2 wrote:First time out for a while....big steep head high sets coming in as the tide draws back.....what I usually hate most! One head high and a half set on my head....got trashed and winded with the board right into my side.....grasping for air...resurfaced and another big mother once again on the head.....swallowed water this time. Dizzy, sore and feeling kind of sick so got to shore for a rest....and then headed back home. On the way back got into a swearing match with arsehole horseriders racing their steeds along the beach. Not a good day.

good to get a kickin' once in a while ...... stops complacency :mrgreen:

wind was too mental over here today , would have been head high but with a brutal paddle out & sketchy in / out.......
ATTMFKH

PreviousNext

Return to General