BRISTOL

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

BRISTOL

Postby sam » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi my name is Sam, im from Oz, recently moved to Bristol, dont have a car (yet). Im so desperately keen to go for a surf, anywhere really, wales, southwest, scotland for all i care. have time during the week or on weekends, got money for fuel, got a 6'2 , got a wetty etc. happy to surf any sort of wave, but prefer it when its fast.

in bristol i live in bishopston but could get anywhere so its no inconvenience. thanks!

sam
sam

Re: BRISTOL

Postby midnightwolf » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi, me and my boyfriend have just moved to bristol. Were looking to improve fitness before we surf again, as mines gone way down hill after a broken foot...
But anyways have you checked out the bristol surf club, they meet on thursdays and run a lot of trips. £5 a year to join i belive. Also check out beach shack. Surf shop nearish where you are, kellaway avenue. They know a lot about the local surf scene. Only found the shop a few weeks ago even though i live quite near it!
midnightwolf

Postby fonfonfon » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi there!,

I'm considering moving to Bristol in about 1 month.
I'm a Computer Engineer so I was looking for a place where I can find a job easily and also not too far from surf spots so Bristol popped up, and also I have a good friend who also surfs living in Bristol at the moment.

I am taking my beloved van (1996 Fiat Ducato :D) with me.

It would be nice to meet with people around the area, and also to plan surf trips for sure!
fonfonfon

Postby skinny » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi, my names Tom. I have been living in Bristol for a few months now and have been regulary bodyboarding the north devon coast. I work near patchway and live in Horfield. I am fairly flexible with work and can get out most fridays. Am always keen for a trip to the beach.
skinny

Postby fonfonfon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:42 am

Hi Tom!, how are you.

I am already in Bristol, how long does it take for you on a regular day to get there?.

Thanks and be in touch.

Alfonso
fonfonfon

Postby skinny » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Its about 2 1/4 hours to croyde or lynmouth. 1 1/4 to porthcrawl.
skinny

Postby fonfonfon » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:48 pm

not too bad!. I am picking one of these weekends to go back home and pick my gear, great!.
fonfonfon

Postby aliaucky » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Guys, I'm Al, 29 and hoping to move to Bristol this/next month. Still in relatively early days (early intermediate) of surfing having been a proficient kitesurfer and snowboarder for years, looking for people to hit Devon/Wales with.

I'm still looking for a decent room in Clifton/Redland anywhere pretty central with nearby parking really. Found some available online that look good but wondering if there are any Bristol based surfers out there that have a room to rent for a bit? Short term ideally to begin, but if all was working well maybe longer? I fly Air Ambulances for a living so work a weird roster pattern, but am often available on weekdays as well as weekends. I have an efficient diesel car so can drive or be a humorous passenger supplying food, music and entertainment.

If anyone is interested let me know ;)
aliaucky

Postby skobli » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:17 am

Hi everyone

Is anyone planning on heading down to North Devon this weekend? I'm looking to go and stay at a mate's in Braunton, board is already there so I'd only be carrying my suit etc. Very happy to chip in for petrol. Let me know!

Cheers
Bernie
skobli

Return to Ride Share