Midlands Surfers??

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Midlands Surfers??

Postby mouse01 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Hello... Any surfers based in the Midlands area looking to share lifts down south? I'm based in Birmingham but happy to pick people up on the way.
mouse01

Re: Midlands Surfers??

Postby bigfeller » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 pm

I'm in Stourport.

Regular spots are the Severn Bore,Gower, N.Devon, occasionally mid/north Wales or Scarbs area.

I have a Zafira, no roof bars yet, as I only bought it recently. I don't need them because I'm a bodyboarder, but I reckon a 7 or 8 ft board would fit inside the car.

I'm on the Bore at least 1 day every month, and on the coast for a couple of days at least every month as well. I'm more than happy to provide lifts or go in someone else's car, whichever is easier. But I tend to travel in the wee small hours to make the most of the daylight hours on the coast.
bigfeller

Postby davidttt » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:31 pm

I'm from nottingham, 27, and frustrated with my distance from the sea^@££$! and plan to go a fair bit this year (or ill never improve). Looking for a ride or people to share the petrol in mine. I have some straps that i tie my 7'6 board on the roof with. Still learning, but the important thing is i can drive. I'd like to go to north devon, or wales if people some good spots.

lets fill a car!

dave
davidttt

Postby twinfin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm

i live in leicester age 40 going on 18 i ride a 6'8" funboard in the summer when im fitter and a 7'2" in the winter not as fit heavier suit boots and gloves surf east coast scarborough saltburn filey , gower , north devon and cornwall just in the proccess of buying a new car as my van is off the road but i do get to borrow the wifes car every other weekend and i do a lift share with a guy from nottingham happy to lift share to split costs hoping to do some cornish weekends this year 07711 691184 kevin.
twinfin

Postby mouse01 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi guys... great to know that there are more of us stuck in the middle of the country! I'm hoping to get some day trips in before the end of March as I'm off to Morocco so if you're interested email me at r.seyler@live.co.uk

Cheers
Rachel
mouse01

Postby doubleoverfred » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Hello fellow midlanders, I'm in Notts and have a car. Usually surf Scarborough but try to get down to Devon aswell (on route at the moment so hope the wind isn't too strong tomorrow morning!)

Anybody up for breaking into the watersports centre? I reckon they have a standing wave in the whitewater section, google map it!

Are any of you the severely pissed guy I met at a cashpoint last weekend who was going surfing? I still have the 47 pence you insisted on giving me for a cigarette if you want it back 8)

perlongatory@gmail.com
doubleoverfred

Postby davidttt » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:15 am

maybe a facebook group for nottingham surfer is in order! might make communication a bit more regular like
davidttt

Postby chrispynoel » Tue May 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey there guys!
I live in Stafford and have been looking for ages to find other people who want to go for a surf! I'm not very good but just wanna go down to the water and get into it. Will help with petrol costs!! Anyone fancy organising something let me know!
Cheers and hope to hear from anyone! :-D
chrispynoel

Postby twinfin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:43 pm

im heading to cornwall next weekend looking at leaving leicester friday night and returning sunday camping at crantock heading down to pick up my new 6'4" ko with swallow tail will only cancell if the condition are totally pants you can get me on 07711 691184
twinfin

Postby finsout78 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:26 am

I'm in Walsall :-( It would be nice to split fuel costs with anyone that fancies it. Just send me a PM. Thanks.
finsout78

Postby unocheekin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Hello all....

Im going to Cornwall in two weeks time leaving saturday night. There is room for two and a couple extra boards. My email is wakkadoo@live.com driving from Scotland so petrol money would rock!! :-D
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
unocheekin

Postby mouse01 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi all
I have just set up a club in the West Midlands for people into extreme sports, more of a social thing at this stage to exchange contacts and organise your own trips as otherwise the insurance would cost a fortune! Look it up on Facebook - Extreme Sports Central. We meet at the Fighting Cocks in Moseley, Birmingham, every Wednesday at 8pm. Hope to see you there!
mouse01

Postby bigfeller » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Joined it a couple of days ago.

Neil
bigfeller

Postby hotlemon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi,

I live in Birmingham and am looking for anyone interested in sharing trips to surf. I've got a fairly big car with double surf straps so could fit 4-6 boards. Anyone interested, let me know.
hotlemon

Postby mouse01 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:19 am

Hi all... an update on the Surf club: we now have a website!! www.extremesportscentral.co.uk and about 80 members on Facebook! We are meeting up weekly so if you ever fancy coming along please do! Everyone is very friendly and laid back so look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers
Rachel
extremesportscentral@live.co.uk
mouse01

Postby Adam mid surfer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Hello everyone

I have joined magicseaweed today but have been using the web site for a while. I am really pleased to see how many of us are in the midlands and need to get to the coast more often. I have a small group of friends who are a little interested in surfing but they are not willing to go to the coast as much as I would like.

Is their any people who would be interested in car pooling to the coast? I am generally up for surfing most weekends but have a couple of commitments until the end of the month.

I live in a place called Daventry at the moment, the closest towns are Leaminton, Rugby and Northamplton. I have a car, roof straps and all my own stuff so hire is no issue. I also have free accommodation in Croyde and Saltburn. I am just looking for like minded people to share the petrol surf with. We are all in the same boat so it would be great to take trips together. Plus it will reduce are carbon footprint if that is your thing. I just want as much time in the water as possible

Hope to hear from some of you, I will be logging in often now I have found this site

Adam
Adam mid surfer

Postby doubleoverfred » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 am

Hiya Adam,

I'm in Notts and am up for car sharing, roof straps are the only thing I'm missing as I usually go alone and throw the board on the front seat. Drop me a message if your going Scarborough direction or maybe I could pick you up for a trip to the South West.

Cheers
doubleoverfred

Postby Gina Laibinis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Hello landlocked surfers, anyone living in Hereford that enjoys surfing all year round?
Gina Laibinis

Postby fizzer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 pm

hello - I live near brum and try and get to puts or saunton any weekend conditions look reasonable, looking to share petrol costs/drive - up for other places cars bit of a nail but does the job anyone interested?

fiz
fizzer

Postby pst » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi everyone. I'm based in Lichfield, and am looking to get to the coast once a month at least. I have a focus with roof bars and would be more than happy to car share. Give me a PM on here or email me at poor_scouser_tommy@hotmail.co.uk
Cheers,
Paul.
pst

Postby sashadrozd1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Hello!

I am based in Birminham (Moseley/Solihull), and looking to get back into surfing again. Have a car, but it's playing up lately, and need to bring the roof bars from Ireland, but happy to share lifts/petrol money, and need to get to know some like minded people.
sashadrozd1

Postby Danny83 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi.....I live in Gloucester, so far from a beach, it hurts... (but right by the m5!!!)
I got all the kit, boards, suits, roof racks, im looking for a lift to the beach. Iv been surfing here and there for about two years, but becuase im so far away im still not that great... if anyone could help get near a beach, email me, or facebook me (Danny Barthorpe)
Danny83

Postby mouse01 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:03 am

Sasha - hope to see you at the club soon! Danny - if you join Extreme Sports Central on Facebook and want to come on any of the surfing trips we can always pick you up en route, we stop at Tewksbury already for a mate so its no hassle to pick you up too!
mouse01

Postby dubsurfer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:25 pm

up for lift share from wolverhampton have a t4 van with rack
dubsurfer

Postby skasteppa » Thu May 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey everyone,
Ive just come back from a weeks surf school and really want to continue learning now im back in the UK- is anyone based in Staffordshire and would like to share petrol to a beginner friendly spot?Im based in Stoke on Trent- ill supply the oatcakes if you supply the wheels! :-)
Cheers!
Chris
You tell me how can it work in this all white law
What a short sharp lesson,
What a third world war
skasteppa

Postby pst » Fri May 14, 2010 3:55 pm

If you can get to Lichfield I can hook you up with a lift Chris.
pst

Postby skasteppa » Fri May 14, 2010 4:52 pm

hey PST,
Really? thatd be great! Im a beginner but dont want to lose what ive learnt and am thoroughly addicted, are you going anywhere where there is a school i can practice or atleast a beginners spot where i can rent board and wetsuit?
Thats really kind, hope to hear from you soon!
Chris
What a third world war
skasteppa

Postby pst » Sun May 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi Skasteppa.
Yeah no problem mate, be good to get down more regularly. I'm pretty much a beginner myself, so you'll be sound riding with me. Probably get down to Newquay or Croyde. Anywhere really.
pst

Postby skasteppa » Sun May 16, 2010 10:26 pm

mate thats great news thanks!
When are you looking to get down i work some weekends but can book them off pretty easy if i have a few weeks notice?
If youre on Facebook come over and add me under Christopher Guest (a drawing is my profile pic) and lets get it sorted, really looking forward to it!
Cheers
Chris
What a third world war
skasteppa

Postby Cocobell » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 am

Hello,

I've just booked my first surfing hoilday and only have a week to go, I'm so exicted yeay! Any tips or adivce? I know this is a bit premature but I really do belive that I will be hooked and thus would like to keep it up and meet anyone who would be happy for a beginner to tag along? If so drop me a line : )
Cocobell

Next

Return to Ride Share