Somewhere Wed-Thurs from London?

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Somewhere Wed-Thurs from London?

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Thinking of entering the bull pit that is BMP on Thurs. Not sure of the conditions. It'll prob be flat. Not surfed there in donkey's years so gonna have to work my way up to the peak slowly :lol:

Anyone wanna share some fuel and (if the locals don't chase us out the water) waves?

Wind looks like it swings round late morning so aiming to get there then as swell will surely drop quick, if there is any to start with.

Prob be the best part of £40 in fuel round trip shared between however many. Or happy to jump in your motor. Leaving from A3 near the M25 junction. Surf until flat or dead, come home (unless dead).

Also, thinking ahead to next week's offshores and wee chance of small high period swell on Wed on the west coast. Anyone eyeing that up?
Last edited by Poo Stance on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poo Stance

Re: Somewhere south this Thurs from London

Postby Philshoz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Where is that Poo......BourneMouth Pier?
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Re: Somewhere south this Thurs from London

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:03 am

Ay you be right there Mr Shoz, although I ended up in Bossie Pier as was too keen to get in before the swell vaporised. Had some on me new board until the swimmers thought it would be fun to get in everyones way.

So anyone keen on Wednesday/Thurs combo? Maybe even head down for the eve session tomorrow?

Once again, be leaving from M25 A3 Junction, along M3. A303, A30. Can pick up on route if needed.
Poo Stance

Re: Somewhere Wed-Thurs from London?

Postby JayP » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:42 am

Err...... isn't the forecast a bit millpondy ???
JayP

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Should defo be a wave Wed morning. Got two swells running. One small high period from the W and one slightly bigger but lower period from the WNW. Not really too sure if Thurs will hold onto anything. A few swell magnets might pick up something.

Also, considering getting down there for Tue arvo as the high period swells always turn up before the forecast says.

You're putting doubt in my mind now... you don't happen to be a local trying to get the beach to yourself? What makes you think it's gonna be flat? Should be log heaven if nothing else. Pity I don't have a log though :lol:
Poo Stance

Postby JayP » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Well I'm not sure of the best local forecast for Bournemouth but this doesn't look promising - http://magicseaweed.com/Bournemouth-Surf-Report/12/ (with or without the pinch of salt!)
JayP

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:22 pm

I see what's happened now.

Bournemouth was on Thursday LAST week.

Wed/Thurs THIS week is west coast. Maybe I didn't articulate myself well enough. My bad.

Still no guarantee of waves though, but I'm quietly confident.

SO.... anyone want to come to CORNWALL for wed/thursday?
Poo Stance

Postby JayP » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 pm

lol...yes that looks a bit more like it!
Whats your plan? head down tues pm or wed am? Where to? And what you thinking accomodation wise?
Very tempted to come as gagging for a surf but work is being a bitch! .... (forecast for thurso looks pretty damn good too! Shame its a 10 hour drive!!!)
JayP

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Not really sure on a plan yet. Usually it goes like this.... um and errr about whether I can afford to drive 8hrs round trip and if the surf will actually be worth it. When it comes near the time I need to decide by, my selfish addictive tendencies take over and I throw everything in the car and make like Usain (and bolt). Then I spend the next 3 hrs trying to decide which area/beach to go to for optimum conditions.

On this occasion I am putting Gwithian as the desination. Only because the banks were better there than anywhere else last time I went west.

Re: sleeping. It's usually in my car in a field somewhere where the gate has been left open and it's not in plain view of any houses. I'll have a tent with me though if needed. However, I'm happy to drop peeps off at hostels, B&Bs, relatives, squats, prisons, army barracks, disused mental institutes if needed and not miles and mile away from were we're surfing.

Not sure if I'll leave Tues. More than likely I will because it means waking up there and getting the dawnie in. And with Wed morning prob having the most swell I think it'll be for the best. Can't see the swell holding for Friday so prob pack up and leave when the waves are all but gone on Thursday afternoon/eve.

Let me know if your keen. I'll PM you my mobile in a sec if you wanna chat.

:-D

just to reiterate. NOT going to Bournemouth! :lol: :lol:
Poo Stance

Return to Ride Share