Sharing a car from London to East coast

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Sharing a car from London to East coast

Postby sergi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:09 pm

I am a beginner willing to practice surf in a more regular basis of 1-day trips to the coast, and hopefully getting better at it!
Based in London and using Zipcar, so I have the plan down to this:

— Renting a Zipcar costs £100 to go to the coast and back (Broadstairs area). If we share a car, it will only cost £20 each.
— Leaving on a Saturday or Sunday (depending on the best weather) early morning, back to London the same day in the afternoon.
— In my case, I rent the board & wetsuit there, for 3-4 hours is really cheap (no roof bars in Zipcars yet :-(

So if there are other 4 people out there, London-based, that think this is a good and cost-effective plan for being able to surf every now and again, please let me know here, or drop me a line: sergiperezws@gmail.com and soon we'll be driving down to the beach!

Cheers.
sergi

Re: Sharing a car from London to East coast

Postby citysurf101 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Hello have you had much luck with east coast?
citysurf101

Re: Sharing a car from London to East coast

Postby gfunkerror » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Sergi - Have you considered getting a soft rack system? You can stick those on Zipcar - have done that before - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulldog-Single ... B00KT4P5XE

None the less - I am no longer in London - I am based in Stevenage now, a little stuck trying to find any posts mentioning even the vague area here of people interested in ride shares. humm... :<
gfunkerror

Return to Ride Share