Calling Manchester surfers

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Calling Manchester surfers

Postby sideepinthetube » Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Anyone living in Manchester that is up for any surf trips please drop me a line, I surf as often as possible, have a big van that usually has 2 spare seats, shortly it will become a campervan with even more seats! I love to surf and conditions permitting will drive anywhere to snag a wave! I am also up for a few beers and surf banter of evening...
sideepinthetube

Re: Calling Manchester surfers

Postby Redbrick » Sat May 28, 2011 6:24 am

I am based in Sheffield, so if your heading to east coast I would be interested
Redbrick

Postby JediSurfer13 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:06 pm

me too :-)
JediSurfer13

Postby curlycurlz » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:43 pm

on facebook search for mmusurf theres loads of students and non students from manchester on there who surf
curlycurlz

Postby sarah90 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi i'm also in Manchester, i'm a beginner but have been dying to try out surfing for years i've just never been able to find anyone else who's interested to drag along with me! Gonna book a few lessons on the east coast in the next few weeks (got family in Yorkshire so usually over that way once a month) then once i can get to my feet i'll be looking for buddies to surf with. I don't drive or have my own board yet but if anyone reading this is heading anywhere there's a rental place and wouldn't mind a beginner tagging along (will of course contribute towards petrol) then please gimme a shout :-)
sarah90

Postby briancla05 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Hello there,

getting ahead of myself here but i am an irish lad moving to leeds next august and would be keen to meet up with people heading to east coast (scarborough etc) and further afield such as the west country and wales for longer trips. No vehicle yet but would be up for sharing expenses with people for trips.

cheers
brian
briancla05

Postby philipau » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 am

Hi

Anyone still looking for a buddy from Manchester to share road trips with?? I'm in the same boat, would love to get out more but sometimes the drive puts me off. Be nice to take it easy have a chat and snack along the way.

I live central manchester, have a big car and a GSOH (ha!). PM if you're interested, want to have a chat or a coffee or just head off!! Sunday anyone??

Phil
philipau

Postby JediSurfer13 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:10 pm

philipau wrote:Hi

Anyone still looking for a buddy from Manchester to share road trips with?? I'm in the same boat, would love to get out more but sometimes the drive puts me off. Be nice to take it easy have a chat and snack along the way.

I live central manchester, have a big car and a GSOH (ha!). PM if you're interested, want to have a chat or a coffee or just head off!! Sunday anyone??

Phil

would you mind taking a detour via sheffield tomorrow?
:wink:
It's all in the balance, man
JediSurfer13

Postby bluyan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:43 pm

would normally pick up en route jedi but sheffield makes the trip a right pain in the arse...surely there must be a few in your area :roll:
hopfully see you out some time...and don't forget your flask :-) ...
cheers
i t b.. :wink:
bluyan

Postby JediSurfer13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 pm

any train staions on the way i could meet you at, would that be psoosible? easy enough for me on the train with my plank.
It's all in the balance, man
JediSurfer13

Postby bluyan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:55 pm

I'll see what's what next time I think I can get out....the plank ain't a problem :roll: :-) .....tis a bit few and far between lately so don't hold your breath...
bluyan

Postby blondieb » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:44 pm

It's very likely that I will be going to Scarborough north or cayton on Monday from Manchester (chadderton) If anyone is interested in braving the cold PM me.

Matt
blondieb

Postby blondieb » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:42 am

Rightho! nobody took me up on my offer last week and although it took an age to get there due to accidents on the A64 it was well worth the trip. Overhead on the sets, fantastically clean and only a guy from leeds and myself surfing pumphouse (two other guys in the whitewater down the beach).

So looking at the forecast; friday looks promising - anybody up for it?

Matt
blondieb

Postby xalwayswins » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm in central Manchester too but I traded my car for a motorbike a couple months ago so it's a bit difficult for me to take my board out to decent spots these days, so anybody with a car in Manchester heading to Scarborough/Wales/even Scotland, I beg of you, MESSAGE ME AND TAKE ME WITH YOU! :-D To be fair, even anybody who's planning to head out on the train on a weekend should give me a shout, it's pretty rare to find any surfers in Manchester and it would be awesome to just travel down with someone like-minded
xalwayswins

Postby blondieb » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 am

Im going over to scarborough on thursday happy to share with anyone interested, afraid i havent got the roofrack so short boards (will fit in the car) or if you have a softrack can take whatever.

Will be leaving from chadderton early am......
blondieb

Postby pgentwistle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:54 pm

hey are people still looking? i used to surf a while ago but had to give it up when i moved to lancashire, now im looking to get back on it and need a buddy to share the trips with :) im in the middle of getting my new board and i have the rest of the gear :)
pgentwistle

Postby blondieb » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Hey guys, I have used this forum a few times now and Enjoyed a good trip from Manc to Scarborough last month on a car share. It's definitely the way forward if you have to travel long distances. There are a couple of sites devoted to this now but the best one seems to be www.surfermates.com it's worth checking out.
blondieb

Postby lostboy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Really? :roll: :roll:
Kill. Destroy. Plunder.
lostboy

Postby seanbish » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Anyone up for an early one tomorrow? Manchester to Angelsey or Hells Mouth. Offshore 2-3ft, looks like it's worth getting over there for...some small but fun waves.

I'm in south Manchester, and would be keen on any trips over the next few weeks.

Cheers

Sean
seanbish

Postby Surfersilverboy » Fri May 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Im a surfer living in the Manchester area and would be keen to speak with anyone who is up for sharing lifts down to Devon and or Cornwall.

Regards

Chapee
Surfersilverboy

Postby rorydinho » Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 am

Chapee, I used to do Manchester to the SW and back around twice monthly.

No longer have a car - and I now live in Cornwall (currently in Manchester though) - I am always up for sharing a lift.

Rory
rorydinho

Return to Ride Share