Warwickshire surfers??????

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Warwickshire surfers??????

Postby BigBlackDog » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am

I live in Leamington and am looking for other surfers in the area to share lifts with mainly at weekends to S Wales, N Devon, Scarborough etc. I have been in touch with the oxford group but it would be a pain for me and them to meet up as they generally go to Devon using the M4 I guess. I am still very much a novice and am learning on my 7'9 Bic Minimal but would like to go more regularly (the missus doesn't like me going on my own in case I drown! understandable I guess)
BigBlackDog

Re: Warwickshire surfers??????

Postby perranboy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 am

Hi BBD

Tried to PM you without any success. Try PMing me.

Cheers

Perranboy
perranboy

Postby BigBlackDog » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:39 am

Hi PB,

I have PM'd u but not sure if it worked!

BBD
BigBlackDog

Postby perranboy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Have PM'd (No success) and E-mailed (maybe you've got it?)

PB
perranboy

Postby MJE » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Kin ell did you two get together the suspense is killin me
MJE

Postby Mark F » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi Warwickshire surfer. I'm in Bridgwater, not Warwickshire but am on the M5 so if you are going down and would like someone to contribute to petrol for some of the way, I will be going regularly from here.
So if you haven't found anyone to go with yet, you can tell your musses I'm a good rescuer as I've had a bit of experience.
Cheers Mark
Mark F

Postby petegee56 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey man, Im new here however I live in Tamworth, so there is no one to go surfing with around here, I do have one mate from Kenilworth i go with, but always on the look out for company

Pete
petegee56

Postby pst » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 am

Pete - there's a few of us that go from your area, Lichfield Solihull Brum Stoke etc.
Give me a PM if you wanna sort a trip with us.
pst

Postby loepan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:18 pm

im up for this....pm me solihull based
loepan

Postby Coyotesurferuk » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Im also Tamworth and would be up for it too.
Coyotesurferuk

Postby ChesiBooth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:14 pm

I Live in Stratford Upon Avon! I don't know any other surfers in this area! Completely stuck! :(
ChesiBooth

Postby Mrblonde » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi. I live in Wolston nr Coventry & am trying to bring my surfing on. Been trying for about 4 years but dont get in the water half as much as i want to
Mrblonde

Postby gyrlj » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Howdy,

I'm going to cut to chase here. Popeye are you on this feed? We have about 4 of us who go down most weekends North Devon.

My number is 07846363768 email richard_jones123@hotmail.com

We are keen, have a van. Be good to here from any of you. All standards, genders welcome.

regards

RJ11
gyrlj

Postby rustopher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:23 pm

I'll bring a board and get in touch next time I'm down - my folks are in Kenilworth and I'd love to extend the trip to N Devon. Normally surf Scotland.
rustopher

Postby briggfoot » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi folks,
Just dropping in to say "hi," and that it's good to see a few familiar place names in this thread.

Just to give you a quick dit about myself:
Got the surf bug yeeeaarrs ago as a child on a family holiday, then lived (existed?) in Coventry for the next 15 years - no surf.

Finally getting back in the mix as I work in Taunton, Somerset during the week and am trying to get to North Devon at weekends now.

Coventry is still where I call home, so I look forward to surfing with some of you guys/gals in the future (getting a bit of practise in first before I paddle out with you :wink: :lol: )

big love
briggsy
briggfoot

Postby briggfoot » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Well I dunno what happened there, swear I'd typed a reply and hit "submit!"

I got the surfing bug as a kid and havn't surfed for the last 15+ years, living in Coventry (bleurgh!) Now escaped and working in Somerset and getting to North Devon at weekends as often as possible.
Had a weeks surfing in Portugal last week, so i'm proper "stoked" again, and look forward to surfing with some of you soon (once I've got a bit more practise in. :wink: :-D )

Wishing you all clean and glassy waves!

briggsy
briggfoot

Postby roberdy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:05 pm

briggfoot wrote:Well I dunno what happened there, swear I'd typed a reply and hit "submit!"

You might wanna read this http://community.magicseaweed.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24581 it's the big post at the top of the general and for sale threads that says "new posters read this"... :wink:
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby briggfoot » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:42 am

Aha, yeah I missed that one! Cheers roberdy :-)
briggfoot

Postby katman63 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,

just reading through this thread. Total NOOB to surfing, but had a few goes down at the Welsh Surf School and totally bitten ! Trouble is I live in Coventry ( 170 ish miles from the coast ) TBH couldn't get further from the coast if I tried !!! LOL. Have transport ( trouble is its only a 2 seater van ), but if people wanna jump in the back I'm cool with that , or I'll share fuel costs and jump in someone else's car / van.
Be good to get in touch with other " in-land surfers "

Hopefull

Phil
katman63

Postby Sophia_cant_surf » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:40 am

Hey I'm going to be that annoying person who joins the conversation way, way too late but hey! So guys/gals has there been an unofficial land locked surfers club established?? I'm a brummie girl whose seriously gotten bitten by the surf bug, I am shockingly crap but well we all have to start somewhere! I don't have a board or a car, but I will share petrol costs, bring cakes and I've taught yoga at a surf camp before so can a) teach you some yoga or get you in contact with surf camps in Senegal, Portugal or Spain if you so wish :)

Peace, love and surfboards

p.s. email me on sophia.cant.surf@gmail.com if your interested in having another amigo along :)
Sophia_cant_surf

Postby seánnolan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi everyone, I'm in Redditch, and have no way of getting to the beach regularly, which is killing me.

If anyone has a car or doesnt but is looking too and is from this area let me know, it would be good to meet some more surfers around here!
seánnolan

Return to Ride Share