Swansea, seeking surf buddy

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Swansea, seeking surf buddy

Postby Rickyroughneck » Thu May 26, 2011 7:56 pm

I am a beginner, surfed for quite a few years but not often enough to really improve. Just looking for someone regular to get out with to surf. I usually ride my longboard if conditions permit, but take my 6'4 fish otherwise.

Looking to go to go to gower, perhaps explore some of the reefs!

I don't have a car but do have a pair of soft roofracks & and will pay towards petrol/ parking. I may have a car over summer if I can land a research post at the uni (I am a student there).
Rickyroughneck

Re: Swansea, seeking surf buddy

Postby Sean » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:55 pm

hey buddy, I surf the gower a lot if you wanna tag along?
Sean

Postby Rickyroughneck » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:12 am

Awesome, I just left Swansea last week (of course punctuated by constant swell since), but I am back end September. Do you winter surf? I'll pm my number.
Rickyroughneck

Postby chaaaaarlie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:12 pm

I'd like to get involved. I have a Van and I'm coming to Uni there as off about 20th September. Definitely up for doing some exploring! Do you guys have facebook or phone no.s ? http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=725806868
My photography blog- www.charliedurrant.com
chaaaaarlie

Postby jcooky » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 pm

I'll get in on this as well if that's alright. I'm living in Port Talbot. I work though, so mainly summer evenings and weekends for me!
jcooky

Postby Rickyroughneck » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:27 pm

chaaaaarlie wrote:I'd like to get involved. I have a Van and I'm coming to Uni there as off about 20th September. Definitely up for doing some exploring! Do you guys have facebook or phone no.s ? http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=725806868

Yeah the surf club is a pretty good way to meet the surfers. The facebook page isn't used much but I believe it is called Swansea uni surf club, see you in September!

jcooky wrote:I'll get in on this as well if that's alright. I'm living in Port Talbot. I work though, so mainly summer evenings and weekends for me!

Nice, bit of a trek down to the Gower, props. I will pm you my number. Do you surf Porthcawl much? I know a guy from Bridgend who surfs there.
Rickyroughneck

Postby chaaaaarlie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:22 pm

I'm going down early, I'll be there from about the 10th. send me a text if you want to surf. 07730007244
My photography blog- www.charliedurrant.com
chaaaaarlie

Postby JCMason » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Hey, I'm fairly new but have been going out as often as I can. Also looking for people to surf with throughout winter and onwards. Have a car and can probably fit about 3 boards (takes my 6ft8" fine) and 3 people in. If you have room for 1 more(new but enthusiastic :-)) Person I'd love to join in! I live in Skewen so close enough to Swansea and the surrounding area.
JCMason

Postby huw4123 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:31 am

Hey,

I live in Cardiff and tend to go to Porthcawl and Southerndown. Keen to go on any weekend surfs to the gower. My email is huw4123@hotmail.co.uk

Also if anyone is keen for Porthcawl area please let me know.

Cheers

Huw
huw4123

Postby Drumm » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 pm

I plan on winter surfing too. I live near Bath, but can come to Porthcawl or Gower.

Have no surf buddies, so would love to tag along if you'll have me. Am a beginner though, so hope not to cramp your style!

Drop me a line if I can come! scoots180@live.co.uk

cheers
Drumm

Return to Ride Share